Author Topic: star trek phase2 reception  (Read 25223 times)

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Re: star trek phase2 reception
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
I like Koenig for his work in Babylon 5. I kind of want to go to their forums and get lynched for that even before they declare me a pirate.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »
I like Koenig for his work in Babylon 5. I kind of want to go to their forums and get lynched for that even before they declare me a pirate.

Koenig was infinitely better in B5 then he ever was in Trek.  That's what I think of every time I think of that classic Futurama line.

"You can't let a TV show be your whole life.  Look at Walter Koenig, after Star Trek...he became an actor!"
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »
If you read the wikipedia page there has been like 10 actors from the show involved and a lot of other support in various ways.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 04:30:52 AM »
Well the severity of my banning has been increased, before I couldn't post or send private messages, now I can't even browse the forums, guess my ip has been banned or something.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 04:34:56 AM »
seriously FUNNIEST POTENTIAL LAWSUIT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  the funniest part is that if they sue you will probably be able to gett away with giving it for free since then you cant claim any profit on it lol.

MontyServo

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 05:44:49 AM »
the funniest part is that if they sue you will probably be able to gett away with giving it for free since then you cant claim any profit on it lol.

They would probably love it if Rifftrax were to host the unriffed movie files for anyone to download, as they do not offer any sort of direct download of the files citing bandwidth issues.  They only have a few links to some streaming versions, and a smattering of torrent links which has to be considered spotty at best.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »
Well the severity of my banning has been increased, before I couldn't post or send private messages, now I can't even browse the forums, guess my ip has been banned or something.

The won't even let me in. I registered two days ago and have never got an approval.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »
It's going to piss me off if rifftrax gets scared next week and doesn't offer the already synced up video because of all this.  But I have faith in the balls of rifftrax.  From what I've seen so far they have a pretty good set of brass balls.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline plinstrot

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »
On the Phase II forum, they state that "The people responsible are being contacted".  While this may sound funny, you have to understand that the people who create these episodes have put in thousands of dollars and hours to do this for the love of it.  The only reason they are allowed to make these is because they have a specific agreement that says money can not be made by their efforts.  If Paramount finds out about this, they could revoke their deal with Phase II and shut down the productions, jeopardizing what has taken New Voyages years to accomplish.

While Phase II makes no money from their productions, they still own the content they have put so much work into making.  Rifftrax including the World Enough and Time episode in the purchase is the same as including the copyrighted video of any other movie or episode they sell.  That legally can not do it.

I am in no way a part of the Phase II crew nor am I a Star Trek fan.  But I have been following their productions due to my interest in independent television.  If you don't like their episodes, don't watch them.  Feel free to riff on them all you want.  But it is not okay to put at risk all that these people have created by violating their copyright.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
It's going to piss me off if rifftrax gets scared next week and doesn't offer the already synced up video because of all this.  But I have faith in the balls of rifftrax.  From what I've seen so far they have a pretty good set of brass balls.

You had me at  "balls"
On timeout

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »
Hopefully, this can all be handled like adults. Perhaps some compromise can be reached where Riftrax can provide the unriffed version of the episodes in Divx format, along with an MP3 of the audio from the episode with the Rifftrax mixed into it, and instructions on how we can Mux the audio into the video file ourselves. Might not be the ideal solution, but it might work.

In any event, I hope that Star Trek:Phase II fans that come here to post are treated with more respect than Rifftrax fans have received on the ST:P2 boards.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »
Hopefully, this can all be handled like adults. Perhaps some compromise can be reached where Riftrax can provide the unriffed version of the episodes in Divx format, along with an MP3 of the audio from the episode with the Rifftrax mixed into it, and instructions on how we can Mux the audio into the video file ourselves. Might not be the ideal solution, but it might work.

In any event, I hope that Star Trek:Phase II fans that come here to post are treated with more respect than Rifftrax fans have received on the ST:P2 boards.

Why bother with all that.  Fuck em if they can't take a joke.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
Yeah!
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
How could you possibly love Star Trek that much that you lose your sense of humor?
I like Star Trek.  I read the frackin' books even.  But these guys are nuts.
On timeout

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the problem ST:NV fans are having is with the Riffs themselves. They're just worried that this will upset Paramount, and make them change their mind about letting Crawley and Company continue making these episodes.