Author Topic: What have we learned?  (Read 20842 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: What have we learned?
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »
I don't know what is puzzling me more, that fact that Issac couldn't hear that bad accent or the fact that he seems to be taking it personally they everyone else on the planet did.

Most people didn't hear any "bad accents": That is, everyone who isn't imagining things.

::)

Edited because of pointlessness
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 01:59:03 PM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
Everything you know is wrong.
Up is down black is white and short is long.
And everything you used to think that was so important doesn't matter.
Just forget the words and sing along.
All you really need to know is
everything you know is wrooooooooong!
<a href="http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://tinyurl.com/5nx4dh</a>

Offline space_mutiny

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Dream busted
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
I learned my perception of what is right or wrong can be scattered to the four winds by a single movie.

Oh wait, that's what I learned from "Glitter".
Oh bite me, it's fun!

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
Up is down black is white and short is long.
And everything you used to think that was so important doesn't matter.
Just forget the words and sing along.
All you really need to know is
everything you know is wrooooooooong!

;D
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »
On timeout

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2008, 11:59:44 PM »
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »
couldn't he just break his foot and slip it out of the chain?!

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
If you're going to have two characters that spend a large portion of the movie yelling at each other emotionally, maybe it's best to NOT cast a Brit and a Aussie, neither of whom are all that adept at an American accent.

And bonus, what we DIDN'T learn: so this has troubled me for some time, but so okay, if Jigsaw's whole game is that he makes people fight for their survival, then what of the dude with the opiate overdose who had no point but to lay there and have Shawnee sort through his organs?  How was he supposed to save himself?  Oh Jigsaw, you with your ambiguous morals and chic boxer shorts.

If someone else has responded to this, I apologize for doubling up, but I just meant to glance in here, saw this, was frustrated, and didn't want to spend a lot of time looking through 6 pages to see if it'd already been answered.

Though I loved the riff, I actually found Saw entertaining, and the problem you're talking about here was my roommate's biggest problem with the movie, too, and I thought the answer to this was obvious.

1. if you want to go for the tamer, more sensible answer, it's this: think about ... uh ... the guy who's not cary elwes (don't remember the names) in the room. at the end of the movie, he's 'failed' by jigsaw's rules yet is still alive. so why isn't it conceivable the guy whose guts the chick had to go through didn't also 'fail' at an earlier trial that left him still alive and a possible key-hider?

2. Since we see from Saw 2 that he's just left to rot there anyway, that's probably not the answer, so let's go for the more cynical but more realistic answer. Everyone, oddly, seems to misinterpret Jigsaw's intentions. He says (and I'm probably paraphrasing here) 'i grew tired of seeing those around me wasting their lives.' he kind of HINTS he's trying to give people redemption or a chance to appreciate their lives, but that's not it at all. he's a twisted serial killer who gets off on murdering people & giving it some slight sense of justification. anything that doesn't make 100% sense or follow fair play he's going to justify b/c he's friggin nuts and really just wants to watch people squirm.

So, uh, having said that, did anyone else totally think this is how Arcade should be handled in the Ultimate X-Men? Just a thought.
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
I learned that clock surgeons come in handy.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »
That's what I was wondering about.  On that lock you would only have to cut off one end, but if you cut the chain you have to go through two ends.  Idiots.  Plus the lock is smaller than the chain.

Yup, this is a way old topic, but I just saw Saw (riffed) for the first time last night...

Even the cheapest padlock has a case hardened shackle, which is extremely difficult to get a bite on with a hand hacksaw (if you could get the cut started it wouldn't be so bad the rest of the way).  Chains are typically mild steel which the saw can bite into.  I don't know about the pipe or whatever fixture the chains were attached to, might have to take a second look as I was interested in this plot point as well.

If the hack saw blade was new/sharp and made for metal, one could have gone through standard chain easily if careful.  A real blade would not have snapped in half the way that Adam's did; that was rigged to break as indicated in the commentary track -- just not rigged realistically  :)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
With all of the flashbacks in this movie, it could've been called "Already SAW It".

budum tish?