login

Author Topic: March Madness Pool  (Read 4984 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: March Madness Pool
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »

I'm really jazzed for Friday night. It feels great to be back in the Sweet 16, and the Badgers are looking very good. It should be interesting to see if Michael Flowers can contain the force of nature that has become Stephen Curry. Regardless, Friday's going to be a party.

North Carolina looks cruel, and the Tennessee/Louisville game should be fun with each being an antithesis of each other with their contrasting focal points. I don't have history on my side with the Volunteers winning it all. The last time a team played an overtime game on their way to the championship was Jimmy V's Wolfpack of '83. Just beat Louisville and North Carolina, that's all I'm hoping for. They can more than lose to Bucky if the situation presented itself in the Final Four.

Memphis, get ready to shoot some free throws with the Spartans.

Friday cannot come soon enough.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »

Memphis, get ready to shoot some free throws with the Spartans.

Friday cannot come soon enough.

My bracket has Memphis beating Michigan State, but I'd switch it if I could. Unlike Memphis, the Spartans came to the tournament to play. In my opinion the smart money is on the Spartans.

Hey TR, you'd probably get a kick outta the fact that I've been wearing a badgers hat for the last few days. It's literally the last Big Ten cap of mine that I've yet to wear. I can't help but show my support for a fellow Big Ten team, predictably the Wisconsin cap has garnered me plenty of smack as of late.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 02:09:16 PM »
My bracket has Memphis beating Michigan State, but I'd switch it if I could. Unlike Memphis, the Spartans came to the tournament to play. In my opinion the smart money is on the Spartans.

Hey TR, you'd probably get a kick outta the fact that I've been wearing a badgers hat for the last few days. It's literally the last Big Ten cap of mine that I've yet to wear. I can't help but show my support for a fellow Big Ten team, predictably the Wisconsin cap has garnered me plenty of smack as of late.

I am very happy for Michigan State and think their physical style of play will be a nuisance for Memphis all game on Friday. Not to mention, did you by chance catch Calipari's comment on Memphis' ineptitude from the the charity stripe last night? If not, he went on saying that Memphis outperformed Mississippi State at the free throw line by making one more shot than them...without adding they shot twelve more. I think Memphis is in a lot of trouble, and Calipari knows it. Michigan State or Pittsburgh, what a horrible draw for Memphis in the Sweet 16, and that's what makes the tournament so cool...the matchups.

...and when the tournament begins, it's all about Big Ten pride! :)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
I find it odd that nobody has mentioned the Texas-Stanford game yet.  It'll definitely be an interesting battle - each team has completely different strengths.  Stanford has a strong inside game, while Texas can shoot the long ball.  My money's on Stanford (I maintain that post play is the key to getting far in the tournament - just look at Florida the past couple years), but I think this will be a close game.  *crosses fingers*
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 02:23:10 PM »

I find it odd that nobody has mentioned the Texas-Stanford game yet.  It'll definitely be an interesting battle - each team has completely different strengths.  Stanford has a strong inside game, while Texas can shoot the long ball.  My money's on Stanford (I maintain that post play is the key to getting far in the tournament - just look at Florida the past couple years), but I think this will be a close game.  *crosses fingers*

And it's being played in Houston so Longhorn-Nation will be there in full force. Much like Badger-Nation on Friday, in Detroit.

Back to Stanford/Texas, it's going to be a war, but I feel the Lopez twins will stand tall when the buzzer sounds. I'm with you BBQ, it's all about post-play in the tournament...especially the deeper you delve into it.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »
Well I lost Georgetown yesturday,  It's beginning to look like whoever gets the champion right wins. 

Offline BBQ Platypus

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008, 08:31:50 PM »
Dammit!  That's two of my Final Four picks gone in one night!  D'oh!

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
I guess by the way the scoring is I have the most potential to score points left.  Should be interesting.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 12:22:10 AM »
Dammit!  That's two of my Final Four picks gone in one night!  D'oh!

I lost three, and my hopes for landing anyone in the Final Four hinges on Xavier of all teams. Besides having this stupid head-cold, the Badger loss dampened my weekend.

:(

On the other hand, Opening Day is Monday!

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 06:16:01 AM »
Too bad about Wisconsin losing, aww well maybe my Big Ten bias will serve me better next year when the Gophers actually make the tournament. I'm still not really thinking baseball yet, (kinda hard to do when I'm still scrapping ice off my car every morning). I think I'm gonna enjoy another week of college basketball before I start my yearly obsession with baseball

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
I think this is the most teams I've ever had in the final four before.  Hopefully Texas can pull off the win tomorrow. 

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
Ok here's how the breakdown goes.

I win if UCLA wins the whole thing.
Platypus wins if North Carolina Wins it all.
If North Carolina doesn't make the finals and UCLA doesn't win the whole thing Minnesota wins. 

It's fun that this is still down to the last weekend.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

...and Davidson's shooting 37% and is tied with a little over a minute to go in the 1st half.

Unreal.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
Wow, all the 1 seeds.  That's odd.

Offline BBQ Platypus

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
Ok here's how the breakdown goes.

I win if UCLA wins the whole thing.
Platypus wins if North Carolina Wins it all.
If Kansas takes the title, Minnesota holds on to win.

It's fun that this is still down to the last weekend.

I simplified your quote there a bit.

And yes, it is fun.