login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175139 times)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #570 on: August 31, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
Escape 2000

This has to be the most violet film they ever did. 70% of the film consists of shooting silver guys. My fourth or fifth time watching this and the riffing was a lot funnier this time, for some reason. I realize it was only six episodes long, but season seven was awesome!!

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #571 on: September 01, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »
Viking Women vs. the Sea Serpent

A prime example of season three.  A bad film that is lots of goofy fun to watch with riffing that makes me chuckle throughout, without a lot of big laughs.

Season three can be fun to watch when I'm in the right mood, but when I want to laugh really hard I usually go with something from the later seasons.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:28:25 PM by dangfish »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #572 on: September 05, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
For some reason I've been wanting to watch Prince Of Space all day, so I did....

Ha,,, Haa,,,,,Haaa

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #573 on: September 07, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »
514 - Teen-Age Strangler.

Hilarious. I loved the short and the riffing on it ("She's a Romulan!")

Also:  "Jimmeh....*sniff*...I didn't mean nothin' Jimmeh..."

"These crazy kids and their yipes stripes"
It's so satisfying when Mikey crashes his bike, because he's so snivelling. "Jimmeh didn't steal no bike neither. I did!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »
Screaming Skull

Not quite as funny as I remembered it but still some darn fine riffing and they do another good job of making a plodding, uneventful film entertaining.  Mike summed the movie up eloquently when he said ' It's like they had two servings of suspense and tried to stretch it out to seven.'  There were about 20 minutes worth of plot here.  Thank goodness for Mickey.   And Crow's 'GET A BOX!!!' gets me every time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:13:26 PM by dangfish »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
Screaming Skull

Not quite as funny as I remembered it but still some darn fine riffing and they do another good job of making a plodding, uneventful film entertaining.  Mike summed the movie up eloquently when he said ' It's like they had two servings of suspense and tried to stretch it out to seven.'  There were about 20 minutes worth of plot here.  Thank goodness for Mickey.   And Crow's 'GET A BOX!!!' gets me every time.
That is a good episode, but the Crow as skull host segment MAKES that episode!
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zKL_8IKpnp4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zKL_8IKpnp4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2009, 04:12:06 AM »
Screaming Skull

That is a good episode, but the Crow as skull host segment MAKES that episode!
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zKL_8IKpnp4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zKL_8IKpnp4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I'm not the biggest fan of the sketches (60% of the time I fast forward past them to get to the riffing) but the Crow skull thing is one of my favorites as well. I love how Mike continues to give him the odd whack here and there even after he realizes it's Crow.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7128
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2009, 07:58:25 AM »
the continual mike screaming, even while showing off his driver does it for me. :D
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #578 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »
King Dinosaur: the first of many Bert I. Gordon's forced perspective disasters, a pro-atom bomb message (releasing that much radiation on oversized creatures is probably not a good idea,) and of course, Joey the Lemur!
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2009, 11:50:06 AM »
Soul Taker

I committed an MST sin here. With the return of Joel and Frank, I usually don't fast forward through the host segments on this episode. This time, however, I watched it with my only friend who will occasionally agree to watch MST. The only condition, however, is that I must skip the host segments. Usually I don't have a problem with this, but in this case it just felt wrong. Like my own soul was being taken. We both laughed a lot. Great episode, Joel or no Joel.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2009, 12:39:16 PM »
Soul Taker

I committed an MST sin here. With the return of Joel and Frank, I usually don't fast forward through the host segments on this episode. This time, however, I watched it with my only friend who will occasionally agree to watch MST. The only condition, however, is that I must skip the host segments. Usually I don't have a problem with this, but in this case it just felt wrong. Like my own soul was being taken. We both laughed a lot. Great episode, Joel or no Joel.

If you have to skip the host segments, wouldn't it just be easier to watch Rifftrax?

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #581 on: September 13, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
Soul Taker

If you have to skip the host segments, wouldn't it just be easier to watch Rifftrax?

We watch both actually.  My friend  prefers Rifftrax but lately he seems to be more amenable to an MST every now and then. My original error was showing him too many episodes with the older black and white films.  After showing him Final Sacrifice. Escape 2000, and Future War, I've realized that he's much happier with the 70's and 80's cheese.  And one advantage to watching them without the host segments is that you can get through an episode in about 70 minutes!   

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2009, 11:02:55 PM »
Wild World of Batwoman.

Never saw this one all the way through before--though I know I"ve seen Servo go into his rage-fueld "END! END! END!" bit--is that replicated elsewhere, or have I just seen that part?

The "chinese" voice part had me in stitches, and Servo's rant above, and...pretty good, solid riffing all the way through, really.

This is one of my favs!  Love the deadpan "please kill me."
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Doctor Who?

« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2009, 12:57:11 PM »
The StarFighters

Could something please Happen?!  I guess that is too much to ask.  This must have been a cheap movie,it's all stock footage.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
Soul Taker

We watch both actually.  My friend  prefers Rifftrax but lately he seems to be more amenable to an MST every now and then. My original error was showing him too many episodes with the older black and white films.  After showing him Final Sacrifice. Escape 2000, and Future War, I've realized that he's much happier with the 70's and 80's cheese.  And one advantage to watching them without the host segments is that you can get through an episode in about 70 minutes!   

I actually quite often fast forward the host segments unless their brilliant.

Last one I watched was Time Chasers. So great.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT