login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174825 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
What's not to like about Skydivers? I mean, besides the movie, despite being arguably the best Coleman Francis film. I can see not liking The Creeping Terror, though I enjoy it. (But that endless segment where Mike listens to the sock hop music on his hi-fi I could live without.)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2010, 11:38:48 PM »
I'll admit that Skydivers wasn't as bad as the others, but it was still boring.

Meanwhile, I watched San Francisco International.  Now that's more like it.   

That we can agree on. Dear 1970s, Thank you for being you. Love, MSTies everywhere. But those Urkel sketches. Ugh.

I never thought "mantis in my pantis" was that funny.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #932 on: April 29, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
Finished The Killer Shrews last night. Totally forgot about that hilarious drink-sharing scene. And then later when the hero exchanges his empty drink glass with the asshole fiance's full drink glass - Crow's protesting "Hey!" was perfect.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #933 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
Finished The Killer Shrews last night. Totally forgot about that hilarious drink-sharing scene. And then later when the hero exchanges his empty drink glass with the asshole fiance's full drink glass - Crow's protesting "Hey!" was perfect.

I love that one. Something about movies where folks stand around not talking or doing much of anything really made the Brains bring their A game.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #934 on: April 30, 2010, 05:55:12 PM »
The Corpse Vanishes - "This is much better than my own entrance through the sock drawer!"

12 to the Moon. Putting aside the short - in my opinion the 3rd funniest short behind Mr. B. Natural and Last Clear Chance - and the great host segments, the movie and the riffing is hilarious. I do have to give the movie props for the whole pre-Star Trek international crew idea, but then it threw any semblance of a preachy-yet-decent B film out the window with the invisible helmet  face shields, the director forgetting that gaffers and set lights don't occur naturally on the moon and the space taxi...on a stick!

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #935 on: May 02, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
Space Travelers last night - I had to rewind several times to make sure I heard Joel's "fapjacks" quip correctly...How the hell did they get that in there?

Also: "Gene...GENE! He just doesn't care..."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #936 on: May 02, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
I had to rewind several times to make sure I heard Joel's "fapjacks" quip correctly...How the hell did they get that in there?

???

Does that have some connotation that I'm not aware of?  Or are you just saying that it's a weak joke?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #937 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
I had to rewind several times to make sure I heard Joel's "fapjacks" quip correctly...How the hell did they get that in there?

???

Does that have some connotation that I'm not aware of?  Or are you just saying that it's a weak joke?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fap http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fapjack

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #938 on: May 02, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »
I'm saying it's amazing they got it past the censors.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #939 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »
Hmmm.....   :o

Now the question is, did that mean that back in June of 1992?  This entry says 1997.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #940 on: May 02, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
Hmmm.....   :o

Now the question is, did that mean that back in June of 1992?  This entry says 1997.

I had just assumed it was a silly childlike mispronounciation joke, like how Hellboy says "pamcakes."

#420 - The Human Duplicators. It's nice to see Richard Kiel in a speaking role, too bad he's a lousy actor. I love that Joel gets to outshine Trace and Kevin for once in mimicry, he really shines doing his Kiel voice. "Here's your dolly." I wonder, did the director tell Kiel to act like a robot, or did he think "Jeez, Dick sounds like one of the androids. Say, that gives me an idea for a twist ending..." William Conrad Fridge Alert, Hugh Beaumont, Dolores Faith moving on to acting blind after acting mute in Phantom Planet. (I wonder if she and Kiel reminisced on set. He was the Solarite.) What's not to love?

#809 - I Was A Teeneaged Werewolf. A funny episode marred by a movie that, like Girl In Lovers Lane, really pisses you off. How can you not feel sorry for Tony? Sure, he's got anger management issues - like so many teens - but he's working on that, and the movie goes out of its way to portray him as a sympathetic, otherwise good kid. He does well in school, obeys his dad, has a bunch of friends, a girlfriend he genuinely seems to care about, plus he's Michael Landon! (Granted, that didn't mean anything in 1957, but nowadays...) I wish we at least could get some closure by seeing Tony savagely kill Whit Bissel, but no. Depressing Dad probably hanged himself again after the cops gunned down poor Tony. "Animals are afraid of vacuum cleaners. Should we bring some of those into the woods, too?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:53:35 PM by Sharktopus »

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #941 on: May 02, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
201 - Rocketship X-M: Great intro (Frank's introduction is the highlight), decent host segments (although the 3rd segment took me a while before I got what the hell they were doing) - hilarious riffing of a seriously boring movie. I don't wanna knock on J. Elvis, but you can feel a new level of energy with Kevin and Frank - the repartee between everyone already seems to be coming together. Best riff? Crow's "Rutabaga, rutabaga - Scientific rutabaga." Ah, drama classes...

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #942 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
Best riff? Crow's "Rutabaga, rutabaga - Scientific rutabaga." Ah, drama classes...

Isn't it rubarb?

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #943 on: May 02, 2010, 09:48:48 PM »
I'll admit that Skydivers wasn't as bad as the others, but it was still boring.

Meanwhile, I watched San Francisco International.  Now that's more like it.   

It has possibly the funniest riff ever:  "The answer my friend is blow it out your ass."  I think only "Mantis in my pantis" beats it for laugh-value.

God I love SFI.  I've almost worn my VHS of that one to ribbons.

"Toupe and Grayweave - They're cops!"

"I made for TV love you."
-etc.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #944 on: May 02, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »
Best riff? Crow's "Rutabaga, rutabaga - Scientific rutabaga." Ah, drama classes...

Isn't it rhubarb?

er...Yeah. But I was 10% close!

My Sunday night episode binge continues...Just finished 905 - The Deadly Bees. "Hey look, they're growing Bill the Cat!" A favourite episode of mine (Brain Guy's defeat of his fellow Observers highly amuses this Packers fan), especially if my recollection of it being the last episode ever broadcast before Sci-Fi finally pulled the show completely off the air is correct - I distinctly remember getting up early to watch whichever episode that was...

Huh.