Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 7602 times)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
Wii Fit
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
Anyone planning to get this?  I have been working tonight, which is the launch, but my mom works at Wal-mart in the electronics department and she said there was a big line (she estimated about 100 folks) and they only got 30 of them in.   It's pretty odd for a game to be a sell out.  Leave it to Nintendo to create a sellout and create an artificial buzz.

I was planning on getting one today after work.  I get off at 6:30 am so that's too late for Wally world.  Target opens at 8:00.  Best Buy at 9:00. I'll swing by after work and see if there's a line (if there is, screw that).

I guess it's kind of a girly game so none of you guys are probably exciting about it.  I think this is the best week every because everything I've been looking forward to summer wise is happening: the release of Wii Fit, the new Indy movie and this weekend is our big memorial day music festival.

The rest of the "summer" is going to be a drag compared :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:14:34 AM by AmandaGal »
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:40:03 AM »
My wife is interested so I'm going to try and get my hands on one, too.  I went by Target the other day and they confirmed they were getting them on Wednesday.  I asked if they had a waiting list but the guy in electronics said there would be plenty.  So either he's not keeping up with the buzz about Wii Fit or or the demand has been exaggerated.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:47:29 AM »
Apparently, it's not for kids.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
My wife went down to Sears to use a $100 gift card we got for Christmas to get it.  The truck was late and they're only getting 2 copies in.  They don't do pre-orders or hold copies either.

I called the other local Sears and asked for (and I quote) "The Wii Fit Video Game" and was promptly transferred by the person in the Electronics section to the Hardware section because she didn't know what I was talking about.

After he transferred me back up there she pretty much started yelling at me to stop calling because she didn't know what it was. "So stop asking".

Very odd.

And that's why I normally go to Best Buy.  (plus the reward zone bucks)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:32 AM »

I casually looked for it this morning while I was doing some laundry and didn't come across any. I wanted to give it a shot for the snowboarding/skiing aspects of it.

For kicks, I checked out the Amazon Marketplace and there's 90 of them up already with the lowest sitting at $125. Yikes, I'll pick one up sometime this summer.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:21:16 AM »
Wife picked it up at Best Buy.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:53 AM »
AG: Good luck. It's selling very quickly, according to the reports that I'm seeing. If all else fails, you might want to check a local Blockbuster. They get popular games in for sale as well, so they might have a copy.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »
Apparantly we're all fat lazy slobs out here in MA.  My wife said the BB employee told her she got the first copy they had sold.  Nobody else had come in looking for it yet.  (I probably should have told her to grab a few copies and sold them!)

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:42:15 AM »
I had no trouble finding one here in Las Vegas.  I went to Wal Mart around 6:30 this morning after getting out of work and they must have had a dozen of them.  I seriously thought about getting two or three and reselling the others  ;D  but that seemed like too much hassle.  My wife and I have been playing with it for the last hour or so and I've got to say it's extremely cool.  Leave it to Nintendo to find a way to get us fatasses to exercise and make it fun!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »
If that family in the news sues Nintendo for saying their kid was "obese" maybe I should sue them for saying my pregnant wife is "obese".

hmm....

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
I picked one up here in Vegas at walmart at midnight...there were 12 people ahead of me. I only played it for an hour last night and then went to bed...and I got to admit, I thought this game would be gimmicky and I would lose interest after a week of playing...but It was really fun. I actually started thinking of the trainer I have as a real person and thanked her when she said I was doing good, and gave me advice.

Yoga is crazy...this is my first attempt at anything yoga, and on one of the yoga-exercise things, my spine popped right into alignment...it was fantastic!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
We've been sitting on a $50 Walmart gift card we got for Christmas that we intend to spend on Wii Fit (because they never restocked Masterpiece Starscream  :P). With any luck, Pak managed to grab it before he went to work today. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. The resistance training looks kind of tame to me, as do the yoga poses. I hope they allow you to safely add on hand weights and get you to bend yourself into a pretzel at some point.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
I guess it's kind of a girly game so none of you guys are probably exciting about it.  I think this is the best week every because everything I've been looking forward to summer wise is happening: the release of Wii Fit, the new Indy movie and this weekend is our big memorial day music festival.

I've been looking forward to it. I'm curious to see how the pad works. I wonder if they'll make other non-fitness games that utilize it. Maybe we should use it in one of our Wii games.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
Wii Ski (or something like that) will use the board.  And supposedly Raving Rabbids 3 will as well.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »
I got one, but Target didn't have them. I had been sitting on a $50 target card since Christmas too.  Oh well. I have to buy someone a shower gift and she's registered at Target.  I figured I'd pick it up at Best Buy and use the Target card to get her shower gift.

I haven not played that much though.  I did hula hoops and some push-ups.  I haven't even looked at most of the categories.  It's very responsive though.  I am a little impressed. 
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?