Author Topic: CLUE: Online (Game One - Ended)  (Read 18755 times)

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
Re: CLUE: Online (Game One - In Progress)
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »
now to solve the mystery of the dead singing telegram
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline whthat

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
YEAH!!

Question: where did you get the cool Case File image?  Is it just a Photoshop or is their a website for it?

Offline Rude.

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Forum Czar
    • Zombie-Thon
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »

Success!

Thanks to the masterful investigation and solid deductive reasoning of Mrs. Peacock we have managed to solve this horrible murder... And just in the nick of time, as the police have finally arrived here at Tudor Mansion.

We can be confident as we turn Professor Plum over the the authorities. For we all know that it was he who strangled the life from Mr. Boddy with a rope, here in his own Billiard Room. We've collected the evidence, solved the mystery, and now we can finally put this terrible event behind us!

Thank you all for help. And especially to Mrs. Peacock... who is truly a Master Detective!

-Wadsworth
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »
Don't forget to thank Colonel Mustard as well, since we all know Mustard and Peacock were working together.
In round 2, Mustard ignored the Lounge because he knew Peacock already had that evidence.
In round 3, Peacock ignored the Ballroom because she knew Mustard already had that evidence.
In round 4, Mustard gets a free pass to the billiard room, but would've ended up there anyway I suppose.
In round 5, Mustard suggests Peacock in the Billiard room in order to pull her into those hard to reach rooms, all the way from the Lounge, "because the mustard desires company". Indeed.

At no point in the game did Peacock suggest evidence held by Mustard. Mustard did suggest two pieces of evidence Peacock held. Once in round 5 when he helped Peacock reach the Billiard Room and thus wasn't making a serious suggestion anyway, and once in round 6 when he was apparently just making a random suggestion to intentionally fail so that Peacock could make the serious suggestion and win.

So let's hear it for the team of Mustard & Peacock. We've finally put an end to this interminable game. And can move on to Game 2. And this time, hopefully get players that won't bail on us, get washed away by flooding, or who are personally involved with each other (had I known this beforehand, I would have raised an objection) and thus can't actually be trusted not to share info.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »

Oh! Accusations continue to fly even after the game has ended. How intriguing!

Seriously though, i certainly hope that no one was cheating! But this game was a bit of a mess. I've never seen Online CLUE last for so long! There were a few unavoidable problems here and there, but i hope that everyone had fun. And i'm now completely open to suggestions for the next game.

-Rude

PS whthat- Thanx for the comment on the Case File image. I actually Photoshopped that myself last night when it became apparent that Mrs. Peacock was on her way to winning the game.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
Don't forget to thank Colonel Mustard as well, since we all know Mustard and Peacock were working together.
In round 2, Mustard ignored the Lounge because he knew Peacock already had that evidence.
In round 3, Peacock ignored the Ballroom because she knew Mustard already had that evidence.
In round 4, Mustard gets a free pass to the billiard room, but would've ended up there anyway I suppose.
In round 5, Mustard suggests Peacock in the Billiard room in order to pull her into those hard to reach rooms, all the way from the Lounge, "because the mustard desires company". Indeed.

At no point in the game did Peacock suggest evidence held by Mustard. Mustard did suggest two pieces of evidence Peacock held. Once in round 5 when he helped Peacock reach the Billiard Room and thus wasn't making a serious suggestion anyway, and once in round 6 when he was apparently just making a random suggestion to intentionally fail so that Peacock could make the serious suggestion and win.

So let's hear it for the team of Mustard & Peacock. We've finally put an end to this interminable game. And can move on to Game 2. And this time, hopefully get players that won't bail on us, get washed away by flooding, or who are personally involved with each other (had I known this beforehand, I would have raised an objection) and thus can't actually be trusted not to share info.

what? cheating...no...you obviously read too much into this, everything i did was arbitrary and had nothing to do with any collusions that you might envision, but thanks for the vote of confidence on me being objective and playing the game for the fun of it, jeez...the only thing i can be accused of is not being too serious about this game because it was taking so long and at first i didn't quite understand it...i think that i would have more fun playing the board game...

anais.jude

« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »

what? cheating...no...you obviously read too much into this, everything i did was arbitrary and had nothing to do with any collusions that you might envision, but thanks for the vote of confidence on me being objective and playing the game for the fun of it, jeez...the only thing i can be accused of is not being too serious about this game because it was taking so long and at first i didn't quite understand it...i think that i would have more fun playing the board game...

Yea. If Flock y and I cheat, wouldn't we have won every game of mafia so far, since all but one game we played together (oddly enough, the one game I opted out of, he won)

Nothing I can say in my defense except I play this game a lot (well simpsons version) and I had a good strategy going into the game. Flocky had no strategy anywhere in this game. Allow me to demonstrate. I figured out it was Prof Plum early on ( I was accusing in order). I went to specific rooms I had the info on, which is why i skipped certain ones. Then whthat's false accusation gave me the idea to see if the rope was the weapon. Pure luck that was. And then I had to find the room. I was close to the billiards room, and by luck again, that proved to be it.

Don't worry, Flocky def won't be playing the next game. He hated this one

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Quote from: anais.jude
Don't worry, Flocky def won't be playing the next game. He hated this one

. . .  :'( . . .

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

anais.jude

« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
Oh, it had nothing to do with the moderator. I just don't think he has the patience for clue in general. Or Monopoly. Luckily, I have monopoly on my computer

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »

Actually... i don't blame him. This game took a ridiculous amount of time. Usually these things are over in a week! Oh well... So any suggestions on making it better? 24hour rule? One turn to go from room to room? Less players, more players? Let's streamline this thing, kids!

-Rude

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
monopoly is my game, just when it goes for a few weeks, without any easily accessible visual aids (i.e. a game board) it can get a bit tiring...plus i worked overtime last week and only having one day off in 15 is a bit tiring...

Offline whthat

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »
I also had used deduction to get 3 cards and knew it was Plum unless Green had the card before I joined as Mrs. White.  So I don't doubt that Peacock and Mustard  were playing fair.

For making it better:
- Maybe an updated image to allow people to see were their character is. (This avoiding the "Where is my character?" posts)
- 24 hour rule seems like a good idea. A smaller time period would be nice but likely unfair.
- Current Move system seems good.  I dice system in the RL game is probably the best system to prevent room jumping but is difficult to impossible to implement.
- Defiantly not more players.  Maybe fewer.  Seam to remember the RL game being 4-6 players (maybe 3 min?).
- In order to streamline maybe have the moderator give the refute cycle the next time he/she is on if it hasn't taken care of itself.  For example:
     Scarlet makes suggestion
     Mustard post he can't refute
     Wadsworth comes on before White: Wadsworth post who can't refute till someone can and then it is still their job to send the PM
  It would be added work for the moderator but would speed up the game IMHO

anais.jude

« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2008, 05:07:38 AM »
Another suggestion, is we sign up and then pick a date to play the entire game that night.

I like the idea of a game board where to see the pieces. I never realised how important visual aides were to this game.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2008, 06:03:45 AM »
Yea. If Flock y and I cheat, wouldn't we have won every game of mafia so far, since all but one game we played together (oddly enough, the one game I opted out of, he won)

Well, Mafia is a completely different beast altogether.  In Clue, you could totally cheat by teaming up with someone and sharing your answers.  But in Mafia, the only thing that teaming up will do is have one less person pointing a gun at you.  The mafia, vigilantes, and citizens could still kill you off regardless of if you form an alliance with someone else.  So, your statement that you would've won every game of mafia by teaming up with Flock is laughable.  Just sayin'.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

anais.jude

« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2008, 06:23:53 AM »

Well, Mafia is a completely different beast altogether.  In Clue, you could totally cheat by teaming up with someone and sharing your answers.  But in Mafia, the only thing that teaming up will do is have one less person pointing a gun at you.  The mafia, vigilantes, and citizens could still kill you off regardless of if you form an alliance with someone else.  So, your statement that you would've won every game of mafia by teaming up with Flock is laughable.  Just sayin'.

Thanks James, just pop in and point out I still might be a cheater.... :angry: