Author Topic: Cloverfield  (Read 31018 times)

Offline GalvaTRION

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
  • Damn you, Bay.
Re: Cloverfield
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
Yeah, hopefully that's what's going on.  The Cloverfield producers would probably consider that part of their promotion because if nothing else they've gotten one more person to watch their hideously delightful movie than otherwise would have.

Fixed.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »
Then those 'Gays' will have to run for their lives, huh?
On timeout

Offline GalvaTRION

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Damn you, Bay.
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
Caboose. I'm going to hurt you.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
On timeout

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
Yeah, hopefully that's what's going on.  The Cloverfield producers would probably consider that part of their promotion because if nothing else they've gotten one more person to watch their hideously delightful movie than otherwise would have.

Fixed.

Why I outta ... <shakes fist>

But instead I'll give you the ultimate ammo to cast aside all of my movie opinions: I'm one of only three people on this planet who really really liked "Last Action Hero."
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
I really liked this, it's certainly not perfect or to everyone's taste (everyone I know who saw it in the cinema had one person in their session who stood up and said "that was shit" at the end) but I thought it was a great re-invention of the monster genre PLUS I loved the fact I often caught myself craning my neck to look around people onscreen or outside the frame.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:04:09 PM by ScottH »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline GalvaTRION

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Damn you, Bay.
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »

Fixed.

Why I outta ... <shakes fist>

What can I say, I gotta be me. (*gets naked, pops in a copy of Silence of the Lambs*)

But instead I'll give you the ultimate ammo to cast aside all of my movie opinions: I'm one of only three people on this planet who really really liked "Last Action Hero."

The thing that kills me about LAH is the missed opportunities. The bad guy has a ticket that he can use to pull bad guys from any movie- he threatens King Kong and Freddy Kruger- yet he does nothing with that power. There was a great groundwork, a great universe to play with, but a lot of missed opportunity. I'd have been happy if he pulled parodies of famous monsters out, or something. Thad' ha been cool.

I really liked this, it's certainly not perfect or to everyone's taste (everyone I know who saw it in the cinema had one person in their session who stood up and said "that was shit" at the end) but I thought it was a great re-invention of the monster genre PLUS I loved the fact I often caught myself craning my neck to look around people onscreen or outside the frame.

I'll telegraph you a high-five, sir.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »
up top!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline GalvaTRION

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Damn you, Bay.
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »
Down low!