login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175073 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #810 on: February 22, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
As I step gingerly into the technology year of 2002, DAP-ing and torrenting and Flicking avis into isos and burning, burning, burning those DVD-RWs that will be always turning, turning, turning, I am able to explore many MST3Ks that I've never seen before, or only once.  Leech Woman is one of those.  I was struck by the fact that the jutty fiance is played by the same actress that played the lead Romulan girl in Girls' Town, and that she was also the maiden daughter in my new favorite Christmas movie with Bogart, Ustinov and Ray; We're No Angels.  Gloria Talbott.  Wow she did a metric sh*tload  of TV...

-dale

"Oooooooh, that's good pineal!"
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #811 on: February 22, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
...this (Is this on the DVDs? I don't own this one. anyways, context: This was a little prank the crew pulled on the guys while they filmed the theater segments for the last episode ever):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z9oED6w1IAc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z9oED6w1IAc</a>

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2010, 06:47:14 AM »
I don't know if they had anything in place for dark movies in color, but they did have one for black and white movies.  At first they were told to make the shadowrama slightly green, but they didn't like how that looked, so instead they started tinting the movie slightly blue.  That probably would have been too distracting to try on a color movie.

I believe that it was a case of CC interfering.  Apparently someone at Comedy Central or Channel or Ha or whatever it was at the time thought that the idea of having black silhouettes against a sometimes black movie was ridiculous as you would lose sight of the silhouettes.  So for a while the silhouettes were a sort of greenish-black hue which of course was far more distracting than black silhouettes and so after a while they went back to the black silhouettes. Someone can correct me if I got that wrong.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #813 on: March 01, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
I don't know if they had anything in place for dark movies in color, but they did have one for black and white movies.  At first they were told to make the shadowrama slightly green, but they didn't like how that looked, so instead they started tinting the movie slightly blue.  That probably would have been too distracting to try on a color movie.

I believe that it was a case of CC interfering.  Apparently someone at Comedy Central or Channel or Ha or whatever it was at the time thought that the idea of having black silhouettes against a sometimes black movie was ridiculous as you would lose sight of the silhouettes.  So for a while the silhouettes were a sort of greenish-black hue which of course was far more distracting than black silhouettes and so after a while they went back to the black silhouettes. Someone can correct me if I got that wrong.

Yeah, the suit that suggested that wasn't completely wrong about the silhouette disappearing, so they did it for 2 B&W episodes (I can't remember which.) before they realized that just tinting the movie slightly cyan looked a million times better.

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
MST3K: The Movie

Been a long time since I've seen this one, and damn if I still didn't laugh at the same old jokes over and over.

"I'll read this on the crapper"
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #815 on: March 01, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
MST3K: The Movie

Been a long time since I've seen this one, and damn if I still didn't laugh at the same old jokes over and over.

"I'll read this on the crapper"
Still one of my absolute favorites.

"I'm experiencing a sensation altogether new to me. And I LOVE it!"

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #816 on: March 01, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
907 Hobgoblins

Ouuuuch! I think my IQ levels dropped a few notches after this one.  :D

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #817 on: March 01, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
907 Hobgoblins

Ouuuuch! I think my IQ levels dropped a few notches after this one.  :D

"Boy, that sure was a bad movie, won't you?"

btb, did anyone read Brewster Rockett the other day? Tom and Crow were in there!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #818 on: March 02, 2010, 04:01:35 AM »
607 - Bloodlust!

Not a great ep.  I liked the "Didn't steal no bike neither" callback, and the scene with the head boiling was pretty gruesome, but overall, kind of a yawner.

THe riffing isn't their best in this one.  However, I always found this to be one of  their more watchable cheesy B movies.  It's fairly fast paced and the plot is easy to understand, whch are two things that many  other MST movies cannot claim. 

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #819 on: March 02, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
Yeah, I can see that.

Was this based on "The Most Dangerous Game," or is it just a vague ripoff?

Much in the same way The Island was based on Clonus or Gemini Man was based on HG Wells.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #820 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »
Magic Sword

This episode is a classic example of how many episodes seem to improve with age.  The first time I saw this I barely laughed and ranked it as one of my least favorites.  Now, after a few more viewings, it's one of my favorite Joel Episodes. They do a fine job riffing this wacko fantasy and have a good time with it.  And the movie is silly fun.  As Servo says near the end: Not bad for Bert I. Gordon!'

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #821 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
Teenage Strangler

"Jimmy didn't steal no bike neither---I did!"

This movie wants to be both Rebel Without a Cause and Beach Blanket Bingo. Not a good combo, guys.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #822 on: March 03, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
Popped in Laserblast this evening. Has anyone else noticed that the guys make each other laugh a whole lot more than in any other episode I can think of? I wonder if it was nervousness from the imminent cancellation hanging over their heads. Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

And they couldn't have found a more Mark Hamilly lead if they'd cast Mark Hammill.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #823 on: March 03, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »
Jungle Goddess, link to my review in this thread here:
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,17080.msg521554.html#msg521554
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

spaceforarent

« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
Chief?