login

Author Topic: New Fan Riff, KidTrax: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory  (Read 2190 times)

Offline CartoonDiablo

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • You callin' me racist?
New Fan Riff, KidTrax: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
« on: March 30, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
Ok well I know what your thinking "But Mike and Doogie Howser already did that movie!" well THEY did that movie now it's YOUR chance to riff it.

Similar to Riff Raff Theatre, KidTrax takes your riffs and implements them where needed. The difference being it does both your riffs and ours and we go by what's the funniest so don't think we won't include your joke if it interferes with one of ours.

Also we use our specially made 100% not ripped off scripting template you need to follow to submit your work.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/cd8ac006c6_0.04MB

Scripts are due May 5th so get working and good riffings.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:47:25 AM by CartoonDiablo »

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: New Fan Riff, KidTrax: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »
Ok well I know what your thinking "But Mike and Doogie Howser already did that movie!"

Yeeeeeeah, I'm not going to do this.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:50:25 PM »
I wanted to try and help but your template doesn't seem to work with any program I have on my computer,what program do i have to open it with?

Thanks.

Also do you want comments to be kept G Rated for the kids?

Invader_quirk

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »
I thought it was a bad idea when Rifftrax did it... Wouldn't you rather do Power Rangers?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:04:11 PM »
Did they run out of kid's movies?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »
I don't get your whole concept CartoonDiablo.

One post said your starting your own project.   The next one says you want to get the Riff Raff Theater guys attention and call for scripts for Hackers.  Then 3 days later you say you've finished the script.  Then a new thread saying you're moving on to this one.  And what about you're Shark Boy and Lava Girl thing. 

Not trying to be mean but what are you doing?  Are you planning on recording riffs yourself because the Hackers thread didn't sound like it. 

I'm not opposed to helping out new projects but you haven't been clear about what you're asking for or even how much you are willing to do. 

And just to clear up any confusion you may have about the Riff Raff guys- they write their own scripts and combine them with submitted ones and turn it into a coherent entity.  I don't know if you thought that they did no writing themselves or if they only took jokes for spots that they didn't have any but neither of these is the case.

Offline CartoonDiablo

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • You callin' me racist?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »
I wanted to try and help but your template doesn't seem to work with any program I have on my computer,what program do i have to open it with?

Thanks.

There aren't any limits to the comments as I would doubt many parents download riffs to watch with thier kids.

Anyways it opens in Microsoft Excel. 

Offline CartoonDiablo

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • You callin' me racist?
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
I don't get your whole concept CartoonDiablo.

One post said your starting your own project.   The next one says you want to get the Riff Raff Theater guys attention and call for scripts for Hackers.  Then 3 days later you say you've finished the script.  Then a new thread saying you're moving on to this one.  And what about you're Shark Boy and Lava Girl thing. 

Not trying to be mean but what are you doing?  Are you planning on recording riffs yourself because the Hackers thread didn't sound like it. 

I'm not opposed to helping out new projects but you haven't been clear about what you're asking for or even how much you are willing to do. 

And just to clear up any confusion you may have about the Riff Raff guys- they write their own scripts and combine them with submitted ones and turn it into a coherent entity.  I don't know if you thought that they did no writing themselves or if they only took jokes for spots that they didn't have any but neither of these is the case.

Well alright it's like this. I initially wanted to do a Hackers Riff but it didn't fit the KidTrax concept so I figured I can make a script for it and send it to the Riff Raff guys,

Then I figured I could scrap the Shark Boy and Lava Girl or at least not make it my first one because I wanted a movie that a lot of people would have at least owned or seen the first time. Now that you bring it up doing Willy Wonka was probably a bad idea. I think I'll just let this thread die and make a new one explaining all the confusion.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »

Thanks.

There aren't any limits to the comments as I would doubt many parents download riffs to watch with thier kids.

Anyways it opens in Microsoft Excel. 

OK.

thanks.