Author Topic: Sawts?  (Read 25737 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: Sawts?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »
Between the bad acting, the fact that everyone from the killer down had to be a complete moron for the plot to work, and the complete waste of what could have been a cool premise.  The movie has moments where it seems to be building to something clever and then it fakes out by being completely stupid.

Well put! That about sums it up. Great idea, bad execution.

Oh, and flashbacks to 2 minutes prior are always good. I had completely forgotten that "there are rules".  ::)

EXCELLENT rifftrax. One of my faves so far.  :clap:

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »
Someone actually likes any of the saw? And out of all possible ones to like, the first one is one of them? It was made in under a month, and even the creators of it said it sucked.

I like them in the "they are so bad they are good" way..  Saw had me laughing in my seat the whole time. Before there was a RiffTrax for it...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
Yeah Saw is one of those movies that is really bad and stupid, yet still enjoyable. I love to watch real crap horror (like Troll 2 or Silent Night, Deadly Night  and just laugh my ass off..)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2008, 08:47:55 AM »
Watched this one a couple nights ago.

Really enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace from all the 2 and a half hour blockbusters. I also like that Rifftrax presents seems to be focusing on slightly older films. Kevin and Bill were in fine form for this extremely riffable movie. I laughed throughout this extremely strange film. I had seen it when it first came out but after watching the rifftrax version my opinion of the movie went down several notches. Highlights for me were all the comments on how grimy-looking every set in the film looks (it reminded me off one of my favorite riffs in MST from the Undead...'Dirty flithy walls, a short lived design fad) and the scene with the head-gear woman. The riffing in that scene was great.

Lots of good riffs and lots of good fun. Would like to see them tackle more grim, depressing, joyless, stupid, grimy stuff like this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:49:45 AM by dangfish »

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »
Someone actually likes any of the saw? And out of all possible ones to like, the first one is one of them? It was made in under a month, and even the creators of it said it sucked.

I like them in the "they are so bad they are good" way..  Saw had me laughing in my seat the whole time. Before there was a RiffTrax for it...

Yeah.  Well, I enjoy the second and fourth movies the most, actually.  Saw III was just the guy from Braveheart blundering around for 90 minutes being stupid and fat.  That one kind of sucked.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »

Yeah.  Well, I enjoy the second and fourth movies the most, actually.  Saw III was just the guy from Braveheart blundering around for 90 minutes being stupid and fat.  That one kind of sucked.

Well, I freely admit that I I actually enjoyed the first Saw film when I saw it in the cinema. I thought it was a bit different from other horror films and kept me guessing. As I said already, however, it did not hold up well. After watching the film again I would have to give it a thumbs down. I would like to think that I would have had the same opinion without watching Kevin and Bill tear it apart. Then again, if they hadn't done a riff of it, I never would've watched it again anyway.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:54 AM »

I'm not ashamed to admit I love them all.  And no they didn't. 

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

I'm not ashamed to admit I love them all.  And no they didn't. 

honestly, I don't understand why anyone should be ashamed for liking a movie
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 10:26:48 AM »

I like the first one (though bad acting always makes my teeth crawl - I'm glaring at you, eyes brimming with hatred, Leigh Whannell), love the second one, didn't care for the third one, and haven't seen the fourth one yet. I may rent that  this weekend; I've been on a real horror kick lately.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »
I'm a sucker for horror films, so I can forgive a LOT of bad acting in them.    I liked the first Saw, but did not see any of the others.

The Rifftrax for Saw was very funny.    They should do more horror movies.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
I'm a sucker for horror films, so I can forgive a LOT of bad acting in them.    I liked the first Saw, but did not see any of the others.

The Rifftrax for Saw was very funny.    They should do more horror movies.

I agree.  I know Gammer would disagree, but I think there's a lot of riffing potential with these horror films.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
I, for one, would love to watch a riff of Cannibal Holocaust.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »

maybe we're the real cannibals
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »

maybe we're the real cannibals

Nah. The people in the movie are, at least that's what the courts tried to prove. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some ribs on the grill that I have to tuck into. Belonged to a cute little thing...

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »
This is the one and only Rifftrax I've ever tossed into File 13. I just can't find humor in this type of movie. I certainly enjoyed The Grudge and Halloween, so I know they have been successful in the past riffing on movies of this genre. But this pile of crap....how can anyone laugh while watching this turd? So sorry, Bill and Kevin, but this offering has been removed from my collection. Although I think you are both brave to have sat and watched this one in its entirety.

Now, time to hit he pause button and return to The Day After Tomorrow.  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:53:53 PM by CHF01 »