Author Topic: Warning: This Post Contains SpaM!  (Read 3753 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Warning: This Post Contains SpaM!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 07:08:53 AM »
I wish I'd known about that technique back when I was participating in chatrooms. Now it seems that all chatrooms are anymore is people trolling for cybersex.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »
I was specifically trying to make all the cybersex folks log out. I would go into the worst possibly named rooms (like DadsLooking4Sons and such)  and spam away.

Yes, I was one of those tools that did that. It was mean and jerkish, but a load of fun! And yes, I was already an adult (well in my early 20s) then so I can't really blame it on that.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 09:54:51 AM »
I have to relate this spam story.

Way way back, when the Internet was a baby and AOL was fancy with BRAND NEW VERSION 2.0!
I used to 'spam' the chat rooms. I would go into a room, the most bizzarre named ones I could find, and then procede to go:
spam spam spam spam spam spam spam  etc...  until the room would shut down (or someone else with AOHell installed would come along and boot me off.) I went 'spamming' as I called it one almost a daily basis. It was fun!

Does anyone remember when spam began to be used primarily as a computer term instead of a food one? I think that I may have been , in some small part, an inventor of modern day spam. Not trying to toot or anything, but I have actually wondered if I somehow helped name the scourge of today's email servers.

oh yeah, my brother was involved with AOHell.  He got questioned by the FBI because he was helping a friend with credit card scamming.  He'd be the package boy.  Luckily the had stuff sent to the abandoned house next to us, so he just played stupid when they asked about people picking up packages.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:50 AM »
I never did the credit card stuff with it. I only used it for flooding and booting folks that needed it. But I had heard that it truely worked.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.