Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174760 times)

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
I love the Yong Man's Fancy short from The Violent Years. I bust up every time when the dad tells his wife he's going to start growing mushrooms in the basement.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
Hellcats

I always thought this episode gets a bad rap.  The riffing does fade a little at the end, but overall I always get plenty of laughs out of this. I love the fact that literally 50% of the film is just watching this biker gang party. Even for an old biker movie this film is odd.  The scene where the wet biker guy screams something that can't possibly be real words and Servo's impression of him  is one of my favorite MST moments.  Appropriately, they used that scene for the stinger.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
806 The Undead

I wish they had access to short movies to lesson the host segment times a bit (especially the end segment with Bobo). The host segment with Bridget is awesome, and the Digger LP has some funny moments. In the theater, the riffing was sharp as a razor. I've found I liked the experment much more after a few viewings. "STAAAAAAY!!!!"

:D

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #543 on: August 11, 2009, 08:42:16 PM »
806 The Undead

I wish they had access to short movies to lesson the host segment times a bit (especially the end segment with Bobo). The host segment with Bridget is awesome, and the Digger LP has some funny moments. In the theater, the riffing was sharp as a razor. I've found I liked the experment much more after a few viewings. "STAAAAAAY!!!!"

:D

This episode is one of the first I ever saw and it's one of my top ten favorites.  The riffing doesn't get much better than this.  And that Smolken guy is a classic MST character.  I know some people can't deal with the film but I find it fun in a twisted way.  I'm taking a chance and showing this at my next MST meet-up.  I have faith that the excellent riffing will satisfy.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #544 on: August 13, 2009, 08:26:22 AM »
Sidehackers

I always liked this one... altho I might have some bias as it was one of the first Rhino VHS eps I owned..  So I watched the hell out of it during the dead time between the end of the CC era and start of the Sci-Fi era. My favorite biker one is still Wild Rebels, but Sidehackers has plenty of funny moments. The Hellcats has always been a middle of the road episode for me, but one that probably warrants a revisit.

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #545 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »
Horror's of Spider Island.

I've started answering all questions with crossed or uncrossed legs.  So far not too sucessfull.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline iAmThePocketGod

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #546 on: August 14, 2009, 05:54:46 AM »
For the 1st time ever, I saw Hobgoblins!

It was freakin' hilarious! The couch segment and the bots running away in the theater made me laugh really hard, and "Oh, big man, you're beating up a plush toy," and "Freddie's a flaming husk right now, he won't mind if we use his car..." topped the list of favorite quotes, but that's mainly because I watched it when I was really tired (Near midnight when I started it) so I don't remember all of the details. Great episode, 10/10!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2398
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #547 on: August 14, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »

I've started answering all questions with crossed or uncrossed legs.  So far not too sucessfull.

This image just struck me as an 80's style sitcom scene for some reason.

(INT Living Room.  Gary is sitting on the couch watching tv with his feet up on the coffee table.  Erin enters from left.)

ERIN
What do you want for dinner tonight?

(Gary make a bit of a show of crossing his legs without a word.)

(Erin shrugs and walks out the front door.)

GARY
Wait, where are you going?

(Screams of pain off camera.  Erin re-enters carrying two severed legs, taking them into the kitchen.)

GARY
That's not what I...you thought...ohhhh you...

(Audience laughter, fade to black, end credits.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #548 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:35 AM »

(INT Living Room.  Gary is sitting on the couch watching tv with his feet up on the coffee table.  Erin enters from left.)

ERIN

GARY

(Screams of pain off camera.  Erin re-enters carrying two severed legs, taking them into the kitchen.)

GARY

:D :D :D

I LOVE IT, I'D TOTALLY WATCH THAT SHOW!!!
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #549 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »

ERIN

GARY

GARY

You have a rare gift.
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
Red Zone Cuba

pretty good, but not one of their best. Partly because the movie is so bad. But it's still an entertaining mst. "At this point the movie has thrown its hands up in the air and said 'I just don't know.'" I've seen it 93 times it seems and I STILL have NO IDEA what's going on.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
802 - Leech Woman

One that just keeps getting better with repeat viewings, Leech Woman is probably the strongest ep from the early part of season eight. Great riffing throughout. The source movie isn't that difficult of a watch and apart from some goofy stock footage, things come across more dated then incompetent. The story is a tad depressing with it's general moral depravity, but at least the pace never really drags.  In the lead roles, schmarmy 50s white guy and his neglected drunk of a wife give the guys plenty of great fodder. The host segments are a bit uneven, being only the second show of the Sci-Fi run, but overall this is a great episode. 4/5

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #552 on: August 16, 2009, 04:17:35 PM »
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!! "Your navel's very deep, Fingal, I can't see to the bottom of it!" What does that mean?!?!?!? It's a mystery. I love this episode so much, esp all the public TV parodies. I love how clearly this guy only scrolled up Casablanca once a couple years ago because they keep using other classic films and calling them Casablanca. But really, they hardly thought through the plot, and that's why it's so funny. "Fingal, are you single? give me a jingle!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5861
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #553 on: August 16, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
Well, I have actually watch Mitchell unedited, so here's the skinny.  There's a scene cut out that was actually exciting (well, relatively).  It involves Mitchell checking Saxon's character out (not that way) at a dirt track.  Mitchell ends up attack by Saxon's character in a dune buggy, but as it is chasing him, it ends up flipping because of an incline (I think, it's been a long time since I've seen it).  Then Mitchell bashes Saxon's head in with a rock (which is that slo-moed scene from the opening credits.  Also, there's a scene where Mitchell slams some poor suspects hand in a car door, cementing his unlikability.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #554 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »
Catalina Caper. I've always really liked this one. I know they had a rule about not riffing comedies, but this turd is so unfunny they can get away with riffing on how bad the jokes are. Tommy Kirk is great fodder for them, too. Makes me wish they had riffed Absent Minded Professor (even though I kind of like that movie).