login

Author Topic: Any chance of doing more Trek films?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
Any chance of doing more Trek films?
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »
It's been a while since they've riffed any Trek films. I wonder if there were any more on the plate. I haven't seen III in a while, but that seemed to follow the "Odd and even" curse that befelled TOS films.

I mean "Wrath Of Khan" probably remains to be the best Trek film to date, but even that has some good riffing potential.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3780
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Any chance of doing more Trek films?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
I'm For ANY New Star Treks, though several others have voiced oposition so soon after their last release.. :-\

You May want to do a poll to see if we're ready for another Star Trek RiffTrax

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:04:21 AM »
It's been a while since they've riffed any Trek films. I wonder if there were any more on the plate. I haven't seen III in a while, but that seemed to follow the "Odd and even" curse that befelled TOS films.

I mean "Wrath Of Khan" probably remains to be the best Trek film to date, but even that has some good riffing potential.

Why, yes.  Yes, it does.

As to which "Wrath of Khan" fan-riff I recommend ... hmmm, toughie, but I've gotta go with MINE!  I mean, those other guys didn't even write a script!
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Doctor Who?

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »
I would like to see them do one of the two hour tv pilots instead of another movie.

Encounter at Farpoint,Emissary,The Voyager one that I can't remember the name of,and Broken Bow are all weaker then any of the movies save Nemesis.

Offline DrForester

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • You Read It, You Can't Unread it
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Rifftrax should do the final episode of Enterprise.  The worst hour of Star Trek ever filmed.  Worse than Star Trek 5.  Worse than the TNG episode, Sub Rosa.  So bad even 2 members of the cast didn't go to the wrap party.

Yeah, they look just like they did 15 years ago.
You Read It, You Can't Un-Read It

Doctor Who?

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »
I saw the first five or ten minutes of that episode once and then I switched it off to spare myself the pain.

I mean Enterprise pulled itself out of the gutter in season four and produced the first good Star trek in years and this is how they end it!!!

I like to pretend that Enterprise ended with the episode before that.

Offline DrForester

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • You Read It, You Can't Unread it
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »
One of the season's writers said that he considers Terra Prime to be the real last ep also.
You Read It, You Can't Un-Read It

Doctor Who?

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
This just goes to confirm what i have always suspected,that i am smarter then Rick Berman.

I just don't understand why they needed another episode,that episode had a pretty good ending for the show.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »
Yeah, that last ep was just about the tardest idea ever.  It'd make a great rifftrax!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

TheHumanDuplicator

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
anything but star trek 2.

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:24:07 AM »
anything but star trek 2.

Awwww, I'm hurt.

Really, give it a chance.  I love Fellowship of the Ring, and I love the Rifftrax for it, and the latter has not diminished my enjoyment of the former.  Good movies can make for good riffs.

Unless you weren't saying that because you're a big Wrath of Khan fan.  Then never mind.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

TheHumanDuplicator

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 07:47:06 AM »
i love wrath of khan.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:52 AM »
I sill vote First Contact. But yes, dfenitely they should do more Trek.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
Yes, they have to do Insurrection at some point, Nemesis is almost as bad but Insurrection has sooo much potential for wicked riffs. 

The first movie was pretty boring, long pointless scenes, hard to say if that would be good or bad for a good rifftrax.

I think Khan would make a good riff.

#3 would be next best after Insurrection and Nemesis.

#4 already has quite a bit of humor in it, might be the hardest to riff.

I don't ever want to see the last episode of Enterprise again, even if they do a rifftrax for it.

Farpoint would be great.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:26 AM »
Wrath of Khan is one of my favorite movies of all time... and it's the only Trek film I ever bother revisting. That said, I think its easily the most riffable one that they haven't done yet. You've got one of the greatest scenery chew-off battles of all-time between the Shat and Ricardo... along with a solid chunk of screentime for Chekov. Not to mention it's a pretty entertaining watch and everything moves along at a decent clip.

The Motion Picture suffers from too much padding / dead air. The Search for Spock is probably their best effort from the first three films before everybody decided the whole franchise should be a joke / excuse for a paycheck. While it does have some solid Shatner scenery chewing and Dr. Emmitt Brown as a Klingon going for it... I don't think it lends itself to the treatment anywhere near the level that Khan does. When they searched for whales... things started going off the rails... but I guess if they ever wanted to think about doing a "comedy", this one would make for an interesting test subject. I think after that... you are purely into the realm of the TNG folks... and sorry... they are just dull, listless movies (save for maybe First Contact)... and riffability would have to suffer greatly without Shatner and company to kick around.

I like the idea of maybe doing a double feature of TOS episodes... maybe the pilot, maybe something else... But I think DVD availablity would probably limit sales, at least in comparison to the box office releases.