login

Author Topic: I Just Finished Watching...  (Read 164245 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: I Just Finished Watching...
« Reply #1605 on: July 02, 2019, 10:42:43 AM »
The Atomic Brain. This was a really good episode. It just may be my favorite non-Japanese Black & White MST3K episode.
I love the "She's old" song o the repetitive music.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #1606 on: July 04, 2019, 12:25:31 AM »
The Atomic Brain. This was a really good episode. It just may be my favorite non-Japanese Black & White MST3K episode.
I love the "She's old" song o the repetitive music.

Yeah, this is an "underrated" episode.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 166
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1607 on: July 16, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »
I just watched 320 The Unearthly. This episode has what is, in my humble opinion, the greatest line in all of cinema. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give you a hint: it's the stinger. This is easily #9 on my favorite episodes.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1608 on: July 19, 2019, 06:18:39 AM »
I just watched 1204 The Day Time Ended. This movie is amazingly boring. It reminds me of Starcrash in that it has a lot of elements that should be interesting (especially the stop motion aliens), but it's so incompetently put together that they are mishandled, and it's frustrating. I will give the movie credit that the grandfather does immediately decide to take the woman and girl away when they say they want to leave, rather than try to do the macho thing and stick it out. The movie also gives them a really good reason for why they can't use the car, although again it's a scene that should have been creepy but just comes off as boring.

Also, the song "Concepts" kept making me think that must have been how Phantasm was written.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 166
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1609 on: July 23, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
I just watched 1204 The Day Time Ended. This movie is amazingly boring. It reminds me of Starcrash in that it has a lot of elements that should be interesting (especially the stop motion aliens), but it's so incompetently put together that they are mishandled, and it's frustrating. I will give the movie credit that the grandfather does immediately decide to take the woman and girl away when they say they want to leave, rather than try to do the macho thing and stick it out. The movie also gives them a really good reason for why they can't use the car, although again it's a scene that should have been creepy but just comes off as boring.

Also, the song "Concepts" kept making me think that must have been how Phantasm was written.

This is one of my favorite episodes, because

A) I love the riffs (such as "They Might Be Giants", "Wise Men Still Seek Him", and the "Steakmilk" one, among many others)
B) The concepts song is golden
C) The movie is genuine WTF-ery loosely bound by its ending (and not very well, I might add).

Darth Geek, did you like the episode even if you found the movie boring?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1610 on: July 23, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »

A) I love the riffs (such as "They Might Be Giants", "Wise Men Still Seek Him", and the "Steakmilk" one, among many others)
C) The movie is genuine WTF-ery loosely bound by its ending (and not very well, I might add).

I do like the episode. Not my favorite of Season 12, but it's still watchable. The movie may be boring, but the riffs are enough to make up for it.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 301
« Reply #1611 on: July 27, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »

I do like the episode. Not my favorite of Season 12, but it's still watchable. The movie may be boring, but the riffs are enough to make up for it.

Weird. I didn't find it boring at all. So much strange wackiness to take in. My favorite ep of the new era. I'd say the only one that reaches the heights of the best eps from the Joel/Mike times.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #1612 on: August 17, 2019, 08:05:58 AM »
620 Danger Death Ray
On Pluto TV as I was doing my Saturday morning chores. An episode that in the past I thought was middle of the road, but the parts I caught this time were all pretty great and I'm going to have to watch it start to finish soon. What really stood out for me was that I recently watched Mac and Me from Season 12 and man, the riffs in Death Ray came across as people watching a movie and making jokes as opposed to jokes much more obviously written in advance and being delivered on cue, the riffs reflected the riffers characters, and the host segments did a great job of breaking up the movie and didn't come across as filler.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #1613 on: August 18, 2019, 03:45:29 PM »
620 Danger Death Ray
On Pluto TV as I was doing my Saturday morning chores. An episode that in the past I thought was middle of the road, but the parts I caught this time were all pretty great and I'm going to have to watch it start to finish soon. What really stood out for me was that I recently watched Mac and Me from Season 12 and man, the riffs in Death Ray came across as people watching a movie and making jokes as opposed to jokes much more obviously written in advance and being delivered on cue, the riffs reflected the riffers characters, and the host segments did a great job of breaking up the movie and didn't come across as filler.

It's one of my top ten.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1614 on: August 21, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
Honestly i'm not finished with it yet, but I am watching the Newer MST3K episode Star Crash. I got to be honest, there are things I kind of dislike, but as far as the jokes go, the new writers and everyone absolutely nails it. I'm just having a hard time getting used to Toms new voice.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #1615 on: August 21, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
The Sinister Urge Dear god, Ed Wood. The movie itself is an unfunny turd, as opposed to Plan Nine which is a ridiculously hilarious turd. I know the guys did the best they could, but there are limits to what you can do when you're dealt nothing to work with. Sometime you can get a Red Zone Cuba, but mostly it ends up like this. Middling fare.

I will say Ed did get the concept of how a serial killer works before it was a popular idea to use in entertainment.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1616 on: August 24, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
620 Danger Death Ray

It's one of my top ten.
Still not sure it would be in my top 10, but watched it start to finish with my full attention and would move it on to my list of one the the best- top 30 at least.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1617 on: August 24, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
Honestly i'm not finished with it yet, but I am watching the Newer MST3K episode Star Crash. I got to be honest, there are things I kind of dislike, but as far as the jokes go, the new writers and everyone absolutely nails it. I'm just having a hard time getting used to Toms new voice.
Was totally disappointed in that one. MFT3K's take on it was better (fan project that produced 5 episodes with sets, bots, and all- low budget and weird voices, but well done).