Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 174723 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
Just as a note though...I think most folks who post in this thread are 're-watching' the episodes the write about...at least I know I am.

But it is weird to think that some folks haven't seen all of the eps yet.

Offline Claude

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »
Christ, it took me like 10 years to track down and watch every episode. It's not that surprising that everyone has not managed to do it. There are a buttload of mst3k episodes and some are very hard to find.

Doc Steve

« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »
Christ, it took me like 10 years to track down and watch every episode. It's not that surprising that everyone has not managed to do it. There are a buttload of mst3k episodes and some are very hard to find.

http://www.castleforrester.com/

DVDs of all of the episodes not released on Rhino or Shout! for $7.00 each.  There are other retailers, but I can personally recommend this one.  I met this guy by trading tapes about twelve years ago. 

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

http://www.castleforrester.com/

DVDs of all of the episodes not released on Rhino or Shout! for $7.00 each.  There are other retailers, but I can personally recommend this one.  I met this guy by trading tapes about twelve years ago. 

I've been promising myself for the last 3 XMases that my present to myself was going to be a big chunk of his DVDs.  Maybe this year I'll actually do it... :)

-dale

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »
The She Creature. It's in progress actually. But...

"Where is she?" "I don't know, but she's in the ocean, preparing to come out." Tom: "So she's a Scuba-Diving Lesbian?"

Doctor Who?

« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
Lazerblast

This could have been an Ok movie if it had been about a guy fighting aliens and killing people in a town instead of a dozen sub plots that went nowhere.

Still this is one of the funniest episodes ever.  I loved Mike as Captain Janeway. 

Did Lennard Maltin really give this movie two and a half stars?

Part the Clonus Horror.

This was an ok 70s sci-movie,it's still very riffible but unlike most movies on MST3k the plot made pretty good sense and it was well shot,good to see the writer was such a good sport.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »
Lazerblast

This could have been an Ok movie if it had been about a guy fighting aliens and killing people in a town instead of a dozen sub plots that went nowhere.

Still this is one of the funniest episodes ever.  I loved Mike as Captain Janeway. 

Did Lennard Maltin really give this movie two and a half stars?

Part the Clonus Horror.

This was an ok 70s sci-movie,it's still very riffible but unlike most movies on MST3k the plot made pretty good sense and it was well shot,good to see the writer was such a good sport.

They were reading directly out of the Leonard Maltin Movie Guide that came out that year. Either he gave it 2 and a half stars or someone involved in his book did. I'm glad the writer for Clonus was a good sport about it as well. Wish I could say the same for guys like Ray Dennis Steckler.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »
Good night!

That is one of the most insane things I have ever heard.

I wish more people didn't mind being mock then maybe we could buy DvDs with the Rifftrax as an extra.

Offline netrage

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »
Season 3 Ep. 1 - Cave Dwellers

Wow, this one is HORRIBLE. This was a movie that should have gone straight to trash barrel. It wasn't even good enough to go straight to video. Well as in, bad movie, the riffing on it was classic though.

"Hey look at the horse, I bet he made that too..."

"Look at her, she already has a plate!"

Then of course the ending..

"What do you want from us? We're EVIL!!"

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2008, 12:37:40 PM »
Pod People

Such good host segments.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »
I too just watched Lazerblast for the first time. Holy moley, what were those "filmmakers" (to use the term liberally) thinking? And why did Roddy McDowell lower himself (much like Jack Palance in Angel's Revenge)? And why did Keenan Wynn? What I cannot help wondering is just where the chest coin comes from, why the gun turns him into a monster, why the aliens left the gun on Earth if they keep having to come down and kill whoever uses it, why the idiot girl sleeps with him if he's such a loser, and so many other questions concerning the "plot", such as it is, that it makes my head spin. But the riffing was hilarious, as usual. "He said he'd kill you next time you set foot on the place." "Finally we have someone to root for!"

I also recently re-watched one of my favorite shorts, "A Date With Your Family." "He won't spend a lot of time on the phone either--he's mute!" Who knows why they made so many educational films in the '50s about such random things!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2008, 04:27:58 PM »
...Roddy McDowell lower himself (much like Jack Palance in Angel's Revenge)?

Or Outlaw.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2008, 08:13:59 AM »

"Hey, put your dwarf on oscillating." - Crow

I watched Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Doctor Who?

« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2009, 09:13:34 AM »
First Spaceship on Venus.

What an awful movie,what country was it made in?

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »
According to IMDb:

Language: German
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)