Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174720 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »
The Giant Spider Invasion

"Ew, he's lactating."
What a...handsom man."

Offline irishfiddler

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
Fugitive alien 2 - every time Crow would say "Again?" in response to the name "Rocky" i would split my sides.

Manos, the Hands of Fate is still the most abominable thing I've ever seen, though.. followed by The Wild World of Batwoman... what a piece of crap!
Monster A Go-Go is also up there.
I get to watch these from the secret stash in my ITouch! 

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
Deadly Mantis

The first sci-fi episode I ever saw and still one of my favorites. Even though they've picked on old guys in tons of movies now, it's hard to beat their riffs on the poor professor guy here.  'Marie died, you know' gets me everytime.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »
THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN---so brilliant, and so underrated. It has a lot of things I love---"were you in the lab? SLAP!" "locks mean nothing to him," "gentle pressure", "what would you do?", the invisible guinea pigs, "I'm going to have to climb out, see?" etc. It cracks me up. Best part is the ending of course, how they have a nuclear blast in the house and say "there's nothing left to make ashes", but the house frame is still standing!! and so are the telephone poles!! hilarious.

JACK FROST---one of my all time favorites. I love how the girl's voice is dubbed with the dumbest 9 year old type voice ever. and the guy is like errol flynn, the female version. and why does he go to all the trouble with the mushroom guy, that whole bear ordeal to teach him humility, if the next thing he does is arrogantly turn "hunchback fairy's" house towards him and stick her in the oven. so WHAT was the point of the bear thing?!?! anyway, this is so brilliant because the material is so bad.

MERLIN'S SHOP OF MYSTICAL WONDERS---another all time favorite. "You're welcome!" we were noticing that this is 4 movies in one. clearly the evil monkey movie is from 1982ish and is filmed on film, and the ernest borgnine and merlin movies are from the 90s and they're filmed on video! so it's soooo obvious. i love the clairvoyant that gets angry at David, and zerella who gets prematurely mad at the jerk guy, and the evil twisted things in these movies that Ernest Borgnine tells to his grandson!! so brilliant.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »
906 The Space Children

Another of my favorite SciFi years episodes. "George Baily's in trouble...AGAIN!"  :D

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #485 on: July 07, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
I'm feeling it in my bones- even though I watched it this winter and I already wrote about it pages ago on this very thread, I feel the need for...

It Conquered the Earth.

Man I love that one.  So serious.  So dramatic.  So awful.

-dale

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
Earth vs Spider -

I never realized how much I like this one, it kicks off with a very fun short, as of right now it probably places somewhere in my Top 20.  A classic episode with strong skits and varied riffs, probably a good choice for people who are new to MST.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »
WEREWOLF

"You and Paul is in it for fame and fortune?"

The first half of this movie I laugh every second. SO great.

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:55 PM »
Earth vs Spider -

I never realized how much I like this one, it kicks off with a very fun short, as of right now it probably places somewhere in my Top 20.  A classic episode with strong skits and varied riffs, probably a good choice for people who are new to MST.

Same with Attack of the Giant Leeches - one of my other faves.  "I told you, I'm a jerk!"

-dale

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #489 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:45 AM »
MERLIN'S SHOP OF MYSTICAL WONDERS---another all time favorite. "You're welcome!" we were noticing that this is 4 movies in one. clearly the evil monkey movie is from 1982ish and is filmed on film, and the ernest borgnine and merlin movies are from the 90s and they're filmed on video! so it's soooo obvious. i love the clairvoyant that gets angry at David, and zerella who gets prematurely mad at the jerk guy, and the evil twisted things in these movies that Ernest Borgnine tells to his grandson!! so brilliant.

I just watched this last weekend, too.  It's such an awesome episode.  My favorite parts involve "Bob Jackass."  He's a highlight of the movie for me. "If she had a shop I'd crush her."  Hilarious!  This episode is easily in my top 10 favorite MST3K episodes. 

*Runs off to finally buy Vol. XV*
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2009, 07:40:55 AM »

I just watched this last weekend, too.  It's such an awesome episode.  My favorite parts involve "Bob Jackass."  He's a highlight of the movie for me. "If she had a shop I'd crush her."  Hilarious!  This episode is easily in my top 10 favorite MST3K episodes. 

*Runs off to finally buy Vol. XV*
"The cat screamed as the fire seared it's flesh..." "Oh, gampa Borgnine, no!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #491 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:47 PM »
I just finished watching "Are you ready for Marriage" short. I love this one! Although I can't get over how much the guy giving the lecture looks like a young Clancy Brown. I'm disappointed they didn't reference that. "You'll need to ask yourselves many questions." - Why are you getting marriage advice from The Kurgen?

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »
I just finished watching "Are you ready for Marriage" short. I love this one! Although I can't get over how much the guy giving the lecture looks like a young Clancy Brown. I'm disappointed they didn't reference that. "You'll need to ask yourselves many questions." - Why are you getting marriage advice from The Kurgen?

This is one of my all time favorite shorts. "WHERE'S THE RUBBER BAND?!?!"

Last night I watched The Girl in Gold Boots, always in my top 10 favorites, and usually in my top 5. I love how she doesn't care that her boss sells LSD, but it hurts her that Critter is a draft dodger. "A draft dodger?! You?!?!" Like he's the only draft dodger ever in the 60s. I freaking love this one though. the teleporting and the "dancing" and the "plot" that goes nowhere and how they call then icky elf "boy" and "kid", and "yak boy", and "She took 10 pounds of heroin and just fainted!" and "I wish I had my pretty mind back!" This one's a winner. But I love that at the beginning when they're "trying to get to LA" it's very obvious where they are, and it's in California like an hour or two away form LA. Well obvious to me who's been on I-15 a million times.

Also watched The Sinister Urge, during which a criminal climbed on my roof to escape the police. Weird.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #493 on: July 13, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »
Back to back eps last night:

808 the She Creature
809 I Was A Teenage Werewolf

Both classic episodes from the SciFi years.

"You blew up this man's wuuuuuuuuurrrld...."

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
Zombie Nightmare.  Never'd seen it before.

Well, there was a zombie, and the movie was a nightmare, so that worked out.  Main douchebaggy guy with the Duran Duran hair reminded me a LOT of Tom Byron.   I liked the episode, and the Mads doing the voodoo dancing to the drums almost made me spit out my rum & Coke.  Good stuff.

Tonight might be ...Girl in Lovers Lane!  I've not seen that one either.

-dale