Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 172115 times)

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 77
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1620 on: October 24, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
The Day the Earth Froze and Deathstalker and the Warriors From Hell

The Day for some odd reason didn't really work for me all that well. I think it's a lot because the movie itself feels like a narrative of events rather than a movie. I know it's based on some European tale so it sort of is, but the style just threw me. I get why other people like it, though.

Deathstalker and Five Dead Guys. Now this has always been a personal favorite of mine. Probably Outlaw (of Gor) is the only mst/riff of this genre I like more. Everything worked, the pacing on it was good enough something to be made fun of was always happening. The lead was douchy but in a laughable way. And I recognized Hawk from Buck Rogers immidiately. Which surprised me since I haven't seen it in this century. Even the skits all worked which only enhanced the experience. I never actually ranked my faves, but this is top tier for me.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 77
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1621 on: February 25, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
Boggy Creek II: The Legend Continues

I remembered this as being hilarious when I saw it first run on tv. Having only seen it for the second time, I found it solid, but not great. They kept the riffs going during a lot of the slow parts, and actually the horrible flashbacks to kill time helped keep the guys rolling since the different perspective gave the guys material to work with. But the film suffers from meandering boredom, rather than outright absurdity. And thus the jokes only relate to that. Carter Lake Monster had more going for it, despite being on a similar budget, so that was both a stronger riff and movie. I did love Kevin calling out for the girls to mud wrestle constantly, which would have livened up the movie tremendously, but as it is it's still fun to watch. Last quarter with the bib overall man boobs was all the over the top there was.