5 (7.7%)
6 (9.2%)
4 (6.2%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Rank-a-Field  (Read 12990 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Rank-a-Field
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 05:52:06 AM »
Of all the weird things, this riff reminded me of Hulk Hogan.

My friends and I occasionally break into fits of mocking Hogan's speech patterns, where everyone he talks to is either brother, dude, or man.  Just shorten brother to bro for this riff and you got it.

I'll agree that this riff didn't have many huge "holy crap" laughing moments, but it was a very constant stream of funny, almost to the point of exhaustion.  I'll give it a solid 9 for that.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Gamera

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • VincentCalenzo.com
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »
so, anyone who's old or a nerd?

dude, something about that seems offensive

Sorry dude, now get off of my lawn!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
Rank it.

Huzzah for Insert Coin(s) to Continue!

Offline CLONUS

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 08:41:07 AM »
A unique combination of hilarity and nausea.  One of the better riffs.  Are the ones who didn't appreciate this one are 20 somethings who are part of the stereotype?  Dude, it was funny.

Offline mule22

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »
A unique combination of hilarity and nausea.  One of the better riffs.  Are the ones who didn't appreciate this one are 20 somethings who are part of the stereotype?  Dude, it was funny.

Negative, at least not for me.  I thought this movie was garbage to begin with, but I guess I was just expecting too much dude.
Now I have to go go go go go move move move move move.

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 06:19:49 PM »

Mind you I usually, ok always drink and other things whilst watching a witty w-riff, I just didnt think it was funny. Now I do remember getting very nauseous during this viewing(I didnt in theaters), which considering what I was doing besides drinking, makes me think this movie is worse on the small screen. I might not have even been the riffs fault, I just think it was the wrong type of movie. I try to think of other examples instead of blair witch, but basically movies like this and bwp, just arent the right kind of movies to riff.
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.

Offline excalibear

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
It had it's moments....but yeah I was kind of let down by this one. Still, it was better than 'The Grudge"
Excalibear

Um....that's all I have to say.....yeah.....ok bye

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:45 PM »
Rank it.

Huzzah for Insert Coin(s) to Continue!

Any chance of getting the I am Legend thread stickied? ... It just seam WAY easier to have a mod create these threads.

Anyway gave it a 9.5 (so rounded up to a 10)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »
I gave it an 8.

It had some incrediblely funny jokes, but it's not my favourite Rifftrax. I just didn't think it was the best fit for riffing.

The Blair Witch jokes were great.
FINE

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 08:21:52 AM »
Gave it an eight myself; maybe I just have a different sense of humor, but I had some BIG belly laughs from this one (which is apropos, since I have a big belly!)  Stuff like the "Feeding time at the Maxim Zoo" and "How do these people dress themselves?!" lines got me good and hard.

M@

Offline Waluigi

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 04:11:50 PM »
I gave it a 10!

I watched this movie for the first time with Rifftrax (thank God!), I would have died watching this unriffed. I crack up every time when Mike starts to cry (because he is happy) when Hud dies, because I was doing the same thing. This was the first movie that I have ever found myself cheering for the monster to kill ever main character in the film. This movie sucked big time, it is just hard to believe that there are so many die hard fans of this film.

Offline Almighty dF

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
Gave it a 10.
When they made the Tom Waits joke I spit soda everywhere, almost ruined my monitor.

Same thing happend with the Waits joke in Troll 2, oddly enough. Maybe they've stumbled onto the holy grail of comedy: Tom Waits.

Offline JoshTheater

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »
I actually LOVE this movie by itself, I loved it in theaters and thought it was extremely entertaining.

And I STILL give this Rifftrax a 10 because it was absolutely hysterical, probably my favorite Rifftrax so far.