login

Author Topic: Thoughts & Favorite Lines  (Read 20443 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2667
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Thoughts & Favorite Lines
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 07:59:20 AM »
Its too bad this wasn't shown on MST3K, I can just picture one of the host segments having Saftey Woman berating Mike and the bots about how unsafe the satelite of love is.

YES!!! Bridgett as Safety Woman! I always loved it when Bridgett was on. She was really hot as Nuveena in that Marylin Monroe outfit.
I would have loved her to be talking about how unsafe the bots themselves were. Crow with his spindly, sharp features, Tom with his glass globe if it breaks, etc.

Could have been a great running gag, you know the bots wouldn't listen to her, every host segment they could have been doing something dangerous and Safety Woman would have to keep coming back every time...

Offline ninjacat11

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • The Literal Surrealist
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »
Amazing short. One question: Why would you carpet your walls?

"Someone showed an Ed Wood movie. It gave her extraordinary powers of laughing till she snorted whole sandwiches through her nose."
That's one of my favorite lines, actually.

Also:
"This key could kill you."

"Give me back my soul!"

"Did you enjoy the poster I projected into your mind, Ms. Kingsley?"

"Oxygen: Sourge of mankind."

"It's an early draft of Guernica."

"We all need to learn to read labels more carefully, Tommy."
"But first, we should learn to read, Tommy."

"Hitler's desk fan! AAAHHHH!"

"Safetywoman was played by actress Susan Valdes, who was later killed when she slipped on a wet floor while carrying a power drill and stumbled into a desk fan, knocking over an open bottle of bleach into a hot skillet which exploded, throwing her to the ground and causing her loaded gun to go off. The end."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:17:50 PM by ninjacat11 »

Offline JJohnson

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
Please do the sequel to this: http://www.archive.org/details/safety_in_danger - I loved this short!   You've done great work on the shorts, so please, keep 'em coming!  Just one little request - please keep Mike, Bill, and Kevin together as much as possible.  This is as close to mst3k as I can get.

James

Offline ninjacat11

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • The Literal Surrealist
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »
Please do the sequel to this: http://www.archive.org/details/safety_in_danger - I loved this short!   You've done great work on the shorts, so please, keep 'em coming!  Just one little request - please keep Mike, Bill, and Kevin together as much as possible.  This is as close to mst3k as I can get.

James
There's a sequel? Might be the wrong place for this, but stioll.

Yes, Mike and co., get on this one.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
"Me...I...want...a...hula...hoop!"
"have a dry area with you at all times"
filing the tools and gun in the cabinet

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »
Getting caught up on these older shorts....love this riff.

Loved "Later on after she'd made the long trip out of her car door....", "Uh oh, may have a Mary Kay Laturno (sp) here." and "I love out walks together, Miss Kingsley....can we talk about the dangers of drowning now?"

(is that what the sequel is about? I seem to remember a drowning short with a female superhero)

One question....what the hell did the kid, Kevin have on top of the raw hamburger he just put on the stove to cook?  You wouldn't put cheese on at that point.  I've heard of frying burgers in butter but not a stick and a half!

Maybe instead of E-Coli Awareness Boy this kid should meet Captain Block Arteries.

Amazing short. One question: Why would you carpet your walls?

Sound proofs the room and helps insulate.

But who says it was the wall (besides Kevin)?  I've worked plenty of places were they have electrical outlets built into the floor...surrounded by carpet.