login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 175143 times)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2008, 01:01:07 PM »
Human Duplicators

I  had my monthly  MST meet-up last night and we watched this episode.  It was basically a hit and enjoyed by all, however some of the riffs were extremely dated and flew over the heads of the younger folks. I've always found this to be more of an issue with the Joel episodes.  After the episode we watched some rifftrax shorts and the younger people in the group seemed to appreciate those a little more.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
Stranded in Space

Only my second time watching this.  I won't go as far as to say this tv pilot for a series that never happened was a good film. I will admit,however,  that I found the premise interesting and think it might've made an interesting series. And I thought Glenn Corbett did a decent job in the lead.

As an MST episode, it's okay.  Some good riffing. Nothing special but perhaps worth a little more attention than it gets.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
I reintroduced several people with a vague recollection of the show by subjecting them to Werewolf. I'm amazed I could survive watching it twice in the same week myself. It also served as a training session for a pottential riffing partner of mine. We thought we were on a roll the first time through our chosen film but the 2nd effort was mostly pitiful and a dry run of another movie sputtered out quickly. (turns out bad 70's horror can actually be upsetting for some) Anyway, I thought he needed to see what I consider the riffing all-star team in their prime.

Back on the episode, it never ceases to amaze me how you can always run into a joke you didn't notice the first two dozen times you watched any given episode, even if you watch it twice in a row.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:15 AM »
Watched Future War a few weeks ago. 

"This is what happens when you deregulate credits."
"Mike, get back here.  The credits are really long and all the actors have really stupid names."
"I forget, am I Ving Rhames?"
"What is this, a halfway house for huge guys?"

And zipped through a few episodes just to watch some host segments.  I liked the Urkel bits from San Francisco International, and Tom and Crow's bad reaction to the Gumby short from The Screaming Skull.

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »
San Francisco International is in my top 5 for sure.  Maybe I'll pop that in tongiht.

-dale

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »
"I'll pick up that Tab!"

Watched Gorgo last night.  Great episode.  "Something about a knish?"

Offline Lazarus Dark

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »
So... As I'm afraid some of the dvd sets may be going out of print soon, I'm trying to accelerate my purchases and catch up on the volumes, I've got about half so far. Thing is... well how about Godzilla vs. Megalon, right? Volume 10.2 . I see it selling for like two hundred used . Then I remembered... didn't I see that on Netflix once? I checked Netflix and sure enough, they have it. Incredible. If it was recalled, I wonder how Netflix kept it. So I rented it. And now I'm thinking... sure I could make a copy. I mean, I can't buy it, so I don't consider it wrong. But then again... how much would netflix charge me if I "lost" it. hehe. Or maybe it got "lost" in the mail, right?

>:D

Nah, guess I'll do the right thing and return it so fellow MSTies can rent it!

Still... I wonder how much one could get for selling just the dvd...

(I'm totally joking of course, it's just really weird to have them shipping around such a valuable dvd.)

Offline glitterninja

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • She Blogged By Night
« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »
Future War

I can't believe I haven't seen this before.  Sorry I'm late, my sleeves fell off.

Btw, I agree Dalem, "San Francisco International" is one of my favorites.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »
Laser Blast. I don't generally give the Season 7 episodes much though, but this one is excellent. I never get tired of hearing them give the '70s shit.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
The Castle of Fu Manchu - one of the best.  I don't care what anyone says.

Starts out with the great SOL song.  God-awful movie.  I'm all for people who want to employ the blind - but not as cinematographers.

And there are more great jokes just in that one scene of Nayland Smith and Petrie on their fishing trip than in any KTMA and a couple of Sci-Fi's.

Smith: "Liner Sinks! Thousands Drown!"
Petrie: Where?
Crow: In the water!

Smith (to guy on bicycle): What brings you here?
Crow: My bicycle!

(Guy hands Smith a note)
Servo (singing): Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh....Harry and the kids are dead..Harry and the kids...

Smith (to guy on bicycle): Thanks for coming
Joel: Well, I didn't mean to but the new seat on the bicycle....
Servo: Joel!!!  No, no!!!

(Petrie waving his sandwich around)
Crow: Don't wave your little Sizzler at me, Dad.

And that's just in a few minutes!!!!!  Don't understand why people rag on this episode at all.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
So... As I'm afraid some of the dvd sets may be going out of print soon, I'm trying to accelerate my purchases and catch up on the volumes, I've got about half so far. Thing is... well how about Godzilla vs. Megalon, right? Volume 10.2 . I see it selling for like two hundred used .

Just mentioning....there is an unopened copy for sale on Amazon Marketplace that, if you buy it you get an unopened copy of The Giant Gila Monster to go with it.

It's in the "Collectable" part.

Just so you know.

:)

Offline bol316

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »
Red Zone Cuba

Night Traaaaaaaaaaaain to de ennnnnnnnnnnd
Look people, it's "I COULDN'T care less, not COULD!" UGHHH!!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2008, 12:38:35 PM »
Red Zone Cuba

The most cheerful movie ever made.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »
Red Zone Cuba

The most cheerful movie ever made.

I would love to have interviewed Coleman Francis to try to nail down what was going on in his head when he made his 'trilogy.'  His three films are among my favorite MST episodes. MST did plenty of horrible films but these three horrible films truly seem to be aiming for some form of high art, which puts them in a league all their  own.  Coleman Francis was the Ingmar Bergman of bad movies.
'

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
He did Red Zone and Skydivers, right?  What was his other contribution?

-dale