0 (0%)
Laura Rosslin
1 (6.7%)
Lee Adama
0 (0%)
Someone Else
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica: The Final Cylon  (Read 4713 times)

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
Battlestar Galactica: The Final Cylon
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »
I'm torn between Baltar and the President...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Final Cylon
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
I've heard it will be none of the principle actors...

I believe that's from Moore himself.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »
I've heard it will be none of the principle actors...

I believe that's from Moore himself.

I'm thinking this is correct.

One theory put forth on another message board is that all the people on Earth are the final cylon.  Seems like a bit of a stretch, but I think this type of thing is more along the lines of what will happen, rather than any of the main characters being the final cylon.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:14:14 PM by SmilinJackRoss »
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
I think it's going to end up being Cally.  But my crushing love for her might have something to do with that. :P
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline kr00t0n

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Because everybody loves a surprise
    • www.kr00t0n.com for mixes, videos and pictures
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:12:37 AM »
I think it's going to end up being Cally.  But my crushing love for her might have something to do with that. :P

That would make Nicky totally Cylon though, which I doubt would happen...

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:26:03 AM »
I saw this somewhere a year or so ago and thought it was amusing:
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 02:02:49 AM »
From what I read, the final Cylon is a character who is not in that Last Supper promo pic they did at the top of this season (http://pics.livejournal.com/disjecta/pic/00053wdw, which is a rather large image of it).

I'm sticking with my original guess... Tom Zarek. Making Richard Hatch a Cylon would make me so frakkin' happy. And it would lead to the unveiling of the final missing 13th Cylon (which I'm totally making up at this point, but it makes sense) -

In my version of BSG, he's the Cylon god (and actually, he was supposed to be; Ron Moore said that he wanted to hire Dirk at the end of season 1 to play god) and he comes out, chomping a huge cigar and grinning. And then he slaps some sense (and maturity) into Kara Thrace.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »
There's a net theory floating around the Earth is the resurrection hub for the Final Five.  Which explains why Kara ended up at Earth after she died.  What do you guys think?
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:17 PM »
There's a net theory floating around the Earth is the resurrection hub for the Final Five.  Which explains why Kara ended up at Earth after she died.  What do you guys think?

Doubtful.  they make a pretty big deal out of the fact that Cylons have to be fairly close to a resurrection ship in order for them to download back to it.  That theory would imply that they were close to Earth where Kara "died", and I don't think they were.

I guess anything is possible, but eventually, they better do a good job explaining the whole "Kara back from the dead with a brand new ship and no memory of being gone" thing.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 06:31:32 PM »
My theory, the final Cylon is Boxey.  He more or less disappeared after the miniseries, only popping up in a couple other episodes with no explanation as to where he went.  I think he's hiding in the Galactica very subtly manipulating everyone toward his goals, he's probably the one that was following the four newly awakened Cylons hiding in the walls and playing his "From the Watchtower" tape.

I started typing this as a joke, and somehow it ended up making more sense to me at the end.   ;D
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 08:03:35 PM »
My theory, the final Cylon is Boxey.  He more or less disappeared after the miniseries, only popping up in a couple other episodes with no explanation as to where he went.  I think he's hiding in the Galactica very subtly manipulating everyone toward his goals, he's probably the one that was following the four newly awakened Cylons hiding in the walls and playing his "From the Watchtower" tape.

You're close, the final cylon is:  MUFFY!

Anyway: Moore did give an explanation in one of the early podcasts, that the kid just didn't fit in with the edgier show they were trying to do, so they just stopped writing anything for him.

I'm also hoping it's Zarek.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:30:15 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »
The final cylon is Herbie, the misfit elf.

Think about it... it all makes sense.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 06:07:32 AM »

You're close, the final cylon is:  MUFFY!

Anyway: Moore did give an explanation in one of the early podcasts, that the kid just didn't fit in with the edgier show they were trying to do, so they just stopped writing anything for him.

I'm also hoping it's Zarek.

I remember that podcast too, they even joked about what horrible disease he might have died of off camera if I remember right.  Can't remember what they said it was though.   ;D
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 08:27:28 AM »
I remember that podcast too, they even joked about what horrible disease he might have died of off camera if I remember right.  Can't remember what they said it was though.   ;D

I don't remember if they mentioned a specific disease, I do remember them joking about killing him off, but couldn't do it on camera or the network would object.  I know there are transcripts of all the podcast somewhere, I've seen people mention them while looking for info on when the latest podcast will be posted.

Funny how current technology points out flaws in the original show, created before computer hackers and viruses, there's no way they would make a robot pet daggot in the current show.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:43 AM »
 :D

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.