login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174804 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #750 on: January 29, 2010, 11:56:16 AM »
You see that is one of the reasons i like MST3K it shows me movies that are so bad i would never have heard of them or seen them on their own.  I tend to laugh when someone I know who has never seen MST3K calls the latest blockbuster they didn't like 'The worst movie ever made",I look on it as a point of pride that i know they have no idea how bad movies can get.
True. But, technically, neither do we. Because there were a lot of movies even worse that they screened that they didn't use.

I always just bring up movies they'd never seen when people say "the worst movie ever..."    Usually Wild Wild World of Batwoman or The Room.  Then I act scenes out for them.  Battlefield Earth is another fun one to quote and describe to the unknowing.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #751 on: January 29, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
I've shown, I dunno, maybe 40 different MST3K episodes to my girlfriend (she gets it but always falls asleep anyway), and nearly every time she says to me, "Wow, this is a really bad movie." My response: "Why are you always surprised?" Scientists... They can't see the noses on their faces sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:12:01 PM by Sharktopus »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #752 on: January 29, 2010, 12:47:54 PM »
You see that is one of the reasons i like MST3K it shows me movies that are so bad i would never have heard of them or seen them on their own.  I tend to laugh when someone I know who has never seen MST3K calls the latest blockbuster they didn't like 'The worst movie ever made",I look on it as a point of pride that i know they have no idea how bad movies can get.
True. But, technically, neither do we. Because there were a lot of movies even worse that they screened that they didn't use.

It's interesting. There are definitely worse movies than those that ever made the MST3K cut. I think there's like a "barely qualifies as a film" category that is so bad, it borders on unriffable. The "genre" that springs to mind is the homemade (as in shot on a fucking camera phone) horror movie.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #753 on: January 29, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »

I always just bring up movies they'd never seen when people say "the worst movie ever..."    Usually Wild Wild World of Batwoman or The Room.  Then I act scenes out for them.  Battlefield Earth is another fun one to quote and describe to the unknowing.
Um...which scenes of The Room do you act out? Not the love scenes, I hope.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #754 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #755 on: January 29, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

Is that shot from AVP:R?

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #756 on: January 29, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »

Only a few times with a lady friend... No, usually it's just a stiff line reading of  "Hi Johnny. Oh hai Denny, come on it. Isn't Lisa so beautiful and so sexy? Yes, Lisa... you are so beautiful and so sexy. May I kiss you? Oh Dinny. You maust be jokink. She is my future wife. Hahhhhhh don't worry about it."
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
Mr B's Lost Shorts ----love love love all of these!!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #758 on: January 30, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »

I believe that's from "The Erotic Adventures of Emmanuelle by H.R. Giger"

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #759 on: January 30, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »
finished up Screaming Skull and watched Phantom Planet...

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #760 on: February 01, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
currently watching MST3K: The movie

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #761 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »
watching War of the Colossal Beast. just finished Mr. B natural

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #762 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
Watching 1st Annual Summer Blockbuster Review.  I had never noticed Crow saying (about Bobo) "I hate it when people talk in the theater."

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #763 on: February 02, 2010, 12:40:57 PM »
watching War of the Colossal Beast. just finished Mr. B natural

"Bad touch"

I've been told I can do an amazing Mr b Natural impression. Too bad I can't put that on a resume.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #764 on: February 02, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
Watched The Crawling Hand last night. Forgot how they loaded on the Gilligan's Island references in that one.