Author Topic: Shorts DVD Covers  (Read 59911 times)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: Shorts DVD Covers
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »
Hey MrTorso, are you putting Signal 30 on your cover?  Cuz I don't have that one, and don't really know how to get it without having divx.  But considering it's only the first couple minutes of a longer short, I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.

Gammer has the whole clip in windows media player format on his site.   If you want it in another format anyway. 

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

I think I'll put it as a hidden easter egg on the DVD.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:10:44 AM by SmilinJackRoss »
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:23 AM »
I might have that  in a DVD compliant file  :o

If RiffTrax says its ok for me to give it out then you can re-author with it....better quality.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

Heh. Heh. Heh...

-Rude

Great minds think alike!   I also love how the one black kid has to stand.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 11:21:56 AM »
I just wish I were clever enough to use any of these in the front cover as I love the bored to death class room look and, well, these shorts surely bored a lot of classrooms in their day........   Then again, these look like the 30's and not the 50's.

Sigh, I hate when an idea smashes into a brick wall.

I'd like to try to use it as a menu background with the movie selection on the posters.  That would be an interesting challenge.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Janitor

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
Anyone know if theres a Signal 30 mp3 running around out there, just cause I'm annoyingly particular and I don't like the audio ducking.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
Anyone know if theres a Signal 30 mp3 running around out there, just cause I'm annoyingly particular and I don't like the audio ducking.

Nope...
It was only offered as a DRM DivX file (.divx)

p.s. do you not use audio ducking for the full length RiffTrax?

Janitor

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »

No I don't. And quite honestly, I've never experienced trouble hearing the guys over explosions, dragons, shrill actresses, lightsabers, photon torpedoes, William Shatners hairpiece, nazi trucks, creepy Japanese kids, Spartans proclaiming their profession, arm wrestling competitions, Chris Tuckers dress, sand people, douches "flaming on" or even Maria Carey.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »

No I don't. And quite honestly, I've never experienced trouble hearing the guys over explosions, dragons, shrill actresses, lightsabers, photon torpedoes, William Shatners hairpiece, nazi trucks, creepy Japanese kids, Spartans proclaiming their profession, arm wrestling competitions, Chris Tuckers dress, sand people, douches "flaming on" or even Maria Carey.

I believed you up until you said Mariah Carey.  ;)
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »
I don't use ducking on mine either.  I turn the riff up a little and I haven't had any problems so far.  I usually turn on the subtitles so I can catch what the actors are saying, in case they speak really softly. 

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »

I just find that during the quiet parts they are "yelling" at you.

BTW, they did use audio-ducking in MST3K episodes...but it was more of a 'leveling' type of ducking. It was more of turning down the loud parts of the movie so the overall average volume was the same.

Janitor

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

I just find that during the quiet parts they are "yelling" at you.

BTW, they did use audio-ducking in MST3K episodes...but it was more of a 'leveling' type of ducking. It was more of turning down the loud parts of the movie so the overall average volume was the same.

Well I think perhaps this is choice of Professional vs Amateur, because I downloaded the trial of DVD Pro Lab 2, and I couldn't make heads nor talis of it, and while I'm not an Authoring "spring chicken", that software taught me that I'm no Professional either.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 960
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 10:26:48 PM »

I just had a dark thought.....how many children in that photo are still alive?

I'm pretty sure that the second kid from the front on the far right side is Dave Thomas of SCTV...

Offline djzombi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 09:36:08 AM »
Mr. Torso - great work on all your covers!  I'm eagerly awaiting your shorts compilation cover    ;D

Hey, look - my first post!

-Dan
(long-time lurker)

"There's nothing but trouble and desire."

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
Mr. Torso - great work on all your covers!  I'm eagerly awaiting your shorts compilation cover    ;D

-Dan
(long-time lurker)

Thanks! I had a computer meltdown and had to build a new rig so I am slowly getting it up to speed. I hope to get caught up with my covers soon.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »

-Dan
(long-time lurker)

Ditto what he said......

signed, "A long time admirer...... in the Kathy Bates mode of fans".

Thanks! I had a computer meltdown and had to build a new rig so I am slowly getting it up to speed. I hope to get caught up with my covers soon.