login

Author Topic: Crystal skull show on Sci-Fi.  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: Crystal skull show on Sci-Fi.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
Ah I see the problem; when I put "Underworld History Channel" in the Youtube search engine I'm shown clips from Cities of the Underworld which actually is one of the shows on T"H"C that I rather like. I'd expect the case is the same on most video hosting sites.

Well, still can't find the damn thing, although I did find this which I found extremely entertaining:

[yt=425,350]539xWgHhatM[/yt]

And if you read the commentary area, yes that's me attempting to tactfully debate with some of the pro-vampire folks about why they're not really vampires.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »
Ah I see the problem; when I put "Underworld History Channel" in the Youtube search engine I'm shown clips from Cities of the Underworld which actually is one of the shows on T"H"C that I rather like. I'd expect the case is the same on most video hosting sites.

Well, still can't find the damn thing, although I did find this which I found extremely entertaining:

[yt=425,350]539xWgHhatM[/yt]

And if you read the commentary area, yes that's me attempting to tactfully debate with some of the pro-vampire folks about why they're not really vampires.

Oh my god, it is to laugh, I thumbs Upped your comments  :)

This is one of my favorite responses

findunclerico (6 months ago)

get a life, hippy gothik-vampire wanna-be, you suck ass, not? blood.

I think they do best when they stick to "folksy" type histories. I saw one on the history of Halloween (in America, generally) that was pretty good.

Yep it's not like I hate everything on the "History" Channel, but the over preponderance of Nostradamus and Movie Tie-ins and similar shite grates after a while.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:22:16 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »
This is why I think they should subtly change their logo:

Speaking of fake history, they ran a 2-hour long "historical documentary" about the underground war between werewolves and vampires around the time the second Underworld movie was coming out a few years ago. They interviewed some people who thought they were werewolves, and some people who thought they were vampires, and apparently these people who think they're werewolves and vampires think they've been waging some kind of pretend war with each other for centuries. So basically it was a documentary about insane people.

Oh yeah, I saw that. Basically a 2-hour commercial for the Underworld movie to get people psyched about the subject. All it did for me was make me wonder whether the people interviewed were serious or not. It didn't help that the "vampires" were your typical gothic euro-trash. Or that the werewolves looked like Neil Young on a bad day.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 07:06:19 PM »
Oh incidentally I was watching an episode of Cities of the Underworld (I think, there were tunnels and caves in it) about Jerusalem.

In it they were talking about the sacking of the First Temple and kept referring to Zedekiah as the last king of Judea, not once but multiple times. ::)

I realize it's a popular history channel and the distinction is multifaceted but surely they could have at least used the correct historical name for the national entity.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2563
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
I guess I have to lower my opinion of THC even more, tomorrow, on Memorial Day, what are they doing, a MonsterQuest marathon!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 01:17:03 AM »
Well, -I- know -I- can't think of the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms without thinking about the Loch Ness Monster.  :P  Go History Channel!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »
So The Hitler Channel goes with monsters on Memorial Day? I'd just like to say . . . "the hell?"

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2563
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »
So The Hitler Channel goes with monsters on Memorial Day? I'd just like to say . . . "the hell?"

They did nothing all day to honor vets, their schedule today was all monsters and cave men.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »
And women having the babies of Orangutans :-\

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
Sadly twice, once before I headed out to the park to walk the dogs, and it was on again after I got back.

It was about a Russian Scientist who was very into Hybridization and he received a grant to breed Ape-Human Hybrids ostensibly to make super soldiers.

But apparently it was really all a big two fingered salute to Religion and its objections to Evolutionary theory.

I think THC just wanted to show Max, Mon Amour and couldn't secure the screening rights. They even used a scene from King Kong as evidence that Apes sometimes find Human women attractive. ::)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:21:29 AM by TripeHoundRedux »