0 (0%)
Laura Rosslin
1 (6.7%)
Lee Adama
0 (0%)
Someone Else
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica: The Final Cylon  (Read 4542 times)

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Final Cylon
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
Are you saying Richard Hatch isn't cute? How dare you sir.

Offline Flopsy T. Hamster

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
I think it's Doc Cottle. When Number 3 saw the image of the final Cylon, she said "I'm sorry". She could be apologizing for berating him on New Caprica when he was operating on some injured Cylons.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
I remember that podcast too, they even joked about what horrible disease he might have died of off camera if I remember right.  Can't remember what they said it was though.   ;D

I don't remember if they mentioned a specific disease, I do remember them joking about killing him off, but couldn't do it on camera or the network would object.  I know there are transcripts of all the podcast somewhere, I've seen people mention them while looking for info on when the latest podcast will be posted.

Funny how current technology points out flaws in the original show, created before computer hackers and viruses, there's no way they would make a robot pet daggot in the current show.

Are you talking about the podcast commentaries?  That's what I'm referencing, and luckily they're on the dvds, so if I get around to it I can check through them.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »
Yes. If I remember, it's towards the end of season 1, and it's one of the very few commentaries he does with David Eick.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
Just searched through the transcripts for the online podcasts, and only found one reference to Boxey and that was for Hero in season 3.  Moore says the ship they send Bulldog to is the same one they sent Boxey to.

I think there are podcasts on the season 1 DVDs that were never online, must be one of them since I also remember them talking about "the kid" and that he didn't belong on the battlestar.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 07:03:32 PM »
There's a net theory floating around the Earth is the resurrection hub for the Final Five.  Which explains why Kara ended up at Earth after she died.  What do you guys think?

Doubtful.  they make a pretty big deal out of the fact that Cylons have to be fairly close to a resurrection ship in order for them to download back to it.  That theory would imply that they were close to Earth where Kara "died", and I don't think they were.

I guess anything is possible, but eventually, they better do a good job explaining the whole "Kara back from the dead with a brand new ship and no memory of being gone" thing.

the 12th cylon won't be kara, since they said the 'final' (12th) cylon, wasn't in the last supper style picture. but they didn't say she couldn't be the 13th cylon, with a superior resurrection range, and she IS hearing stuff like the final 4/5 cylons did (just nothing we're privy too yet apparently).

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »
I'd have to dig around some, but I could swear that Ron Moore swore that Kara was not a Cylon. I think that if either she, Roslin, or Baltar turned out to be a Cylon, it would weaken the show. All of them are too obvious (though, it would add a level of realism to their supernatural visions, which I'm not a fan of on principle).

Offline beavobeave

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 10:37:49 PM »
They're going to bring Shatner on the show as the 5th Cylon
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:48:49 PM by beavobeave »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 06:26:26 AM »
I'd have to dig around some, but I could swear that Ron Moore swore that Kara was not a Cylon. I think that if either she, Roslin, or Baltar turned out to be a Cylon, it would weaken the show. All of them are too obvious (though, it would add a level of realism to their supernatural visions, which I'm not a fan of on principle).

The only characters I remember him talking about specifically were Adama and Roslyn, when they were deciding who were the final 5 they thought it would hurt the show if those 2 were cylons.   

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »
I remember that as well.

Maybe Brother Cavill will be leading his half of the Cylon Civil War when he pulls a strange tetris-block shaped instrument out of his robe, screams something about Gooshie, and then Sam will leap in as the final Cylon.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:41 PM »
Speaking of Brother Cavil, am I the only one who enjoys watching him die over and over again?  I hate that douche!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 05:55:41 AM »
Speaking of Brother Cavil, am I the only one who enjoys watching him die over and over again?  I hate that douche!

They have done an excellent job in making him the absolute most hateable Cylon on the show, haven't they?  I think at this point even Dean Stockwell goes home and enjoys watching Cavil die on screen.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 08:00:44 AM »
They have done an excellent job in making him the absolute most hateable Cylon on the show, haven't they?  I think at this point even Dean Stockwell goes home and enjoys watching Cavil die on screen.

He seems to represent "the system", each of the other cylons we have gotten to know are examples of personal traits, but Cavil seems to represent society or government.  Follow the rules or else you'll get boxed, or lobotomized, or killed....

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
That's a good point.  In fact, a few eps back when he was pretending to bow to their will just so he could set up an ambush I never bought it because I knew he was an inflexible douche.  Too bad the revolting Cylons were a little more naive.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »
Cavill is AWESOME! I love him! Yeah, it's fun to watch him get blown away, but he's such a great antagonist. I want more Cavill. In fact, fire everyone else from the show and just make it The Brother Cavill Variety Hour!

Well, okay, maybe not that last bit...