Author Topic: Sawts?  (Read 25710 times)

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
Re: Sawts?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
There's always such a fine line between "real" bad and "pretend" bad (read as "I know it was supposed to be a goofy bad death scene, but really, it was just irritating and cringe-inducing").

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 04:05:17 PM »
y'know, I could be wrong, but I think it was intentional

If it was, it was badly timed and fit poorly with the rest of the movie. I can see it if the rest of the movie was tongue-in-cheek, perhaps. But since this was supposed to be a movie that was trying to disturb and scare you, it doesn't jive with the rest of the film.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »
The best moment of this film is when the other guy fakes being dead after smoking.

It's hilariously bad.

No.

Really? You really are defending that scene?

What was wrong with it?

How about you tell me what was right with it? It was supposed to be comic relief and it was so over the top that it was just tiresome and off-putting. It was like a little kid trying to act.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
Let me take a crack at this:

Oh, and it sucks. Elwes' performance in the last twenty minutes of the movie is astonishingly bad.

Wrong.
Was too.
The best moment of this film is when the other guy fakes being dead after smoking.

It's hilariously bad.

No.
Yes it was.

God what a turd this film was!  It thought it was so very clever, twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, but really it was just a piece of crap with a franchise-able bad guy.

No.
Was too!

I hadn't seen the movie before the Rifftrax and it was horrible.  Not horribly violent, just horrible.  Between the bad acting, the fact that everyone from the killer down had to be a complete moron for the plot to work, and the complete waste of what could have been a cool premise.  The movie has moments where it seems to be building to something clever and then it fakes out by being completely stupid.

No.
Did too!

Wow, this was a really stupid movie.

Wrong.
Yes, it was.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »

I think you got it Pak!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »

Oh, and it sucks. Elwes' performance in the last twenty minutes of the movie is astonishingly bad.

Wrong.
Was too.

It's hilariously bad.

No.
Yes it was.

God what a turd this film was!  It thought it was so very clever, twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, but really it was just a piece of crap with a franchise-able bad guy.

No.
Was too!

I hadn't seen the movie before the Rifftrax and it was horrible.  Not horribly violent, just horrible.  Between the bad acting, the fact that everyone from the killer down had to be a complete moron for the plot to work, and the complete waste of what could have been a cool premise.  The movie has moments where it seems to be building to something clever and then it fakes out by being completely stupid.

No.
Did too!

Wrong.
Yes, it was.

Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 04:56:58 AM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

What was wrong with it?

You mean other than the fact that for the sake of a "twist" the audience has to accept that a man laid face down on cold concrete for eight hours in front of two witnesses one of whom was a doctor while they are making as many shocks and loud noises as possible and not give the slightest sign that he's alive?  Well nothing, then.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44:02 AM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

What was wrong with it?

You mean other than the fact that for the sake of a "twist" the audience has to accept that a man laid face down on cold concrete for eight hours in front of two witnesses one of whom was a doctor while they are making as many shocks and loud noises as possible and not give the slightest sign that he's alive?  Well nothing, then.

To be fair, it was stated in the third movie that he doped himself up and was actually out for the duration of the film.  But not unlike the jigsaw puzzle piece thing which was never heard of again, this totally undoes the whole "he likes a front row to his own sick game" thing since he couldn't watch what with him being unconscious and all.  So yeah. 

I enjoy the movie, but the suspension of disbelief is a pretty flimsy.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »

To be fair, it was stated in the third movie that he doped himself up and was actually out for the duration of the film.  But not unlike the jigsaw puzzle piece thing which was never heard of again, this totally undoes the whole "he likes a front row to his own sick game" thing since he couldn't watch what with him being unconscious and all.  So yeah. 

I enjoy the movie, but the suspension of disbelief is a pretty flimsy.

He could have used a paralyzing agent. That would have allowed him to be conscious but immobile, allowing Jigsaw to at least be aware of what is going on.

And I'm looking forward to Saw V - Assignment Miami Beach.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
it's so weird you say that 'cause y'know who's in Saw V, Julie Benz
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 09:01:48 AM »

Wrong.

It's hilariously bad.

No.

No.

No.

Wrong.

We have a celebrity on the forum...

Tobin Bell, ladies and gentlemen!  :clap:

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

What was wrong with it?

How about you tell me what was right with it? It was supposed to be comic relief and it was so over the top that it was just tiresome and off-putting. It was like a little kid trying to act.

It would have been better if he had just clutched his chest and yelled, "I'M COMING TO JOIN YOU, ELIZABETH!"

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 11:01:03 AM »

It's hilariously bad.

No.

What was wrong with it?

Was it supposed to be comic relief?

You mean other than the fact that for the sake of a "twist" the audience has to accept that a man laid face down on cold concrete for eight hours in front of two witnesses one of whom was a doctor while they are making as many shocks and loud noises as possible and not give the slightest sign that he's alive?

Is it not impossible to assume that he could have done it?
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:54 AM »
Isaac, I gotta say, you are the master of the non-comeback. Responses like "No" and "Wrong" or just positing a question is not the same as backing up your opinion.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:28 AM »
But just asserting something makes it undeniably fact!