Dragonheart
3 (3.9%)
The Car
0 (0%)
Daredevil
11 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: November 23, 2006, 03:52:15 AM

Author Topic: RIFFTRAX PLAYOFFS HEAT 4  (Read 5488 times)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
Re: RIFFTRAX PLAYOFFS HEAT 4
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »

Temple Of Doom is in the lead? I know this is an endless debate around here... but, i will never understand why people like it when good movies get riffed. I mean, ya' know... that's assuming you agree that Temple Of Doom is a good movie. Which is also debatable, i suppose~

-Rude

I guess it's the fine line of a movie being good enough that we'll watch the rifftrack but in some way still riffable. I don't have the proper words to express it, but I don't think a rifftrack of a very bad movie will work without full on film crew interaction including skits. In the end all you'd have is a bad movie with a commentary track. The closest example I can think of is when there was MST3K like show that would re-dub classic movies with comedy dialouge, but then it was cut down to 25 minutes so we could tolerate it. Even then it didn't work as well as mst3k because it was lacking something.

It was lacking the MST3K team of writers...
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 11:31:06 AM »
Vote YES on Dragon-Wagon Riffing! :^)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »
Vote YES on Dragon-Wagon Riffing! :^)

NO! You are not making me watch that thing again! EVER!!! Vote no to Double Dragon! I should never have to see that thing again after already seeing it twice (both times against my will).

Oh, and I voted for Tron. Awesomely riffable.