login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175070 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #990 on: June 28, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »
"EEGAH!"

Wow.  I should've revisited this a looong time ago.  I actually started a thread for this but got no responses.  I was wondering if anyone remembers the "watch out for snakes" gag popping up in any RiffTrax.

Now I'm workin my way through "Monster A-Go-Go".  It's more entertaining than I thought it'd be.  There's almost an Ed Woodian charm to it in fact.  I'm actually kinda sad it's almost over cuz then I gotta decide on another one.  I hope I stumble across another good one.  I'm 2 for 2!

Didn't one of the HP 'trax do a "watch out for snakes" riff?
Oh yeah.  There'd HAVE to be one in the HP one where the bad guy turns into a snake at the end (the titles are all a blur to me; I think that's the 2nd one?).  I guess I could think of any RT with snakes in them.  That should be a fair bet.

spaceforarent

« Reply #991 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »
They say it in CT's East Meets Watts as well.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #992 on: June 29, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »
I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF

This was pretty funny. Never seen it before and I enjoyed. But I hope to be able to see it again, this time paying attention. :)
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #993 on: June 29, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF

This was pretty funny. Never seen it before and I enjoyed. But I hope to be able to see it again, this time paying attention. :)
I'm being attacked by a Bernstein Bear!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #994 on: June 29, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
"Space Children".  Never seen this one before, and I loved it (which means I'm 3 for 3 now!).  This one ranks in the "Not a terrible movie" category, meaning I could prob watch it non-riffed.  It suffers from a truly horrible title for what could've been a decent Twilight Zone episode (in the later seasons anyway).

Then again, anything prob would've been delightful since I just watched "Monster A-Go Go" which has to be the 2nd worst movie I've ever seen ("Red Zone Cuba" is still my #1).  Nobody warned me it didn't have an ending!!!!   
:angry:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #995 on: June 29, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »
Final Sacrifice - One of my all time favorites, and one of MST3K's all time classics. Hilarious riffing, and it gave us The Canada Song!

"Sounds like his heart just exploded."

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #996 on: June 30, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
Blood Waters of Dr. Z.

Man, what a dreadful little movie.   So, the ex-Nazi (I think that is what the movie was trying to imply) thought that by turning people into fish, he would rule the world?   If everyone was a fish, wouldn't the leaders still be leaders, just be fish leaders?    Hell, some of them already look like fish anyway.

So, at the end, did the monster die, or did he dive underwater on his own with the canisters (or provolone)?    The editing was so bad I could not tell if everyone died, or everyone but the fish.   And did they ever explain why he had stomach pains?

ARGH

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #997 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:27 AM »
"Space Children".  Never seen this one before, and I loved it (which means I'm 3 for 3 now!).  This one ranks in the "Not a terrible movie" category, meaning I could prob watch it non-riffed.  It suffers from a truly horrible title for what could've been a decent Twilight Zone episode (in the later seasons anyway).

Then again, anything prob would've been delightful since I just watched "Monster A-Go Go" which has to be the 2nd worst movie I've ever seen ("Red Zone Cuba" is still my #1).  Nobody warned me it didn't have an ending!!!!   

Space Children is so perfect.  The worst of the worst movies aren't the best ones, it's these cheesy ones like SPace Children or a lot of the Roger Corman poorly acted ones that are the funniest. There's a sweet spot there between good and awful.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:53 PM »

Space Children is so perfect.  The worst of the worst movies aren't the best ones, it's these cheesy ones like SPace Children or a lot of the Roger Corman poorly acted ones that are the funniest. There's a sweet spot there between good and awful.
Thanks for mentioning Roger Corman.  I almost mentioned him (I'm a fan of "Night of the Blood Beast"; "Not everyone's name is Steve!!!").  I'm looking for more eps like that that I haven't seen.  Any you would recommend (besides "Teenagers From Outer Space" or any Ed Wood or Roger Corman ones)?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #999 on: July 08, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
The Bloodwaters of Dr.Z.

"you thought your clown car would solve everything"  Is now one of my favorite lines.

Wow this movie was bad!

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #1000 on: July 09, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
Squirm!

Worms, worms, worms. 

Lots and lots of worms and worms and worms and then more worms. 

Now if only someone in that movie had wished that there were no worms in the world, little Wormie the worm sprite would have shown up and taken care of that.  Problem solved!

The more I see of the southern US in these MST3K movies, the less I like of it.  Although to be fair, the Giant Spider Invasion didn't exactly make Wisconsin look like a paradise, either.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1001 on: July 21, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
Watched volume XVIII over the last 4 nights:

Lost Continent
Crash Of The Moons
The Beast of Yucca Flats
Jack Frost

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #1002 on: July 22, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
The more I see of the southern US in these MST3K movies, the less I like of it.  Although to be fair, the Giant Spider Invasion didn't exactly make Wisconsin look like a paradise, either.

Same could be said about...
  • Catalina
  • Arizona (do wurwilfs have to show ID there now?)
  • New Mexico (or wherever Johnny Longbow was from)
  • The Bronx
  • Canada (it's full of hooded, tank-topped S&M enthusiasts)
  • Texas (you tell them they're part of the South)
  • whatever part of Northern California Melissa and Lucinda are from unless you want to be burned as a witch
  • San Francisco's airport
  • Hawaii
  • Japan
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Venezuela
  • "Progress Island USA"
  • the moon
  • and the rest of outer space, for that matter.....

;)

EDIT: And England....because in London someone might throw you out a window because they think you're the Puma Man and there's killer bees on the coastal islands....

BTW, last night I watched Night of the Blood Beast and right now Werewolf....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:59:21 AM by Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck »

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #1003 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
Same could be said about...
  • San Francisco's airport

Sorry, have to disagree on this one.  It's just as orange (and beautiful!) in real life.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #1004 on: July 26, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »
watched Terror from the year 5000 last night.  Found it rather unsettling to here Kevin's voice sing out of Mike's mouth as one of the Observers.  :speechless:
You'll DIE Laughing!