login

Author Topic: Sony News from Germany  (Read 689 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Sony News from Germany
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »
Okay, Sony just gave a news conference over in Leipzig. Most of the conference was a "Go, PAL, Go!" rah-rah session but there were a few things that came out of it.

* The rumored PSP 3000 is indeed on its way. It's like the PSP slim, but it has a better screen and a microphone. I guess Sony has decided that the PSP is a phone now in addition to a music & movie player. It'd be nice if they remembered about the "game player" part of the system.

*There's a 160 Gig PS3 on the way as well. Same features as the current 80 gig model (i.e. backwards compatibility via software.)

*And there's going to be a Turkish-centered Singstar game. I guess they're trying to corner the vital Turkish video game market. Sony! We're huge in Turkey!

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
Re: Sony News from Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
* The rumored PSP 3000 is indeed on its way. It's like the PSP slim, but it has a better screen and a microphone. I guess Sony has decided that the PSP is a phone now in addition to a music & movie player. It'd be nice if they remembered about the "game player" part of the system.
I'm waiting for a model that doesn't cost as much as regular system.  $250 is still pretty high for some a hand held system that came out 3 years ago.