login

Author Topic: Any chance of getting one for the unrated release?  (Read 10698 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Any chance of getting one for the unrated release?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »
Check out your local used book/DVD stores.

You got that right:

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 02:39:00 AM »
So is anyone else sick of the "Unrated" versions of films that just add a few seconds of not particularly special stuff so they can charge five more dollars for the "special" unrated version?  It's become an ugly scam...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
So is anyone else sick of the "Unrated" versions of films that just add a few seconds of not particularly special stuff so they can charge five more dollars for the "special" unrated version?  It's become an ugly scam...

I know I am.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »
And when they don't have any footage to dump into the film, they release a bare-bones DVD, wait a few weeks, then turn around and put on a "making of" short and call it a "Special Edition"
They've got their con down pat.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
the best is when they release the crappy first dvd with "collectible covers!"  so you have to buy 4 versions of the crappy dvd then off course tyou gotta buy the special edition when it comes out in four months
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
I'm sick of it as well.

And yes, Mr.Torso, I was thinking of you when I said that.  It's an awesome display! :clap:
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline drzdo

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »
I definitely need to agree. Most hard core movie fans are not going to be buying theatrical releases and rated releases when a director's cut or unrated version exists. I was thinking about making this post yesterday and then they announce The Two Towers also is a theatrical release. No true fan is going to own the theatrical Lord of the Rings set. I would really recommend to start considering using the unrated and extended cuts. Is it to be more family friendly? I mean with Saw how could it be? Now I gotta go find where the differences are between Saw theatrical and unrated.

I hope most hardcore movie fans don't own a copy of Saw at all.  I suppose it takes all kinds of hardcore movie fans to fill the freeway.

But whatever.  Yes, I wish the MOST COMMONLY AVAILABLE version was riffed.  I can't find the theatrical version available to rent.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Folks, I watched it using the Unrated version. There wasn't any more drift than usual. I think I had to pause the DVD for a second at one point but that was the extent of the problem for me.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
I have the unrated edition, and the fact that this wasn't for it didn't occur to me until after I was finished. I did experience some drift (and had to pause/unpause/pause them both and drag them into place a couple times), but nothing I couldn't fix after a few seconds editing. Still, I'll dig up a regular-edition (I think I saw a pile of them at the store the other day) and see if that's any better. Of course, I'm new to this whole process, so it may just be me.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »
I definitely need to agree. Most hard core movie fans are not going to be buying theatrical releases and rated releases when a director's cut or unrated version exists. I was thinking about making this post yesterday and then they announce The Two Towers also is a theatrical release. No true fan is going to own the theatrical Lord of the Rings set. I would really recommend to start considering using the unrated and extended cuts. Is it to be more family friendly? I mean with Saw how could it be? Now I gotta go find where the differences are between Saw theatrical and unrated.

I hope most hardcore movie fans don't own a copy of Saw at all.  I suppose it takes all kinds of hardcore movie fans to fill the freeway.

But whatever.  Yes, I wish the MOST COMMONLY AVAILABLE version was riffed.  I can't find the theatrical version available to rent.

We riffed the version that is available on Netflix and amazon.com.  Like we do for every release. 

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
Check out your local used book/DVD stores.

You got that right:

So, does it work? Have you had anyone come up and ask about it, or whatever?

Nice work!
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »
I have had a few people talk to me about it. A bunch of the handouts have been taken too.

Offline hailxenu

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »
If you re-author, this site might help you (CAUTION - GRAPHIC STILLS):

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2176

Of course, this is European.  But it might give you an idea of where to insert additional space in the riff.  The only downside is that it doesn't track inserted footage.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:03:50 PM by hailxenu »

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
As I mentioned in another post, I finally was able to reauthor this with the UNRATED version, but it took a lot of trial and error.  Also, there were I believe 2 or 3 riffs I had to delete because there were lines from the movie that were actually missing in the unrated release!  I had to delete the riffs that related to those lines.  I was using a Blu-Ray rip of the UNRATED release.  If anyone is looking to upgrade to hi-def and doesn't mind losing a couple riffs, let me know.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
Good news. Since I own the unrated version , I decided to not bother renting the rated version and just watched the Rifftrax using that. I didn't notice any more drift in the trax than usual. And having just done the Audacity/Rifftrax combine thing, the synch lines line up throughout the film. I had to add half a second in at one point as towards the middle, the movie audio gets a beat ahead of the Rifftrax, but that was it.  You shouldn't have any problems watching the Rifftrax with the unrated version.

Mine jumped out of synch, not even 3 minutes into the movie by at least a half a second.  I didn't bother trying to resynch the rest.  Maybe if you reauthor and can check the synch lines it'll be ok but I don't recommend trying it live.

Hmm mine did this too. The disc isn't labelled with any specific version info, it just says 'Saw'.