Author Topic: Go Team Venture!  (Read 22487 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3102
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Go Team Venture!
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »
So I'm looking at some Adult Swim cartoons on Netflix DVD and this show along with Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, Futurama, and Squidbillies look like they could be funny.. Got Robot Chicken up to Season 4 and plan on getting 5 & 6 but 7 is only available for sale, and season 8 is not available at all on DVD ???
Any other recommendations? :o

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2429
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2017, 08:59:02 AM »
I love every one of those shows and suspect you would as well. Early Adult Swim captures a lot of the weird energy that made Space Ghost so great. I would add Sealab 2021 (At least the first 2 volumes) to the list. There are a lot of other Adult Swim shows that I love, but they're way less accessible.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
I love every one of those shows and suspect you would as well. Early Adult Swim captures a lot of the weird energy that made Space Ghost so great. I would add Sealab 2021 (At least the first 2 volumes) to the list. There are a lot of other Adult Swim shows that I love, but they're way less accessible.
Ok cool :o
Yeah I was wondering about Sealab 2021, I'll add that to my queue as well 8)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2342
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »

I love Sealab 2021, so I second the recommendation. The later episodes do lose a step, but there was no real avoiding it as one of the main cast had passed away. They did the best with what they had though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2017, 09:16:26 AM »

I love Sealab 2021, so I second the recommendation. The later episodes do lose a step, but there was no real avoiding it as one of the main cast had passed away. They did the best with what they had though.
Ah ok. I'll keep that in mind when I watch it. Thanks!

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 106
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »
The Brak Show I always found random and obnoxious, even though I sort of liked Space Ghost.  Squidbillies I'm just too turned off by the poor quality of the artwork.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
Beavis and ButtHead artwork was poor but was still a very funny show in my opinion..