login

Author Topic: (clap) Really good  (Read 10070 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: (clap) Really good
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
I know it had issues, but the love of what they were doing came through to me.   Still very riff worthy of course!

Offline Queen Shadowrama

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »
Well, after finishing it, I gotta say, I look forward to Bill and Kevin doing more stuff like this. Rifftrax Presents has my approval!  ;D

And much to my surprise, I was actually, y'know...moved at the end of it. Sulu's daughter actually learned how to act at the very last minute when they were saying their goodbyes. That impressed me a bit. But she also was at an advantage because she was playing and original character, and wasn't bogged down with the requirement to have a familiar personality like the other actors were.

I think the episode could be exponentially better if the cast stops treating Star Trek with such reverence and loosen up a bit. Spock is not a stiff, emotionless being. He has personality, a sense of humor, and feelings, yet I felt the actor got too into the "I am Spock, Lord of Star Trek" mode and forgot what it really means to be that character. But I guess that would be the job of a real actor to do.  :P

So yeah, I would urge them to have a bit more fun with it.

Coming soon to an iRiff near you.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 08:34:07 PM »
As much as this pains me to say, the guy playing Chekov really captured his voice and facial mannerisms. But I dare you to look at him while he's not saying a line. Holy cow is he bad when he's in the background.