login

Author Topic: Go Team Venture!  (Read 23191 times)

anais.jude

Re: New Venture Brothers Starting June 1st
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 07:12:54 AM »
I agree. I was telling BTA about the show, so we "taped" this episode but he couldn't watch it. I explained that it was not a good first episode; it was strictly for the fans.

Luckily he is going to rent season 1

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2591
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »
Figurines?  I want figurines!  Where did you get them? 

We got ours from Hot Topic. They're Adult Swim figurines, and they're blind packaged so you don't know which one you're getting, so there's a chance you might end up with an Assy McGee (Feel the heft of the boxes. He's the heaviest figurine if you want to avoid having a resin model of a talking hinder) but we managed to score 2 Monarchs in just 5 tries, so either we're lucky, or he's one of the more prolific figures. Still no Dr. Girlfriend, though..

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 01:43:01 PM »

We got ours from Hot Topic. They're Adult Swim figurines, and they're blind packaged so you don't know which one you're getting, so there's a chance you might end up with an Assy McGee (Feel the heft of the boxes. He's the heaviest figurine if you want to avoid having a resin model of a talking hinder) but we managed to score 2 Monarchs in just 5 tries, so either we're lucky, or he's one of the more prolific figures. Still no Dr. Girlfriend, though..

If you have trouble finding them at Hot Topic, you can also order them directly from the [adult swim] store: http://www.williamsstreet.com/cat/Kidrobot-Adult-Swim-Mini-Series.html

They're also calling the wave series one, so assuming sales are good on these, we've got a second wave to look forward to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:44:46 PM by Tyrant »

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2365
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Damn, that seems like a steep price for 3 figurines.  How big are they again?

If I'm going to spend that much and possibly get a big ass out of it, I think I'll wait until I can get off eBay or something.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »

If you have trouble finding them at Hot Topic, you can also order them directly from the [adult swim] store: http://www.williamsstreet.com/cat/Kidrobot-Adult-Swim-Mini-Series.html

They're also calling the wave series one, so assuming sales are good on these, we've got a second wave to look forward to.

Thanks, that'll save me from having to step foot in a Hot Topic.   ;D

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 02:49:41 PM »
Damn, that seems like a steep price for 3 figurines.  How big are they again?

If I'm going to spend that much and possibly get a big ass out of it, I think I'll wait until I can get off eBay or something.

The size depends on the figure. Seems they range from 1"-2.5". I'll admit they're pricier than usual for blind boxed figurines (I think Hot Topic charged $7 per box). Pak and I will resort to Ebay only when we've exhausted our patience in trying to get particular figures.

Assuming we get tons of extras, I'd be open to trading for others to anyone on the forum. Assuming I don't find reasons and ways to kitbash a few.

anais.jude

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
So what did you guys think of "The Doctor is Sin"? I love the idea that Rusty is trying to get back in the game because he's jealous of his bro. I wish they would have kept him as a supervillain. That would make an awesome stroy arch, and I love seeing the monarch and the venture's working together!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
I loved that ep. I'm becoming more and more intrigued by Killinger each time he's featured and he's starting to shoulder his way into my top five characters from the show. Dr.Venture being a super villain would have been cool (at least for a season or half a season), but I think his contentment to stay a nobody wasn't surprising. I have a feeling he and the Monarch will have to team up again at some point in the future. They have the lamest (ie: funniest) super scientist/villain relationship I've ever seen in media.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 04:21:03 AM »
I loved this one, too.  The new Doctor Who episodes have been pretty disappointing so it's good to know there's still one show on TV that I can really look forward to.  I'm glad they brought Killinger back again.  I believe this was the first time we actually see him kill anyone with his 'magic murder bag'.  I thought the whole point of the joke was that he was actually this wonderful guy with a scary name and costume?  Pretty interesting to see that he was trying to groom Venture into a supervillain.  Maybe this points to some moral choices Venture is going to have to make in the future.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2365
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 04:55:51 AM »
Two episodes so far and both of them home runs.  Killinger was consistently awesome in this episode, his confrontation and pwnage of the "silly billy" Dr. Orpheus was enough to make my jaw drop, and having another episode with the Alchemist's fingerprints on it is always good.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

anais.jude

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 05:48:43 AM »
Dana Shynder FTW! Dr. O is def one of my fave characters. I loved the bit with Doc Venture Sr. and his [censored] only to then have it turn into Killinger

"This is where your feelings of inadaquency began"

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2591
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
Yeah. So he turned down the Supervillian thing, but I wonder if Dr. Venture is going to start to benefit from his newfound confidence.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
I doubt it. Being a nobody riding on the success of the efforts of those who came before him seems to be Dr.Venture's "thing". Although if his brother keeps being the success he is, Rusty may step up to the plate yet, if only to upstage him. He's a very "loser" type personality, and seemingly will only be heroic if it benefits him in some way (usually in a monetary fashion).

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 10:45:02 AM »
I loved that Dr. Venture's "supervillain" outfit was VERY clearly Lex Luthor's get-up from the late 70s/early 80s.

And Dad Venture's flapping "CENSORED" bar will haunt my dreams forEVER.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

anais.jude

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 05:03:33 PM »
It will be in my dreams, but under much better circumstances   ;D