Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174737 times)

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

Just watched Pod People---love it because it's so bad. Is is in british english dubbed in american english or something? whole thing is worth "Idiot Patrol"

I wondered the same thing myself.   

Wasn't it a Danish film or something?

-dale

Doctor Who?

« Reply #466 on: June 08, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
The Crawling hand.

Wow the dumbest horror movie I have ever seen.

At least the jokes were good.

I have to say even though they are not as polished they have a certain simple charm.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
Ring of Terror

A big part of the fun of being a mstie is that many episodes seem to get better with repeat viewings.  Unfortunately, not this one. My third or fourth viewing. The endless spate of old college student jokes are too hit and miss and there's not much else in this dull dud of a film to keep this one afloat.

Then again, it was probably a bad idea to watch this right after Deathstalker & the Warriors from Hell, one of my favorites. Wizard delousing is a tough act to follow.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

Just watched Pod People---love it because it's so bad. Is is in british english dubbed in american english or something? whole thing is worth "Idiot Patrol"

-dale

well the funny thing is all the britishisms in american accents like "what's wrong with him then?" and "do you think the weather will hold?" and so many more. so maybe it's been dubbed so many times that it was once an African gangster film in Swahili set in China. who knows
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #469 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
Deathstalker & Warriors from Hell

Hilarious throughout. One of the best. I love Rifftrax, CT and all the rest of it, but nothing beats MST at it's prime. I hope shout factory releases this soon.  My copy is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Agreed. So funny. "Are you guys talking in here? It is bed time!" My poor pirated copy is so scratched. They must needs release it. "I put the---beats in my -----script and I'm sticking---- with them"

Crow: "Mike, were there crackers in the middle ages!?"  LOL!  :D

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »
Devil Doll

Look, I don't even WANT the damn sandwich anymore!!

Whenever I think of the scenes in MST that made me laugh the most the two segments in this one where Vorelli puts on his act always come to mind.  I showed this episode to a friend last night to see if it was just me.  He laughed even harder than I did!  And the rest of the episode is no slouch either. Pretty hilarious from start to finish.  The best of the british episodes.   

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
Crow/Trace dropping "I'll have a vodka sandwich" just kills me. 

-dale

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »
Creeping Terror

Not as funny as I remembered but still pretty darn funny.  70% of this film is literally watching the walking carpet monster creep around. This makes it challenging for the boys to come up with inventive riffs throughout, despite having the most ridiculous looking monster in movie history to riff on. They succeed more often than not, however. Despite the goofy-ass monster eating everybody in town, my favorite bits are the riffs on the narrator. Mike always shines on films with narration.  I think it's one of the main reasons why the shorts are some of the best stuff they do. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2009, 10:01:16 AM »
Creeping Terror

Not as funny as I remembered but still pretty darn funny.  70% of this film is literally watching the walking carpet monster creep around. This makes it challenging for the boys to come up with inventive riffs throughout, despite having the most ridiculous looking monster in movie history to riff on. They succeed more often than not, however. Despite the goofy-ass monster eating everybody in town, my favorite bits are the riffs on the narrator. Mike always shines on films with narration.  I think it's one of the main reasons why the shorts are some of the best stuff they do. 
"It was a fascinating conversation."

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »
520 - Radar Secret Service (with the short Last Clear Chance!)

I LOVE this episode, mostly because this episode starts off with a CLASSIC skit in my opinion.  I didn't know about this skit until I saw this episode, to me this short of a deranged police officer stalking a farm family (ok that's not the main story but you'll see).   I consider this short to be up there with Hired! , Cheating and Once Upon a Honeymoon.

Up and down skits keep this from being all it could be.

Solid riffing for the movie parts, some highlites include:

Mike reminding us that Jesus himself invented Radar!

Crow stating "It's not the Radar, it's the size of the amplitude, if you know what I mean"

All in all solid work, but the short makes it mucho funo!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
520 - Radar Secret Service (with the short Last Clear Chance!)

I LOVE this episode, mostly because this episode starts off with a CLASSIC skit in my opinion.  I didn't know about this skit until I saw this episode, to me this short of a deranged police officer stalking a farm family (ok that's not the main story but you'll see).   I consider this short to be up there with Hired! , Cheating and Once Upon a Honeymoon.

Up and down skits keep this from being all it could be.

Solid riffing for the movie parts, some highlites include:

Mike reminding us that Jesus himself invented Radar!

Crow stating "It's not the Radar, it's the size of the amplitude, if you know what I mean"

All in all solid work, but the short makes it mucho funo!
Last Clear Chance has one of my favorite riffs ever: "Can you identify this bucket of your brother?"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »

-dale

well the funny thing is all the britishisms in american accents like "what's wrong with him then?" and "do you think the weather will hold?" and so many more. so maybe it's been dubbed so many times that it was once an African gangster film in Swahili set in China. who knows

According to IMDB, it was a "Spanish/French" coproduction.    Whoever did the dubbing must have been a temp.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:11 PM »
Jack Frost 813
A classic season 8 episode  :clap:

I hope this one gets released commercially someday.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #478 on: June 19, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »
Jack Frost 813
A classic season 8 episode  :clap:

I hope this one gets released commercially someday.

I LOVE that one!! I too eagerly await the DVD. "That's a girl! I thought I was a girl!"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
The Giant Spider Invasion

"Ew, he's lactating."
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)