login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175106 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #975 on: May 18, 2010, 01:56:55 AM »
409 - The Indestructible Man. Great riffing, and actually not that bad of a movie, either (in my opinion.) Loved the now-"What?"-inducing comment regarding American Psycho in the invention exchange...

612 - The Starfighters.

Guh...

I'd completely forgotten about this episode. Only saw it once, and in 1994 I was just 9 years old, so it didn't stay in my mind. Holy Lord On A Stick , I'd take any of Coleman Francis' movies over this one.  Definitely the Lost Continent of season six. How did they watch that movie unriffed? I would've fallen asleep if I had. I nearly did watching it riffed this time around. And that wouldn't have been a great scene at all.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #976 on: May 25, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
The Brute Man, which is accompanied by one of my favorite shorts, The Chicken of Tomorrow. "Lick you eggs! Or have a friend lick them!"

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #977 on: May 29, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »
Because of the discussion at the Satellite News site recently, Boggy Creek II. 

Oh Crenshaw, my Crenshaw.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #978 on: May 30, 2010, 07:33:49 PM »
I just finished watching Boggy Creek II. Really good episode, although the movie seems to give off a grime that is almost palpable.  :P

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #979 on: May 31, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
I just finished watching Boggy Creek II. Really good episode, although the movie seems to give off a grime that is almost palpable.  :P

Ah, the south.
I'm watching Giant Spider Invasion now and that has a similar grimy vibe to it, and that's Minnesota.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #980 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
I can hardly watch Giant Spider Invasion or Squirm, even though they're hilarious episodes. I feel like my soul needs a shower afterwords.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #981 on: June 01, 2010, 07:04:09 AM »
I can hardly watch Giant Spider Invasion or Squirm, even though they're hilarious episodes. I feel like my soul needs a shower afterwords.

YOU GONNA BE DA WORMFACE!

YOUR A STUPIDHEAD!

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #982 on: June 01, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »

Spider Invasion is a breeze to get through compared to Squirm.  It is almost impossible for me to sit through all those worm scenes.  Just typing about it is making my skin crawl.  *shudder*

At least Spider Invasion has more than a few moments of real levity in it (many of them created by the riffing, of course).  The extensive sexism scene, the scenes with the Skipper, the scenes that are so dark you can't tell what's going on or who's in them, they make all that nasty stuff going on at the farm bearable (at least for me).  In Squirm, even despite the great riffing, it just feels like a never-ending stream of sadness and grossness to me.

Of course both Invasion and Squirm pale in comparison to the bedroom scene in Mitchell.  Talk about disgusting.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #983 on: June 06, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
615 - Kitten with a Whip.

Much funnier than I remembered it being.

I love this one. The dialogue is so weird it's hilarious. "He's the whole bottle and then a drop" sounds normal next to "Because you're so bright and shiny with a big white hat." What was the screenwriter smoking?!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline doggans

• Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #984 on: June 18, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
Two days ago, I watched an all-time classic, "The Final Sacrifice".

Today, I'm at the movie theater to see Toy Story 3, I glance at a random movie poster, and look who has a career as an editor!

http://twitpic.com/1xvohi

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #985 on: June 18, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »
Downloaded a lot of new ones I'd never seen before, like 12 to the Moon, Revenge of the Creature, and many others. My favorite of this new batch is ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE. I cannot believe that movie! I STILL can't figure out who the main character is, but I don't care.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #986 on: June 18, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »
Downloaded a lot of new ones I'd never seen before, like 12 to the Moon, Revenge of the Creature, and many others. My favorite of this new batch is ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE. I cannot believe that movie! I STILL can't figure out who the main character is, but I don't care.
You're going to protect the Twist and Creme corporation, aren't you, son?

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #987 on: June 21, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »
Master Ninjas one & two

My fourth or fifth time watching these.  Like many season three episodes, I didn't care for them on first viewing but learned to love them through re-watches.  I still seem to like the first one a lot more.  I find myself laughing much more steadily at the first one.  The second one has it's moments but seemed like ninja overkill to me. I always say I shouldn't watch them so close together.  And yet I always do. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #988 on: June 26, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »

Anyway, due to a relistening of "Clowns in the Sky" I ended up watching "Teen-Age Strangler" and "Colossus versus the Headhunters" today. Fine riffing all throughout Strangler. Headhunters though is rather forgettable.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
"EEGAH!"

Wow.  I should've revisited this a looong time ago.  I actually started a thread for this but got no responses.  I was wondering if anyone remembers the "watch out for snakes" gag popping up in any RiffTrax.

Now I'm workin my way through "Monster A-Go-Go".  It's more entertaining than I thought it'd be.  There's almost an Ed Woodian charm to it in fact.  I'm actually kinda sad it's almost over cuz then I gotta decide on another one.  I hope I stumble across another good one.  I'm 2 for 2!