login

Author Topic: What source?  (Read 5908 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
What source?
« on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
I like to roll my own syncs and audio ducking so once again thanks for the separate MP3 and sync lines.

Is there an actual MPEG2 source file around or did you guys use the MP4? That is all I can find to download. The older ones have DVD ISOs and what not but I could only find the MP4.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: What source?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »
Yeah it should line up with the mp4 or potentially one of those DVDs... if you have trouble syncing let us know.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
I like to roll my own syncs and audio ducking so once again thanks for the separate MP3 and sync lines.

Is there an actual MPEG2 source file around or did you guys use the MP4? That is all I can find to download. The older ones have DVD ISOs and what not but I could only find the MP4.

There is no MPEG2 source for this one. Just the MP4 file. Thats the one I am going to use for my reauthor.
I had to obtain a special codec to decode the video with TMPGEnc.

That MP4 is in 16:9 format though, and looks like maintaining it for the reauthor should be doable.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:01 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to offer thanks to all of you guys who go this extra mile for us.  You could just slap out one type of file and be done with it and most of us would still buy it but you put in the extra hours and it's appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:30:51 PM by ShadowDog »
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:04:35 PM »
FYI, for those who are thinking about re-authoring this:

- I just converted the MP4 file toMPEG2 using TMPGEnc and the audio sycs perfectly...no issues at all.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »
What about To Serve All My Days? Does that have a single file? Everywhere I can see it's split up into multiple files, which will be difficult for syncing/reauthoring.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
What about To Serve All My Days? Does that have a single file? Everywhere I can see it's split up into multiple files, which will be difficult for syncing/reauthoring.

There is a 2.6gb DVD iso on one of the torrent trackers.

http://newvoyages.us:1701/index.html?sort=1

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 04:35:36 AM »
I didn't read their FAQ's on the New Voyages site, but is this something that they would like us to upload a torrent for.  I mean, if one of us had the .ISO all fixed up and looking nice would it be encouraged for us to upload it so others could partake?
On timeout

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
I believe their official torrent tracker(s) don't allow uploading of files. Only the moderators can add new torrents. You could offer, but I'm sure they've had a ton of offers for an unofficial DVD for WEAT, but I think they may be waiting to see if there's an official DVD on it's way. I think an official DVD for "To Serve All My Days" is in the works, as they recently made an alternate version of the episodes called something like "A Night In 1969".

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »
I haven't had time to go through most of their forum yet but there is thread that that says due to bootlegging and people selling the DVDs at conventions they were not going to make DVD ISOs anymore.

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:27:58 AM »
I can understand that. But I don't think it'll deter any bootleggers. It'll just make their job infinitesimally harder, as they'll have to author their own. They may even add some of the behind the scenes videos and news clips from the web site, and claim it's a "Special Edition".

I haven't been on their fourms in a while. I just tend to go there when there's a new release coming up, just to see the status of it.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
For re-authoring purposes the unofficial DVD of the next one is going to suck to use too. It was authored as each part a separate title. It can be done it is just going to be some work.

Offline Isaac S.

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
  • The Gun Alarm Clock: You Snooze, You Lose.
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
For re-authoring purposes the unofficial DVD of the next one is going to suck to use too. It was authored as each part a separate title. It can be done it is just going to be some work.

Wow, that's annoying.  I suppose it's not too much different than combining the two sides of the Two Towers disc, though.  Except you have to do it more than once.  Lame.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »

I hope the Rifftrax for To Server All My Days is in separate mp3s for each act (in one zip file), since that's the only way you can download it without using torrents.

I've had no luck working with the original .mov files as far as merging them or even viewing them in anything other than Quicktime, and several conversion attempts crashed, Super seems to have converted them to AVI successfully (but I can't bear to sit through all the acts again to fully test).   It may take a little longer but with the problems with the source material it will probably be easier to sync up each act and then make a DVD.

Update:  Using Super did work, after converting the MOV files to AVI I was able to combine them using NeroVision.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:26:39 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »
There is no MPEG2 source for this one. Just the MP4 file. Thats the one I am going to use for my reauthor.
I had to obtain a special codec to decode the video with TMPGEnc.

gammer, what codec is that?  DVD Flick isn't giving me the results I want, so I'd like to see if TMPGEnc can do any better.