login

Author Topic: What about se7en?  (Read 4006 times)

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
Re: What about se7en?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:51 AM »
...The Mexican or Mr & Mrs Smith.

Mr & Mrs Smith is a great suggestion. this was as over the top as roadhouse. took itself wayyy to seriously, tried to be way too hip, GOOFY chemistry between pitt & jolie,popular movie so it's easily accessible, etc.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 09:40:29 AM »
No 12 Monkeys love? Would kill two birds with one stone: a Brad Pitt movie and another Willis movie.

Somewhere on the Internets I read this very long discourse on why 12 Monkeys was the most perfect time travel movie made (to date.) They picked apart all other time travel movies on that site, but 12 Monkeys only caused one small paradox. 
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »
No 12 Monkeys love? Would kill two birds with one stone: a Brad Pitt movie and another Willis movie.

Somewhere on the Internets I read this very long discourse on why 12 Monkeys was the most perfect time travel movie made (to date.) They picked apart all other time travel movies on that site, but 12 Monkeys only caused one small paradox. 

I'm almost sure you're talking about this site:
http://www.mjyoung.net/time/monkeys.html

I ran into the same site when trying to figure out Donnie Darko.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 10:18:50 AM »

Thanks a lot, david, now I'm gonna be stuck reading this rediculously engrossing website for hours and hours to come!!

:D

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

That site is good, but it takes too many liberties when analyzing a story.  The analysis on 12 Monkeys is inaccurate because it assumes an alterable timeline when the movie specifically states that time cannot be  changed.  He has an appendum that states that an unalterable timeline is impossible since it violates the grandfather paradox.  While the time theory used is flawed, the execution and adherence to it is quite startling.  I love the movie because it's an amazing accomplishment of writing and directing.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 339
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »
Se7en, no, can't see it. But 12 Monkeys, yeah that could be interesting. I like both, but I just don't think Se7en would be suitable.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 11:22:31 AM »
Seriously?  The origional is barely a movie.

Come on...the original was GREAT. It didn't have to be remade.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 01:09:20 AM »
Se7en, no, can't see it. But 12 Monkeys, yeah that could be interesting. I like both, but I just don't think Se7en would be suitable.
I can't picture it, but I don't regard Gilliam art design as cheesy. It might be riffable, but I know I couldn't do it.