Author Topic: PLAYOFFS NOMINATION THREAD  (Read 9237 times)

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
Re: PLAYOFFS NOMINATION THREAD
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »
   For my two cents worth, I'm picking three that just felt right to me as I read through the thread:
   Godzilla ('98)
   Jurassic Park
   Starship Troopers (not really excessive in its nudity)

Offline Toby Danger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »
Goldeneye
Highlander
I Robot

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 01:25:16 PM »
Got to put in my choices...

1) Wing Commander (just check out RottenTomatoes for the ratings on that turkey!)

2)Battle Beyond the Stars (George Peppard as a space cowboy?)

and finally

3)The Black Hole (when you have star power in the form of Ernest Borgnine, and you still can't make the movie exciting...)

Sorry , have to invoke the 'too hard to get' clause on Battle Beyond the Stars. Indeed I think it is prime material but it is out of print, not available on Amazon (directly, only used copies like ebay and WAY expensive at that) and of course not likely to be lying around in your local video store. I would love it since I already have a copy and all, but too obscure.
The Black Hole is more likely to be on video shelves, available from Amazon directly, and Disney related so it is likely to be on more shelves altogether.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 02:11:38 PM by JonnyFrag »
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »
Just a note that I changed one of my nominations from Jurassic Park to Highlander. I'd love to see Jurassic Park, but it has enough support already. I can't believe I forgot about Highlander... "Oy'm nawt Shpanish, Oy'm Ezhypshun."

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »
1: The Transformers - The Movie (Despite it being done already. Not by Mike and co of course, but it has been riffed at The Transformers BOTCON.)

2: Flash Gordon (4 pages in and this hasn't been suggested again?)

3: Hmm...difficult choice this, but I'm gonna have to go with... Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »
3: Hmm...difficult choice this, but I'm gonna have to go with... Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.

The Golan / Globus turkey?  A fine choice indeed.......the crappy green screen shots alone would make that Rifftrax a hoot.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »
Is the Quest for Peace the one with Richard Pryor?

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2006, 11:35:14 AM »
I think this movie is still readily available:

Zardoz

Sean Connery in a red diaper and little to no plot. Some nudity may nix this one however.
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »

No, Superman 4: The Quest For Peace has Superman battle a ridiculous nuclear-powered doppelganger created by Lex Luthor:

Offline jedi2187

• Schnappi Supporter
  • feets don't fail me now!
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 02:13:43 PM »

No, Superman 4: The Quest For Peace has Superman battle a ridiculous nuclear-powered doppelganger created by Lex Luthor:

By Odin's Beard, that flick needs to be riffed!
" LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. " -Roger Murdoch, Airplane!

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 03:07:58 PM »
NOMINATIONS ARE OVER

Actual Poll will be forthcoming, either tonight or sometime early morning (been a long day, gimmie a break)

Thanks to all who nominated and watch this space for the actual poll soon. Hopefully a mod will sticky it for me when it's up!

Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.