login

Author Topic: Thoughts / Favorite Lines  (Read 16941 times)

Offline Gadfly

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Re: Thoughts / Favorite Lines
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »
When I saw this at the theater with a couple of other people, I remarked then about how the zombies reminded me of Batboy.  They had no idea what I was referring to, being relatively stable mentally and of reasonable tastes (aside from going to see this film with me), so I had to dig it out of Wikipedia to show them.  So naturally I loved the Batboy reference in the rifftrax.

And BTW, did anybody find it interesting that Rifftrax is owned by LEGEND films, but no play on that name is made in the rifftrax commentary or in their promo verbiage for it at http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/i-am-legend where they go into lengths about *other* "legends" (e.g. "Let's not get into the contentious issue of exactly who is Legend. R&B singer John Legend thinks he is Legend; the Tom Cruise movie Legend think it is Legend...")  Or did they do so and I just missed it?

Gadfly

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
Kevin's "Yes, it's just me and the Turd Hammer for the Morning Nightmare...." speach after Will "Legend of Bagger" Smith attempts to broadcast a distress/assistance call across the AM band had me rolling.  Then Mike pauses for 6 seconds before incredulously repeating "Turd Hammer", which made it all the better.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »
I agree, that was great.

And that's interesting Gadfly.  I think you're right.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:56 AM »
"The Gravel administration is performing as expected . . ." Possible candidate for best obscure political riff ever.  :)
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 06:24:25 AM »
"And just in case there's chihuahuas . . ."

"Come on, he's a dead dog walking."

"This is exactly how I react when someone insists on talking to me about Ron Paul."
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Jackster

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »
You know what this topic needs?

Some good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDrbagYm24

Ben

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Some of the funniest quips were also the sickest, such as when Will Smith tried to scold his dog at dinnertime:

"There are starving people in Africa who would eat - !  Well, I guess that isn't really true anymore..."

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »
You know what this topic needs?

Some good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDrbagYm24

Every once in a while it pops into my head thanks to this movie...

and

"Thanks movie, for killing off the one character we could remotely care about"
*Really Quiet(found it while adjusting the volumes): Except that one Zombie Dog

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
when Will Smith asks the dog if he got him anything for his birthday and [i think] Kevin said something like "if the turd in your shoe counts" or something like that....

I also loved the Shrek 4: Shrek and Donkey Fart

Offline TD

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
When I saw this at the theater with a couple of other people, I remarked then about how the zombies reminded me of Batboy.  They had no idea what I was referring to, being relatively stable mentally and of reasonable tastes (aside from going to see this film with me), so I had to dig it out of Wikipedia to show them.  So naturally I loved the Batboy reference in the rifftrax.

Loved the Batboy reference as well as the Billy Corgan one, since I have long thought that Billy and Batboy looked a lot alike.