login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175154 times)

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #555 on: August 16, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »
I love it too. The Little Richard jokes are great.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6258
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #556 on: August 16, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
I love it too. The Little Richard jokes are great.
Yeah. So are all the jokes about how bad the other band is. Talk about different! Sheesh! The balding middle aged drummer always cracks me up, though.

Offline Darth Macho

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2009, 01:01:39 AM »
Interesting.  Does the movie really feature the nudity and swears that its wikipedia entry implies?

Based on my copy of Mitchell here's what MST3K cut out...

Subplot with the Larry Miller lookalike in the orange muscle car: Mitchell tracks him down, beats him up and slams the car door on his fingers (brutal).

Subplot about goons following Martin Balsam (I can never remember who's Lystretta, Galano, et al.): These guys are hired by the mobsters to intimidate Martin Balsam (Mitchell saves Balsam from being run over). Mitchell randomly shoots a goon on the golf course (as seen on MST3K).

Sex Scenes: Extended Linda Evans & Joe Don lovemaking. Kinda like the puppets in Team America but obscured by merciful bedsheets. Backside nudity, pillow talk, Linda Evans' grandmotherly sensuality getting dressed, Mitchell questions her about taking pot, etc. Gently traumatic viewing.

Extended plot: Martin Balsam has additional lines with Mitchell & Co. going over the various schemes. Less confusing but still boring.

John Saxon's death: A long series of scenes where Martin Balsam, Mitchell, and John Saxon try to screw over each other while Saxon is off-road racing dune buggies. Eventually Balsam and Saxon work out a deal to get Saxon to kill Mitchell. Mitchell... sidesteps the dune buggies, beats up a goon, steals his vehicle and chases Saxon around the track. Saxon freaks out and makes a fiery crash. Silly yet surprisingly fun chase.

Profanity: Here and there but nothing rememberable. They obviously filmed a theatrical and television version at the same time. Linda Evans writes 'Bastard' in lipstick on Mitchell's windshield (MST3K is 'Jerk').

It's kind of like the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies. It adds layers to the piece but useful only for the devotee.

Yes, I am proud of my 'Mitchell' poster.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2009, 04:19:54 AM »
Interesting.  Does the movie really feature the nudity and swears that its wikipedia entry implies?

Based on my copy of Mitchell here's what MST3K cut out...

Subplot with the Larry Miller lookalike in the orange muscle car: Mitchell tracks him down, beats him up and slams the car door on his fingers (brutal).

Subplot about goons following Martin Balsam (I can never remember who's Lystretta, Galano, et al.): These guys are hired by the mobsters to intimidate Martin Balsam (Mitchell saves Balsam from being run over). Mitchell randomly shoots a goon on the golf course (as seen on MST3K).

Sex Scenes: Extended Linda Evans & Joe Don lovemaking. Kinda like the puppets in Team America but obscured by merciful bedsheets. Backside nudity, pillow talk, Linda Evans' grandmotherly sensuality getting dressed, Mitchell questions her about taking pot, etc. Gently traumatic viewing.

Extended plot: Martin Balsam has additional lines with Mitchell & Co. going over the various schemes. Less confusing but still boring.

John Saxon's death: A long series of scenes where Martin Balsam, Mitchell, and John Saxon try to screw over each other while Saxon is off-road racing dune buggies. Eventually Balsam and Saxon work out a deal to get Saxon to kill Mitchell. Mitchell... sidesteps the dune buggies, beats up a goon, steals his vehicle and chases Saxon around the track. Saxon freaks out and makes a fiery crash. Silly yet surprisingly fun chase.

Profanity: Here and there but nothing rememberable. They obviously filmed a theatrical and television version at the same time. Linda Evans writes 'Bastard' in lipstick on Mitchell's windshield (MST3K is 'Jerk').

It's kind of like the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies. It adds layers to the piece but useful only for the devotee.

Yes, I am proud of my 'Mitchell' poster.

Yes, MST3K riffed the edited for TV version. For those of you playing along at home, that means that you're watching an edited version of an edited movie. I'm sure the people who despise the series for not properly presenting films in their entirety would love this episode. In the TV version the death of John Saxon's character is only briefly mentioned on Mitchell's radio, which confuses Servo near the end. "Hey guys, wasn't John Saxon in this movie?"

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »
Awww yea... stumbled across this little beauty at a thrift shop about 10 years ago...

Of course, I've only watched it once... just to satisfy the guilt for paying the $4 asking price.... so my memories could be a bit foggy. Either way, I recall the plot itself being more boring than confusing when you watch the thing in it's uncut form... as it's a little easier to keep track of Mistretta / Gilano and all the various underhanded maneuverings of the mobsters. Also, I don't recall Mitchell bashing in Saxon's head with a rock.. I thought his dune buggy just flipped and blow'd up real good. I guess there could be yet another version out there with rock-to-head action... or I could just be forgetting the details. I do recall some swear words here and there and the alternate Linda Evans windshield message... so I think this is some flavor of the theatrical cut.  I have one VCR still hooked up somewhere around here... maybe I'll give this one another visit... Once every 10 years or so is probably about the limit.

Offline BuffaloMatt

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #560 on: August 21, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »
Experiment #604 - Zombie Nightmare

I just bought the newest DVD set from Shout!  I never saw this episode before, but this was fantastic.  The riffing was top-notch, the movie deserved it, and it was a whole lot of fun.  I loved everything -- the Voodoo witch that talked like a cartoon sheep, the Eugene Levy-esque medical examiner, the fact that EVERYBODY WAS RELATED even more so than in a George Lucas flick.  Perhaps my favorite part was the interview of Jon Mikl Thor, and how hard he had to explain how "busy" he is these days.  This was a fantastic episode, all around.
Man, that guy's got a small face.

Offline jjlava

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Whoo hoo! Whoo hoo!
« Reply #561 on: August 22, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »
The Final Sacrifice... for like the 12th time. So many good riffs in that one... "I wonder if there's beer on the Sun?"   ;D
"I get bored easily. I've been bored most of my life."

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #562 on: August 24, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »
So many over the last couple of weeks - was in Canada at a friend's cabin with some folks 2 weeks ago, it rained for 3 days, and one us always opted for an MST3K when offered.  So, just to list 'em:

1) Parts, The Clonus Horror

2) Godzilla vs. Megalon

3) Teenage Strangler

4)  Final Justice

-dale

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #563 on: August 26, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
Racket Girls

Some good quips but not nearly enough of them to quite compete with this wreck of a non-film. .  Endless dull wrestling scenes mixed in with endless 'sitting in offices talking' scenes puts this movie somewhere in the Radar Secret Service/Starfighters range of unwatchability.  It took me years to catch up with this one.  Now I wish it could've been a few more. 

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #564 on: August 26, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
Danger! Death Ray

This one would be a GREAT Rifftrax Live event. :D What a riot, as good (bad?) as any crappy Ed Wood movie, IMO.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:12:27 PM by CHF01 »

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2009, 08:43:11 AM »
The Beast of Yucca Flats

This one is an MST classic. I'm surprised this one hasn't been released commercially yet.

Offline bryanjbusch

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • "The dog's meat: have you seen it?"
    • Circus Peanut Gallery blog
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:51 AM »
The Beast of Yucca Flats

This one is an MST classic. I'm surprised this one hasn't been released commercially yet.

It's got one of my favorite lines ever: "This movie stops at nothing! And stays there."
"When You Grow Up" is totally free to watch, and totally cheap to download.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7128
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
parts the clonus horror, yet again. so much awesomeness.

... except for mike's silver shorts.  :speechless:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Crow T. Robot 666

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Do not offend the chair leg of truth.
    • Teeth of the Divine
« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2009, 08:00:56 PM »
Flag on the Moon...

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #569 on: August 31, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
while at my grandpa's house we got his computer working and saw Riding With Death. SInce we were just on that road we thought we'd watch it. "Sam, how do you spell 'patent'?" t Man, I love that one. "Ten mill." One of the best. Awaiting release eagerly.

Also watched Time of the Apes. Probably my all time favorite Joel, but I do love Mitchell. I wish they'd release Time of the Apes, but I know Sandy Frank will never give their approval. My favorite part of this one is the sketch parody of Inherit the Wind, because I hate that play/movie anyway. "What's all this horse hockey about man evolving from apes?" "They did. THe defense rests." "That was an elegent, eloquent, almost oscar winning speech!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT