login

Author Topic: shows you watched as a kid?  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
Re: shows you watched as a kid?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 07:35:42 AM »

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »
Actually there were a bunch of David the Gnome products out there, they didn't sell that well. The show was notable for killing off it's central character, albeit in a symbolic gentle way.

Really made you want to get into glass blowing :)
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
Just some news for those of you that mentioned Tiny Toons and Freakazoid:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Freakazoid-Season-1-Announcement/9300

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Season-1-Announced/9301

Sweet, I was wondering when they would get around to Tiny Toons.  Guess the Animaniacs sets are selling well.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 01:01:25 PM »

I rented the first disc of those and never really got around to watching it, alas. :/  I did love Animaniacs as a teen.

I have all of the Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain sets they released, it's such a funny show and even more now that i understand a lot of the jokes. It was a very smart show. That is how i fell about Freakazoid too. It will be so nice to finally have it on DVD!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »
Animaniacs was much better than Pinky and the Brain, but they could have done worse choosing a spin-off.  As great as a lot of Animaniacs was, there were quite a few lame segments that kept coming up.  Anytime Chicken Boo, Katie Ka-Boom or those freaking hippoes showed up I'd go get a snack.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 09:07:50 AM »
Just some news for those of you that mentioned Tiny Toons and Freakazoid:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Freakazoid-Season-1-Announcement/9300

Super-SWEET! I have the whole series downloaded, but I'll be casting those to the wind once this set comes out.

"Heads up, you heathen monkeys!"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2008, 09:12:44 AM »
I always thought Pinky and the Brain was sort of a one-joke thing.  I didn't get how it could be an entire show.

The show did have its moments, though. My favorite episode is the one where the Brain plans to intercept a rocket ship hurtling toward Kansas from the farthest reaches of space, and to raise the infant contained therein, who the Brain theorizes will grow up to have powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, as his servant and thrall. Needless to say, his plan fails spectacularly, and the kid ends up in the hands of a couple of hayseed farmers.  :)
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2008, 02:50:35 PM »
I always thought Pinky and the Brain was sort of a one-joke thing.  I didn't get how it could be an entire show.

The show did have its moments, though. My favorite episode is the one where the Brain plans to intercept a rocket ship hurtling toward Kansas from the farthest reaches of space, and to raise the infant contained therein, who the Brain theorizes will grow up to have powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, as his servant and thrall. Needless to say, his plan fails spectacularly, and the kid ends up in the hands of a couple of hayseed farmers.  :)

It made me laugh as a kid. I still have some good memories when i watch them again. 

*Does a happy dance* Freakazoid! At last!

Yeah i felt the same way, glad im not the only one excited for this thing!

one of my favorite quotes of all time was: "I don't want to go down into the sewer. It smells like poo gas."

I dont know why but "Poo gas" made me laugh hysterically every time

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
I did like that Pinky and the Brain got to have larger scale stories in the new series.  Though they still had 5 to 7 minute segments sometimes, they also had the option to devote the whole episode to one story more often.  Even so, even those two couldn't eclipse Yakko Wakko and Dot for me.  The King Yakko episode has to be my personal favorite.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline almightyspaz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
Lets see:

- Are you afraid of the Dark
- All That
- Animaniacs
- Tales from the Crypt: Yeah i know, it wasn't meant for kids but at 10 i was hooked.
- Wishbone
- Big Wolf on Campus.
"I'm going to a special kind of hell, who's coming with me?"

Offline DRDFarScape

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Female Nerds Do Exist!!
    • My Space
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »
WOW!  Thanks everyone for you answers.    Sorry I've haven't been here for a while. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6260
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
Big Wolf on Campus

I only watched one episode of that. I was flipping through the channels and saw Patrick McKenna (Harold on the Red Green Show). He was a guest star that episode, playing a robot teacher. He was funny, particularly in a flashback with him as the nerdy scientist who created the robot (essentially playing his Harold character). But holy crap was the rest of the episode bad!