Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174785 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1110 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
Quest of the Delta Knights. 

"I'm comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"

"Eww, wizard wiz!"

Also, one of my all-time favorite host segments:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtHeVrdj5_4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jtHeVrdj5_4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

:D
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

shodan

« Reply #1111 on: November 12, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ociyo7viTxM?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ociyo7viTxM?</a>
when i first heard this and tom went "and i got these" i laughed so hard for about 5 minutes to the point i couldn't breathe.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1112 on: November 19, 2011, 04:19:43 PM »
I've watched Boggy Creek II, Werewolf, Riding with Death, Track of the Moon Beast, and Future War a frightening amount of times. I can watch these anytime and it doesn't matter how long it's been since I last watched it. They never, ever get old.

"By this time, my hair had blanketed my football head."

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #1113 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
I watched KTMA Phase IV since these episodes were the subject of a recent thread.  It's really not that good, though still better than most of the crap on T.V. these days.  I do find some sort of innocent charm in these early episodes.  In that vein I went to DAP to get a copy of 108 - The Slime People and found the CT gang at a forum (comic con perhaps) and Joel setting up a viewing of KTMA 00 - The Green Slime, in it's entirety!!  Wow!  As any fan knows this was only a fifteen minute pilot episode, but it's still cool to finally see it.  Now if only JH would release (or leak) all 3 so us MST3K nerds could have the complete set.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:36:47 PM by Prince of Space 5049 »
[

• Big Montana
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #1114 on: November 20, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »
Well, ahem, I just looked through some old forums, and found out I'm 3 years late to the party :-[
[

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1115 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
Watching Mighty Jack in parts yesterday and today. I just can't seem to get into this episode. The riffing varies from average to good, but the movie is just completely indecipherable. I find it difficult to beleive this is a 3rd season riff, as it feels less polished than other Season 3 ones.

Offline Manderie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1116 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
Just watched Teenage Strangler last night!

"Now is this a teenager who strangles or a person who strangles teenagers?"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1117 on: December 10, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
  I watched part of the extra The DVD Menus of MST3K. Aside from the obvious "they are really running out of ideas for featurettes", I can't beleive they are proud enough of these things to put a feature on about them. Am I the only one who feels that it is horribly  WRONG to have CGI (of any sort) related to MST3K?! I appreciate a little of the creativity of some of the menus, but it just feels completely out of touch with the show. I know it's cheap CGI, but how much more expensive would real puppets have been? Not to mention that the cheap CGI makes it look like The Asylum got ahold of the rights to it.
  Please, Shout! Make some puppets and cheap sets and do them that way. Everything else about your company and DVD releases shows that you care and that you "get" the show. Except what comes up when I actually pop the DVD in the player.  :P

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #1118 on: December 10, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »
Watching Mighty Jack in parts yesterday and today. I just can't seem to get into this episode. The riffing varies from average to good, but the movie is just completely indecipherable. I find it difficult to beleive this is a 3rd season riff, as it feels less polished than other Season 3 ones.

This is one that I've always enjoyed... it isn't consistently strong... but has just enough great gut busting sections to make it stand out. When the guys find something to work with... they nail it. I was just laughing to myself thinking about the scene with the old man smoking at his desk. "Inside I'm young and handsome.. outside I'm the Grinch that stole Christmas."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1119 on: December 10, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
princess mononoke
Which episode was that?!

shodan

« Reply #1120 on: December 10, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
oops wrong thread

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1121 on: December 10, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #1122 on: December 11, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
Secret Agent Super Dragon

I don't know if it was just a bad spy movie, a badly dubbed European movie, the edits made for MST3K running time... likely a combination of all of that... But this was a barely decipherable mess. Still don't know exactly what the hell was going on... poisonous chewing gum and Ming vases up for auction... no idea how this shit gets put to film... and there wasn't much a villain to speak of... but it had some attractive women and a schmarmy lead. So I guess it wasn't a total write-off.

The riffing had it's high spots, and was generally steady, but this one probably doesn't get as many big belly laughs as their other Bond-esque spy episodes like Operation Double 007 or Agent for HARM. The host segments were generally forgettable, but I did like Frank getting heckled in the "Virtual Comedy" machine from the Mad's invention exchange... and Crow's "Spy Who Hugged Me" script had it's moments.

Easily worth the time if you haven't seen it before, but probably a middle of the pack episode in the big pecking order of things... and there are other episodes that I'll revisit before this one when I want my MST3K James Bond ripoff fix.

• Big Montana
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #1123 on: December 11, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
I was a teenage werewolf

I know the SciFi years don't get a lot of love, but this is still one of my favorites.  I remember watching this movie as a kid on the local Saturday night Chiller Theater.  MST makes the experience of poping it on for a late night Saturday with my favorite snack pure pleasure.
[

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1124 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
I was a teenage werewolf

I know the SciFi years don't get a lot of love, but this is still one of my favorites.  I remember watching this movie as a kid on the local Saturday night Chiller Theater.  MST makes the experience of poping it on for a late night Saturday with my favorite snack pure pleasure.

Oh, I don't know. I for one think the SciFi years are far and away the best seasons of the series. I much prefer Mike to Joel, and I also think Corbett is the superior Crow. I don't laugh nearly as hard at earlier episodes than I do at seasons 8-10.