Author Topic: The 'When not if' stack  (Read 5431 times)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
The 'When not if' stack
« on: November 13, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »
Should we have a hall of fame of movies that are very probable to be riffed? A list that is more of a question of 'when not if' movies?
Including things like
LOTR  (we pretty much know one of these will happen sooner or later ...probably sooner)
Batman and Robin (very high likelyhood)
Titanic (been mentioned as a dream project from them for years)
Troll 2 (JUST KIDDING!)

If so, what else goes on the list?
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: The 'When not if' stack
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »
Jurrasic Park

no basis for this, just my opinion that it will be

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:02:39 PM »
Titanic and Jurassic Park are gimmes, but I'm not so sure about about Lord Of The Rings. While I'd bet they'd make for great RiffTrax, I don't see it happening. Too many strikes against them - very long, you really should do all three, and Mike has repeatedly stated that he enjoyed them, being a Tolkien fan. It wouldn't bother me to riff them even though I love the movies, but Mike seems to only want to target movies he feels "deserve it," thus the rather mean-spirited Riffs of late.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:30:01 PM by Capt. Sharktopus »

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »
I will admit that your reasons carry weight. Time will tell, but that means that we should continue to play those as 'Rifftrax we want done!' then.

Jurassic Park does seem to be a very good candidate for a shoo in as well
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:32:01 PM »
Yes, I think you will see Jurassic Park. I also have an inkling that someday we will see Braveheart ;)

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 04:50:22 PM »
I'll bet we'll see a Michael Bay movie in the near future, The Rock, Armageddon, or The Island.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »
I'll bet we'll see a Michael Bay movie in the near future, The Rock, Armageddon, or The Island.

Absolutely. The riffing world would certainly come full circle with an Island RiffTrak, but I think Armageddon is the clear favorite.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »
Titanic and Jurassic Park are gimmes, but I'm not so sure about about Lord Of The Rings. While I'd bet they'd make for great RiffTrax, I don't see it happening. Too many strikes against them - very long, you really should do all three, and Mike has repeatedly stated that he enjoyed them, being a Tolkien fan.

Mike has also said that he wants to get him, Bill and Kevin together for an "epic" RiffTrax (something around the length of those movies), and that LOTR would be a good candidate.

As I hated those films so much, I say, go for it. Riff all three of 'em. That's the only way I'd be able to sit through 'em again.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »
Mike has also said that he wants to get him, Bill and Kevin together for an "epic" RiffTrax (something around the length of those movies), and that LOTR would be a good candidate.

I think Titanic would also fit under the "epic" banner, if only due to length. Many of us have been dying to see what they could do with it since the short taste from the MST3K Oscar special.

Titanic Captain: "I'm gonna sink this bitch."

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
Titanic Captain: "I'm gonna sink this bitch."

hahaha...classic!

I can't wait till the day they do Titanic. And yes, it needs to be a '3-some'...uh...meaning it should be Mike, Kevin and Bill in on the riffing.

Offline grhmk

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:10:05 AM »
the only problem with titanic is I vowed never to see it.

jurassic park - yes

Offline AmazingThor

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Spam fed the Russian army
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »
Idependance Day. It just begs to be riffed.

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 08:15:54 PM »
I also have an inkling that someday we will see Braveheart ;)

Oh, I hope so. I hated that movie so much, yet it keeps cropping up as one of people's favorites from time to time. Drives me nuts. So, yes; I would dearly love to see that cinematic turd stomped on.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline Odarmenian

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »
I feel bad suggesting Titanic simply because I wouldn't want to subject anyone to watching that movie the requisite number of times through it would take to riff it.  I mean...you'd have to clear out a good week and a half.

Offline RDNZL

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

Absolutely. The riffing world would certainly come full circle with an Island RiffTrak, but I think Armageddon is the clear favorite.
Yeah, Armageddon.  Definitely.  Buddy movie, idiotic leaps of logic, the various hokey scenes of life back on Earth, completely predictible plot, conflict between the crusty Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck, and - of course - the patented Michael Bay SHAKEY CAM (ask for it by name).  Laugh out loud dumb on its own. 

At times I thought I was watching a Chevy pickup commercial.  You'd see the amber waves of grain and an American flag at sunset and I'd hear this Bob Seger voice in my head:  "Like a rock..."

The Island just wasn't bad enough.  Stupid, yes, but it really didn't seem to have the same Michael Bay "fragrance."  The hotness of Scarlett Johansson removes the sting.  Although it does have the potential for a great riff during the Ewan MacGregor doppelganger scene for an:  "I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!!!"
"The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe(')." - FZ