Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 7584 times)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3693
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »
So has anyone completed the Ultimate Balance Test? (Click on the exercising balance board in the background from the training screen.) I can't get through the 3rd round. :^)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »
I didn't dare try...I'm not good at the easy balance tests

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »
I've been too scared to try as well.

Maybe tonight I'll try it.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 01:23:30 AM »
Yoga: Still not a big deal for me. I kept screwing up the Warrior pose in terms of balance until I discovered the game wants me to practically do the splits to even out my weight. Okay, so it forces everyone to do an advanced Warrior pose. Everything else is fine with this program and, I'm sure a few forum members will want to kick me in the teeth for saying so, really easy (for me). But I've been doing Yoga for a long time now. The poses are pretty easy unto themselves. The challenge is with the balance stuff and keeping that little stupid dot in the yellow circle.

Strength Training: I'm unlocking crap left and right. Unlocked the Jacknife challenge last night. The game made me feel good about myself by letting me beat the trainer at it (but we only did 10 reps, so....).

Aerobics: Still having issues with the jogging thing, but when you add in a cool down yourself, it's not so bad. Beat Pak's score on the stepping game viciously.  >:D Also did over 500 revolutions with 5  hula hoops in the Super Hula game.

Balance Games: Actually not doing too many of these, although I keep unlocking new ones by doing other things with the other programs.

I'm not sure how much I've lost, but enough in the few weeks we've had the game to get my BMI rating to "normal". Yay for me!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 05:58:18 AM »
So has anyone completed the Ultimate Balance Test? (Click on the exercising balance board in the background from the training screen.) I can't get through the 3rd round. :^)

Tried it one time last night and I beat the first 2 rounds with hardly any trouble, but couldn't get past "2" on the 3rd one.

Offline Fortis

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »
Woo! I lost 7 pounds in 4 days...is that even possible!?!!?!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »

Your weight is gonna shift back and forth by 2-3 pounds on a regular basis, so really you've lost 4 or 5 pounds. But not to rain on your parade as it sounds like you're doing really good. Just don't lose too much too fast. 1-1.5 pounds a week (not counting normal fluctuation) is considered normal. Did you sweat a lot in the last few days?  :)

Offline Fortis

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:18 PM »

Your weight is gonna shift back and forth by 2-3 pounds on a regular basis, so really you've lost 4 or 5 pounds. But not to rain on your parade as it sounds like you're doing really good. Just don't lose too much too fast. 1-1.5 pounds a week (not counting normal fluctuation) is considered normal. Did you sweat a lot in the last few days?  :)

Ive been steadily losing weight with wii fit since I got it...it has fluctuated a bit, but its been a consistent weight loss. And I live in Vegas where it has just gotten extremely hot...I've been sweating a lot.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »
I had the same BMI for 3 straight days.  I appear to have leveled out for the time being.

Just for kicks (since Wii Fit will let you say you're born as recent as 2006) we had my son try it out.  (He just turned two about 10 days ago)  His high score so far without us helping is in the mid-30's on the soccer ball game after about 5 tries.  We keep trying to get video of him playing but he gets distracted by the camera.

I'll definitely post video when I get a chance.  It's pretty amusing.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »
So I'm still not really losing any weight thanks to this game. Since I pump iron on a regular basis, I really don't foresee that happening and am content to drift within my normal 2-3 lb plus/minus range. I have to say that the game does make you less likely to indulge in bad foods due to the fact that it encourages you to weigh in every day and you can see the damages immediately. Note: it doesn't STOP you from indulgences, just makes you more aware of them and maybe less likely to eat them, or eat less, or compensate for them later on. Nice.

I've unlocked all the balance games, strength exercises (minus 2 challenges) and yoga poses and am one away from unlocking all the aerobics stuff. I find the "Free Step" thing to be quite useful in the evening after I've had my dinner to burn off a little extra while I watch TV. My pedometer and the step counter on the game don't sync up, however. I put in 1,900 steps in the 20 minute setting but my pedometer is saying roughly 1,200. I'm also noticing a slight increase in stamina from the running-in-place stuff in the game, which is something I sorely lack due to significant lung damage after years of having repeated bouts of pneumonia. The increase in stamina is helping out with my outside walking/running somewhat. Thanks, Wii Fit!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 01:17:38 PM »
Note: it doesn't STOP you from indulgences

That's part of the 2 player mode where the other person smacks you with the board WWE-style!  Maybe you haven't unlocked that yet.  ;D

Offline Fortis

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
That's really cool that wii fit is helping you with your stamina, very cool.

Yeah, I've hit sort of a rut with wii fit, I was losing about a pound and a half with wii fit everyday. But since monday I've stayed the same weight within a couple pounds. I knew this would happen, but I didn't think it would so soon. The tally is, I've lost about 12 pounds with wii fit, and earlier in the year I lost 15 pounds on a diet. So 28 pounds lost since January. Thats intense.

I really like the Free Step thing as well, I have a schedule I've set up for myself. I get home from work, and then begin exercising, at the half hour mark, the news comes on (with the hot newscaster) and I do free step for twenty minutes during the news.

I've been getting some great workouts with wii fit, and I've noticed changes in my metabolism, body clock, and my overall awareness during the day. I feel tired less, and going off of what Tyrant has said...even though I eat pretty healthy, I do notice if I eat out, or if I eat more than usual, I don't lose as much with wii fit, so weighing in everyday has helped me to say no to getting something to eat quick at a fast food joint, and instead cooking my own meals at home.

Something interesting, like I said, I had been losing about 1.3 pounds steadily with wii fit. And one day, I had a burger and fries at wendies, and I weighed in the next day. I gained 0.3 pounds. But when I ate at subway or In-n-out burger, I still had the steady weight loss trend at the next weigh in.

I've decided with the rut I'm in, in the lack of losing weight with Wii Fit...I"m going to move on to doing more outside of wii fit, like swimming and running. And hopefully I will continue to lose weight. Oh, as a side note, wii fit told me my ideal weight is 145...there is no way I'm ever going to weigh that much. My little brother weighs that much, and he is as tall as me, but he has a small bone structure, and not much muscle mass. I have a gigantic bone structure, and a lot of muscle mass. I tried telling wii fit, but it wouldn't listen, that I haven't weighed that much since I was in 8th grade...and I wasn't even fat back then!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
Note: it doesn't STOP you from indulgences

That's part of the 2 player mode where the other person smacks you with the board WWE-style!  Maybe you haven't unlocked that yet.  ;D

:clap:    :D

Something interesting, like I said, I had been losing about 1.3 pounds steadily with wii fit. And one day, I had a burger and fries at wendies, and I weighed in the next day. I gained 0.3 pounds. But when I ate at subway or In-n-out burger, I still had the steady weight loss trend at the next weigh in.

Aaah, nothing interupts steady weight loss/gain like protein and iron. I feel your pain. Anytime I have a week-long eating affair with chicken or fish (which is what they tell you to eat), my weight either stays the same or I actually gain a bit. Within 24 hours of eating, say, a steak or hamburger, I suddenly drop 3-4 lbs out of nowhere and I don't gain it back unless I go back to eating protein from other sources.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 07:53:29 PM »
*BUMP*

I would just like to announce that Wii Fit has deemed me as having a "normal" BMI for, like, three weeks now. And then some. I seem to be losing about half a pound a week. I figured I didn't have much to lose given my weight training routine, but there ya go. I won't mind the weight loss unless I notice I'm losing muscle.

Offline Fortis

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:13 PM »
Congrats Tyrant!

Myself I've lost about 14 pounds with wii fit. And its really helped me out...I feel great right now, and its made me much more active than I was, even though I felt I was pretty active.

Thats really cool Tyrant, congrats, It still says I'm overweight, but its always going to say that with my build.  :-\