login

Author Topic: Possible 360 Price Drop  (Read 3822 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Possible 360 Price Drop
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
Yeah I bought one through amazon to save a couple of bucks.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

What the hell? The Elite 360 doesn't come with a WI-FI connection? Are you kidding me? Even the Nintendo Wii has a built-in WI-FI...

Lame.

-Rude
Strange, I thought they did. That sucks because the wireless adapters are expensive as hell.

There's a very simple solution to this.

1. Buy a $30-40 wireless router
2. Flash it with a hacked firmware that will make it act as a wireless bridge
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!

I haven't done it myself but there's guides online and it's pretty straightforward.

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »

What the hell? The Elite 360 doesn't come with a WI-FI connection? Are you kidding me? Even the Nintendo Wii has a built-in WI-FI...

Lame.

-Rude
Strange, I thought they did. That sucks because the wireless adapters are expensive as hell.

3. ???
4. PROFIT!!

I haven't done it myself but there's guides online and it's pretty straightforward.

Atleast the 360 has alot of detail for 3d boobies... Check and Mate

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »

Lame.

-Rude

3. ???
4. PROFIT!!

Atleast the 360 has alot of detail for 3d boobies... Check and Mate

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.... what?

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »
Price Drop, Round two:

Current rumors: The week of September 7, price drops on the non-60 gig models. Elite seems to be dropping to $400, & Arcade to $200.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »

Man... the 360 doesn't play nice with non-HD TVs, huh? It would've been nice to be able to read some of the text.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
You playing Dead Rising, Rude?

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »
Dead Rising pushed me to get my first HDTV. Lazyness pushed me to get my second HDTV

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

The regular ole' 360 menu screens have pushed me to get my first HDTV... hello world!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »

Question: Do i need to run my 360 through an HDMI cable in order for it to upscale regular DVDs to 1080p?

-Rude

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
I would imagine so, or that would at least help with the resolution. Here's some cables and for a pretty low price these one's work awesome. I have some at my house they have different lengths of that specific brand (Zonet).

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »

Cool. Thanks for the links... although, i'm pretty sure that the Elite comes with an HDMI cable. I was just a little confused because the 360 component cable has an attached switch that allows you to choose between HD and SD options. Apparently that's just fine for video games, but regular DVDs only upconvert when connected via HDMI... which is strange, but whatever.

-Rude

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »

Cool. Thanks for the links... although, i'm pretty sure that the Elite comes with an HDMI cable. I was just a little confused because the 360 component cable has an attached switch that allows you to choose between HD and SD options. Apparently that's just fine for video games, but regular DVDs only upconvert when connected via HDMI... which is strange, but whatever.

-Rude

You are correct on all accounts!
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »
Yeah, I bought these bad boys for a couple of bucks when my Xbox 360 purchase forced me to buy an HDTV (forced, I tell you!), and they work like a charm.  Now I can laugh smugly whenever I witness some chump spending 30 dollars on one at Best Buy.

Your Elite model does indeed come with an HDMI cable, but you'll need another one when you reach the next step in the component upgrade cascade.

By the way, the upscaled DVD output from the 360 looks fantastic; a thousand times better than my cheapo non-upscaling Philips player.  It's just a pity that the 360's DVD player sounds like an entire Marriott housekeeping staff vacuuming inside my head.