Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 151145 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 177
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1545 on: February 23, 2018, 06:41:34 PM »
Have more time than anything else these days as I search for work and have had episodes playing in the background via Pluto TV for a good 6 to 8 hours a day for the last 3 weeks. Have seen Crash of the Moons, The Beast of Yuca Flats, The Crawiling Eye, one of the Hercules movies (they all blend together to me) and the same 3 or 4 shorts numerous times now (I sometimes switch to the Rifftrax channel, but I don't think I ever want to see Sharnado 2, the Ice Cream Bunny, Dollar Gator, or ROTOR ever again). Starting tomorrow I'm thinking about starting MST3K episodes start to finish (skiiping the ones that have been repeating over and over again on Pluto TV).

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 90
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1546 on: February 25, 2018, 06:27:05 AM »
404 Teenagers From Outer Space. I thought the movie was quite good and would probably still be watchable even when unriffed. What is the deal with all these watchable movies on MST3K I seem to be watching?

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1547 on: February 26, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »
402 The Giant Gila Monster. This was mostly a boring movie, and the Gila Monster was just a normal-sized lizard put on a miniature set à la King Dinosaur. It really made me grateful for modern special effects technology that could make more believable giant monsters.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1548 on: March 02, 2018, 04:42:44 AM »
801 Revenge of the Creature. I watched the episode on YouTube in an MST3K playlist I created. YouTube usually saves your progress when watching videos, which was why I was surprised that I had to start from the beginning in every episode in my custom-made MST3K playlist. Since I didn’t want to watch what I already watched, I just skipped to the part whence I remember leaving off and then coming back to it.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1549 on: March 06, 2018, 05:00:35 AM »
Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster and then Godzilla vs. Megalon. I wanted to make sure I saw these before the death of Net Neutrality. I liked Megalon more because of the awesome fight sequence at the end. That being said, we got a cool host segment involving the twin singing girls and Mothra in The Sea Monster.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #1550 on: March 06, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
What does Net Neutrality have to do with you watching those movies?

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1551 on: March 06, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »
What does Net Neutrality have to do with you watching those movies?

I am unable to view them on youtube, and I fear that a non-neutral net means that I will stream them either slowly or not at all on the sites on which I can watch them.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1552 on: March 07, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »
Gamera vs. Barugon. Stupid movie, hilarious riffs. Hopefully the rest of the Gamera Quintology lives up to the first two…

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #1553 on: March 07, 2018, 07:09:45 PM »
Well, I don't think net neutrality has anything to do with the Godzilla movies not being on YouTube. That's more due to copyright law and no one having the rights to stream those episodes (in other words, where ever you were watching a stream of them was in violation of copyright law and was streaming the Godzilla episodes without legally having the right to stream them). That said, I'm a big advocate of net neutrality due to a lot of the things that an ISP could do without net neutality (like slowing Netflix and other legal streaming services to unwatchable levels or totally blocking them) and think current copyright law (at least in the U.S.) gives far too many protections for far too long of a time.

Back on topic- watched the first Gamera KTMA episode and it didn't hold my attention at all. Movie was boring and at that point in the KTMA run (episode 4) riffs were few and far between. Will have to watch the Comedy Central episode of the movie again soon for comparison.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:13:37 PM by wihogfan »

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1554 on: March 08, 2018, 05:15:19 AM »
watched the first Gamera KTMA episode and it didn't hold my attention at all. Movie was boring and at that point in the KTMA run (episode 4) riffs were few and far between. Will have to watch the Comedy Central episode of the movie again soon for comparison.

The Comedy Central episodes were excellent. Excellent Riffs, excellent movie (at least the first one). I was able to snag a Shout! Factory Gamera DVD set off ebay (I'm boycotting Amazon because I don't think Jeff Bezos should get any more money), and the episodes are some of the best MST3K episodes I've seen!

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1555 on: March 20, 2018, 07:21:02 AM »
Devil Fish.

This was a fun one, but it was neither one of my favorites nor one my least favorites. I also see they censored out the naughty bits in this one…

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #1556 on: April 04, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
312 Gamera vs. Guiron. Wow. This is seriously one of the most riffable movies I have ever seen. And there are a lot of good jokes in this one. The third season of MST3K is when the show really started to have classic episodes!

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #1557 on: April 07, 2018, 08:45:29 PM »
0620 Danger Death Ray
Forgot just how unbelievably bad the special effects in this movie were. Bad platics models that couldn't be mistaken for anything but bad plastic models- kind of made me nostalgic for building a plastic model kit- can you still still get those kits? Remember buying and building a lot of really cool Star Trek plastic models as a kid- the Romulan bird of prey was my favorite.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #1558 on: April 10, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »
The Human Duplicators (off Comet). I haven't rewatched too many MST3ks for a while since I'm still going through the rifftrax library, and the new MST3k, and the Cinematic Titanic set they just released off Amazon, etc. This wasn't really so much a bad movie as a low budget simple one. Riffs were quality and spot on. Very solid entry in the MST series. Glad I watched it again.

Oh yes, also rewatched Merlin's Magic Shop of Earnest Borgnine a few weeks before that. Now that was a classic.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #1559 on: April 23, 2018, 07:45:35 PM »
The Phantom Planet and The Incredible Strange really long movie title about 4 times each in the last week due to them both repeating repeatedly on Pluto TV lately. Each time I've been doing other thing so only had them on in the background. Wouldn't claim either episode as one of my favorites, but when I have paid attention there have been things that I found funny.