login

Author Topic: Now available!  (Read 13988 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Re: Now available!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
Here's their official word on the subject:

WEaT, TSAMD or other NVP2 videos found online
on: Today at 04:26:36 PM

All,

Recently there have been nearly a half dozen posts about or related to sites that are offering our episodes - one of which was a parody site. While we have no problem with person(s) doing parodies of our work, they have not been given authorization to use or include our video with their efforts.

In the event any of you run into similar sites, please send a moderator a PM about the issue. Please do not post the info in the forum itself.

Your understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated,
The Star Trek Phase 2 Production Team
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »

WEaT, TSAMD or other NVP2 videos found online
on: Today at 04:26:36 PM

All,

Recently there have been nearly a half dozen posts about or related to sites that are offering our episodes - one of which was a parody site. While we have no problem with person(s) doing parodies of our work, they have not been given authorization to use or include our video with their efforts.

In the event any of you run into similar sites, please send a moderator a PM about the issue. Please do not post the info in the forum itself.

Your understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated,
The Star Trek Phase 2 Production Team

W :o W!

Offline Matt B

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 3
    • The Stephen Ratliff Misting Archive
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
LOL! Oh Stephen Ratliff...I wonder where he is now?

He's still out there, writing from time to time.  Still getting riffed too.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »
I almost want to join their forum just so I can add "convicted pirate" to my resume.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 10:43:22 PM »
I'll never understand why some people feel compelled to make fan productions, or fan fiction for that matter

I've written fan fiction and for me there were two reasons:

1) Built in audience.  When you post your fan fiction at a message board devoted to that topic, you're assured of getting a dozen people to actually READ your work, which leads to feedback.  Writers crave readers (which are hard to get if you're unpublished) and we crave feedback even more.  The problem?  We can usually only get our family or friends to read our crap and their feedback is useless cuz they love us.  People we don't know on a message board are likely to be more honest.

2) Rage.  I wrote fan fic for Sliders because the producers fucked over that series so badly.  (it was mostly comedy stuff which savaged everything the producers starting doing wrong)  Writing this stuff was a way for me to exorcise my rage in a safe, amusing, healthy way.

Both good reasons.  I certainly understand the difficulty of getting people to read your writing, since I write myself.  There are plenty of good writing websites out there, I belong to Writing.com and it's pretty good.  The problem with sites like those is that everyone on there is a writer so they'd much rather have you read their stuff than read yours.  So you're kind of back to square one.  Isn't it that that the same problem with fan fiction, though?  Aren't all fan fiction readers fan fiction writers as well?  Personally, I recommend trying to write something original and then try to get it published.  I've been published in a couple on a couple of fiction websites.  Not exactly The New Yorker, but when someone likes your writing enough to pay you real world money for it, it's a real feeling of accomplishment.

Offline SabreMau

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 05:09:01 AM »
I suppose it might depend on how it was presented to them. "It's a Rifftrax of your episode," or "There's some site charging money to download your episode!"

Likely worst-case scenario, Rifftrax has to switch to mp3-only version, and they demand that the link to the original episode on the original site be presented so that they get people to come to the source and (perhaps) look around at their other stuff while they're over there.

Offline kel4876

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »
Well, let me make an admission here: At some point, my brain started tuning out the riffing and instead  concentrating on the plot. Sorry Kev and Bill.  But   the riffs that permeated my thick skull were pretty funny.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start building a replica of the STNG bridge in my living room. My dream of a filmed riffing of "Time Speeder" will come to fruition. Oh yes. It will. Heh, heh, heh...

That was the one where Wesley Crusher got together with Chelsea Clinton right?

I have fond memories of reading Ratliff mstings.  Who could forget "Ensign Throwaway"?  Good times.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
Wow...and I thought Voyager was bad.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
I've always wondered how many actors ever made up a system for themselves as suggested in "Galaxy Quest" as opposed to those who just pushed random buttons on their shiny control systems. Very few fans will ever notice but I have always wondered and never really observed which they use.

Based on Klingon Academy, the last Star Trek sim I ever bought, I have to assume that I can fly any ship with my computer joystick handling firing, speed, and steering wether its a glorified shuttle or a battleship.
Member, ICWXP Info Club