Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 150247 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 244
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1575 on: September 10, 2018, 08:04:51 AM »
Space Mutiny on Netflix. I was in the minority who didn’t like this episode when I first saw it, but I guess it’s growing on me…
I have a list here of all the MST3k fans who don't like Space Mutiny:

;D ;D ;D I know that feeling though. As not-a-big-fan of Final Sacrifice, I can empathize.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 79
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1576 on: September 22, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
521 Santa Claus. This is my second-favorite Episode (it was my first until I saw 910 The Final Sacrifice). I watched it again with my Life Coach, who saw it for the first time. This movie is very, very weird and badly done, even for a Christmas movie, which is more I can say about 1113 The Christmas That Almost Wasn't.

Online wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #1577 on: September 26, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »
706 Laserblast
Hadn’t seen it in a while. My favorite episode. Always loved the beating into the ground of the “are you ready for some football” riffs but really great riffing throughout and I almost always catch a few riffs that I missed.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4513
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #1578 on: September 27, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
Though I'm glad it kept going, it would have been a good note to go out on and it gives Trace a really strong last episode.

"So there's a sign that just says Star Wars?"
"Reminding one of the movie Star Wars."

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #1579 on: October 04, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
Time of the Apes. Was definitely not as good as I remember it. Seemed like there was more potential for comedy, especially from the clipped nature of the train wreck it was, that was passed over on the same throwing poo gag.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1580 on: October 13, 2018, 07:05:34 AM »
617 The Sword And The Dragon. This was a pretty good episode for a Russo-Finnish movie. I'm just disappointed that the sword
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the dragon
Then again, those two reasons are probably why this movie was riffed by MST3K in the first place!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:29:30 PM by Iron Curtain »

Online wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #1581 on: October 13, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »
703 Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
Watched because I was reminded that on the current live tour they'll be doing Deathstalker 2 at some stops-not personally going to get to see a Deathstalker 2 show though.
The season 7 Deathstalker movie is actually the 3rd of a 4 movie series and is about as generic as a sword and sourcery movie can be which makes for some good riffing material. Enjoyed the Micheal McDonlad riffs and the terrible fight choreography.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:16:00 PM by wihogfan »

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #1582 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Watched because I was reminded that on the current live tour they'll be doing Deathstalker 2 at some stops-not personally going to get to see a Deathstalker 2 show though.
The season 7 Deathstalker movie is actually the 3rd of a 4 movie series and is about as generic as a sword and sourcery movie can be which makes for some good riffing material. Enjoyed the Micheal McDonlad riffs and the terrible fight choreography.

This is one of  my favorites. Easily a top 10 along with Outlaw (of Gor).

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1583 on: October 14, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »

I just saw 703 Deathstalker too. It was a good episode! A lot of times I laughed (when I wasn't feeling tired from the amazing comfort of my La-Z-Boy recliner)! Looking forward to seeing the sequel (or predecessor) tonight!

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 76
« Reply #1584 on: October 15, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »

Outlaw was a decent episode after you get past the first 10 minutes of the movie. To sum it up:

Online wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #1585 on: October 19, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »
0611 The Last of the Wild Horses
Standard by the numbers western saved by the host segments and host segment plot which resulted in some riffing by TV's Frank and Dr. F.
Wouldn't likely be sustainable for a season (nor would he likely agree to doing it), but Mike's evil Kirk inpersonation made me want to see him doing the exact same thing as the lead mad for an episode or two or three in a new season.