login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174823 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1020 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:48 AM »
I've been watching the Season 3 Gamera movies, which I continue to enjoy immensely.  I'm curious about the KTMA ones.
Satellite News is currently going through reviews of the KTMA episodes every Thursday. He sometimes indicates the differences (different cuts of the movie, etc) between them and Season 3.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1021 on: August 26, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »
I've been watching the Season 3 Gamera movies, which I continue to enjoy immensely.  I'm curious about the KTMA ones.
Satellite News is currently going through reviews of the KTMA episodes every Thursday. He sometimes indicates the differences (different cuts of the movie, etc) between them and Season 3.

Lazlow The MST Guy has discussed the five KTMA Gamera episodes on his web series too.
http://www.laidoffproductions.com/html/Lazlow.html

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #1022 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »

They're uncut movies.  So some times the move is more painful  And which means if there's nothing to riff in that part....

This isn't always bad though.  I found the bits they cut from Time of the Apes very interesting.  And you understand more of the story.  And Time of the Apes is also cool in that it's just the Bots in the theater.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1023 on: August 26, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
Santa Claus - I love this one. So bizzar and such a wierd mishmash of mythologies, yet (relatively) big budget and very planned out.

Santa's haulin' ass!

I'm here to eat candy canes and kick ass! And I'm all out of candy canes!

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #1024 on: August 26, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »
"MST3k The Movie"/This Island Earth.

Hadn't seen this one before, just got it today.  Ooooooh, widescreen theater seats.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1025 on: August 27, 2010, 06:58:35 AM »

Hadn't seen this one before, just got it today.  Ooooooh, widescreen theater seats.

Aah! Mike killed the Hubble!

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #1026 on: August 27, 2010, 07:16:18 AM »

Aah! Mike killed the Hubble!

Well I never Metaluna I didn't like. Heh. Whaddya think Ruth?

Offline beelzvw

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1027 on: August 27, 2010, 10:12:36 AM »
Santa Claus - I love this one. So bizzar and such a wierd mishmash of mythologies, yet (relatively) big budget and very planned out.

Santa's haulin' ass!

I'm here to eat candy canes and kick ass! And I'm all out of candy canes!

That was probably one of the more terrifying movies I've ever seen.

Watched the Corpse Vanishes ep. last night as part of a Bela Lugosi marathon.  I've only seen a couple episodes from season one, and I was pleasantly surprised that the sound in that episode was pretty good.  I can't get over how Minnesota-y Crow sounds!! I think it's a cuter voice than the accentless Crow that Trace does later.  I really loved the host segment with the barber shop.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #1028 on: September 14, 2010, 02:20:24 AM »
Just for those of you who aren't aware....

AMC has a B-movies page where you can watch these gems online.  Right now they're featuring Invasion of the Neptune Men, Viking Women and the Sea Serpent, Teenage Caveman, Hercules Unchained, Devil Doll (don't think it's the European cut), The Horror of Party Beach, The Undead, War of the Colossal Beast (although the pics are from The Amazing Colossal Man), Carnival of Souls, The Crawling Eye.....

UnMSTied, of course.

Some other movies worth checking out, too.

Offline doctorsuarez

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1029 on: October 04, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »
Just went back to watch Godzilla vs. Megalon today.  I had very little memory of it, but this one episode guide I stumbled on considered it a classic.  Was a bit stressed out and it seemed like the perfect thing to get me back on an even keel.  Maybe I was in a foul mood, but it was a touch disappointing.  I had most likely seen it some 15 years ago, but I remembered almost none of the movie, and I see why now.  However, unusually, the host segments were really really funny.  The Jet Jaguar song at the end was painfully hilarious.  So, overall, a bit of a slog, but capped off perfectly. 

Still, that's what I get for listening to that guy.  I mean, he hated Boggy Creek II.  And that's just nuts.

Offline SimplyComplex

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1030 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
The Pumaman

"When... you want... the flavor of bacon in a dip..."

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #1031 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »
Off topic, sorry, but this doesn't deserve its own topic. In what episode was the sketch where Joel played around with different kinds of camera overlays, like binoculars?

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1032 on: October 15, 2010, 07:07:09 AM »
Off topic, sorry, but this doesn't deserve its own topic. In what episode was the sketch where Joel played around with different kinds of camera overlays, like binoculars?

203- JUNGLE GODDESS is where it originally appeared, but it showed up again in 209- THE HELLCATS as a flashback segment.

Offline lmolson73

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #1033 on: October 17, 2010, 02:31:27 AM »
The Mole People.  One of my favorite lines from Mike: "This movie is just ropes and asses!"

There is another episode I can't remember the name of where, at the end, Pearl shouts at Mike - "it is a John Agar film festival for you!" - which episode is that?  I just remember laughing at that and whatever else was going on with Bobo and Brain Guy.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1034 on: October 17, 2010, 04:15:10 AM »
The Mole People.  One of my favorite lines from Mike: "This movie is just ropes and asses!"

There is another episode I can't remember the name of where, at the end, Pearl shouts at Mike - "it is a John Agar film festival for you!" - which episode is that?  I just remember laughing at that and whatever else was going on with Bobo and Brain Guy.

That's the threat Pearl makes at the very end of 811- PARTS: THE CLONUS HORROR, when Mike and the Bots accidentally wake up the space children that Pearl & Company are taking care of. I guess she forgot, because there weren't any episodes that featured him after PARTS. On the other hand, she probably figured THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES was punishment enough.